Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[Paint Log] - Dex's Grey Knights

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

dex_911

dex_911

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 370 posts

Thank you all for the comments brothers!

The project has been slow but it's almost finished. So update time!

My Champion (the only non terminator in the army):

Q3lAyl4.jpg?1

dwLf37c.jpg?1

My last paladin (8 in total):

tuqCEMN.jpg?1

3tEMPai.jpg?1

I am waiting for my 2nd dreadknights base to arrive and the army will be complete! I will then share the entire army in it's glory.

Thanks for the encouragement to keep this project going brothers!

PS - I am super happy I went all terminators with the new beta bolter rules smile.png

Edited by dex_911, 04 February 2019 - 10:10 PM.

• librisrouge, Bjorn Firewalker, Waking Dreamer and 1 other like this

+We come from Titan to purge the Daemon+
-------------------------------------------------------

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,732 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Excellent works.
  • dex_911 likes this

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

librisrouge

librisrouge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,487 posts
  • Faction: His Noble Inquisition

Very clean and very pretty marines.

• dex_911 likes this

"Frak this, for my faith is a shield proof against your blandishments."

-Book of Cain - Chapter IV, Verse XXI

"I think you really need to be a guard player in order to have that kind of attitude about casualties. My forces were killed to a man for slight strategic gain? All I heard was a buzzing noise until that part about strategic gain."

-Ailarian, Hand of the Kind XXXI

http://thisisahelmet.blogspot.com/ - My Sometimes Update Blog

ETL_2015_Banner_02_Custos_Fidei_03.jpg gallery_4664_11830_5080.jpg sml_gallery_29004_10691_7586.pnggallery_48988_10980_7442.png

zero88

zero88

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 265 posts
The painting and the converting are very inspiring, awesome work! One idea, on the dreadknight rotating his right wrist to match what the suit is doing. Maybe it's nitpicking, but I reckon that's how the thing would work in practice
  • dex_911 likes this

Volknar

Volknar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1 posts

If you don't mind my asking what paints do you use? Specifically for the swords? They look great.

• dex_911 likes this

dex_911

dex_911

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 370 posts
Hey Volknar, of course brother!
I start by painting the whole sword with Sotek green. Then take Alaitoc blue thinned down with Lahmian medium. Paint 3/4 of the blade on one half then reverse it on the other. Finally, do the same with Lothern blue but only go about half way up the sword on either half.

Hope that helps!

dex_911

dex_911

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 370 posts

Update time brothers!

Well, the army is finished! (Aside from one dreadknight base still in the post). Once that arrives and is finished, i will be taking a lot more photos of the army, but here are some of my newly finished dreadknight number 2 and the army itself :) It feels great to have this project pretty much finished. I adore the army. The GK are my favourite army both in look, lore and well, everything!

UisehaR.jpg?1

ybk5o1q.jpg?1

hYUyifu.jpg?1

fp5jSv4.jpg?1

And some army shots:

Obwfi5U.jpg?1

RQaAL6q.jpg?1

v2YPlld.jpg?1

Thank you to those brothers who have inspired me to continue and finish this project. I promise proper photos of the entire army as soon as that damn base is finished!

dex

• librisrouge, Bjorn Firewalker, Waking Dreamer and 1 other like this

Freakshow668

Freakshow668

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 193 posts
  • Faction: Chaos
Absolutely beautiful army brother, your painting's so crisp and clean.
  • dex_911 likes this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,732 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
The dynamic pose certainly makes your DreadKnight look better.
  • dex_911 likes this

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

Waking Dreamer

Waking Dreamer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 673 posts
  • Faction: Grey Knights

Very impressive and inspiring collection!

When I get back from overseas, I'll try and finish up my army so I can post up complete GK army as well.

Again, nice work. Go Grey Knights! 

"Suffer not the daemon to live!"

• dex_911 likes this

5XoQE0g.png 8fZRKmF.png

dex_911

dex_911

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 370 posts

Thank you brothers!

Freakshow - I have seen some of your work and it looks great also!

Bjorn - You have been there right from the start, thank you brother.

Waking dreamer - I would very much like to see your collection! Let us purge the daemon together brother!

Wakkomaster

Wakkomaster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 37 posts

Fantastic!

• dex_911 likes this

Joukernaut

Joukernaut

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 280 posts

This is starting to become a very impressive army. I love the effort you have put into the modelling aspect.

Well done!

• dex_911 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users