Lunar Lynx Vow/project

WickedApp

Maybe he is not bleeding out but instead just received Medical care and should be resting.  He could have bandages over his power Armour.  His sitting up would look more like an act of defiance.

white gauze over black with red blood.  I could add a drag trail of blood up the ramp.

IMG 0341

4th squad

4th Squad 3rd Company Shadow Scarred  Raven Guard successor Chapter Luna Lynx

Razorback twin assault cannons. stormbolter, Missile     122pts

Liberian  force sword, stormbolter                                     100pts

Apothecary  chainsword, pistol                                           55 pts

Company Ancient  power axe, Relic- standard of the Emperor  68pts

Company Veterans

Srgt Vet chainsword, stormbolter

Vet Plasma pistol, stormshield

Vet strombolter, stormshield

Vet chainsword, stormshield                                   71pts

= 416 pts

I will put a 3 man Aggressor squad with auto boltstorm/ frag grenade launcher following behind.  111pts

The razor should screen the Aggressors while I advance both down field. The squads objective is to act as a distraction drawing fire.  I will get the Units close with in 12 inches of a hoard unit then Dakka, Dakka Dakka.

The units can easily switch to melee if my opponent wants to go that way or if I need to chump a large guy or tank.  3 Power fists and a Plasma Pistol for the heavy armor + Liberian.

Any thoughts?

Good job on the new models.

Maybe he is not bleeding out but instead just received Medical care and should be resting. He could have bandages over his power Armour.

In Dan Abnett's Brothers of the Snake, an Apothecary uses sterile clay to cover wounds when performing combat first aid. Makes sense, considering power armor plates' thickness will prevent bandages from properly resting on the wound, unless the plates are removed before the bandage is applied- hard to do when the enemy is still shooting at you.

His sitting up would look more like an act of defiance.

I agree.

white gauze over black with red blood. I could add a drag trail of blood up the ramp.

Good ideas.

I Imagine that in combat situations if an Apothecary or non-apothecary performing quick medical treatment, there would be a 2 part epoxy paste that both seals the wound and would close the armor.  Some thing that would buy the marine time, and still allow the suit to function.  Imagine a chalking gun.  After treatment, gauze could be applied to strengthen the bond to the armor.

the blood trail up the ramp is easy to do and will be self explanatory.  Gauze & Blood might not be as easy to see.  It is a bit dark inside the chamber.  I do not want to add lighting.  (an LED inserted into a cut drinking straw tube; wired to the front cabin and set to a light reader switch; operating from a watch battery; would fit the bill)

I could place hoses going into him from the ship.

here is the problem

IMG 0342

same photo with out the top

IMG 0343

image with direct light source focused into hull

IMG 0344

IMG 0349

Im done  messing with it.  Spent more time working on the guy with the gun then the whole project.

The scene is not too bad to look at with out direct lighting, you can make out the stuff.

Used flash on the photo above.

Thank you all for your support.

Next project, Ven Dread, and a rhino repaint/remodel to Razor maybe.

So, silly me goes and builds an Ultramarine Smash captain yesterday.  Idle hands are the devils work I  guess.

I was trying to fit a Liberian (fast attack) or smash captain in some where.  I saw a Relic for Ultramarine Captains The Sanctic Halo 3+ Invul & attempt to deny 1 psychic power.  Seems a good mix of the two.  Pictures later.

What the rest of you do not own crows?  What kind of dedicated Corvus Clan is this?

It is a Halloween decoration.  It was sold as a raven but it is way too small.  The fake ones are easier to work with.

I actually found a really cool raven skull this year at World Market Cost Plus made out of that cheap foam-like resin. I was very close to buying it, repainting it, then having it to use in a display board application.

What the rest of you do not own crows?  What kind of dedicated Corvus Clan is this?

It is a Halloween decoration.  It was sold as a raven but it is way too small.  The fake ones are easier to work with.

I actually found a really cool raven skull this year at World Market Cost Plus made out of that cheap foam-like resin. I was very close to buying it, repainting it, then having it to use in a display board application.

I have passed up deals like that many times and then tried to go back and get them, but it is usually to late.  Saw a Glass Head just under life size that was hollow.  I though wow thats cool looking but what do I need it for.  Later that night I'm like I could build a robot inside and make it do things, I could fill it with goo that looks like brains or painted zombie stuff....  Other ones on line were 4 times the price.  Missed that, but I did save money by not building a Robot Head. So I guess it worked out.

IMG 0351

IMG 0352

IMG 0353

Epathus, Master of the Rites

Captain Epathus

For the Supreme Command Detachment

Command Detatchment

• 2 weeks later...

Raven Guard's  Luna Lynx Chapter have been called upon to evaluate a planet for possible Necron threat.  The mission is to arrive, assess, and remove any non-complainants.

2200 pts

Matched play

Raven guard

Battalion   Raven Guard   5cps          1307 pts

HQ

Lt "Nightstalker";   Jumppack, Plasma pistol, Chainsword                

83 pts

Captain "Moonlight";  Jumppack, Stromshield, Thunderhammer, bolt pistol

124 pts

Troops

Scout Squad(5); serg "Meatball" 2 bolt pistols, 4x boltgun/bolt pistols

55 pts

Scout squad(5); 5x boltgun/bolt pistols

55 pts

Scout squad(5); serg chainsword/bolt pistol, 4x combat knives/ bolt pistol

55 pts

Scout Sniper Squad(7);  7x camo cloak, 6 sniper rifle, heavy Bolter

120 pts

Fast Attack

Bike Squad(3); Serg Chainsword, Twin Boltgun; Chainsword,  twin Boltgun; Bolt Pistol, twin Boltgun

69 pts

Scout Bike Squad (3); serg Storm Bolter, Twin Boltgun, Astarte Shotgun, Combat knife

2x Twin Boltgun, Astarte Shotgun, Bolt Pistol, Combat knife

71 pts

Heavy Support

Devastator Squad (5); serg Boltgun, Bolt pistol

2x Las cannon, Bolt pistol

2x Missile Launcher, Bolt pistol

Armourium Cherub

160 pts

Devastator Squad (5); serg, Stormbolter, Bolt pistol

2x Las cannon, bolt pistol

1 Missile Launcher, bolt Pistol

1 Heavy Bolter, bolt Pistol

Armourium Cherub

152 pts

Storm Talon Gunship "Rumpshaker"; 2 Las cannons, Twin Assault Cannon

204 pts

Stormhawk Interceptor;  2x Assault Cannon, Icarus Storm Cannon, 2 Heavy Bolter

159 pts

1307 pts total

Vanguard Detachment  Raven Guard 1 CP      509pts

HQ

Librarian; Force Sword,Storm Bolter, Grenades

98 pts

Elites

Company Ancient "Skull Shadow";  Power Axe, Relic- Emperors Banner-

68 pts

Apothecary "Doctor Feelgood"; Chainsword, Bolt Pistol, Grenades

55 pts

Company Veterans (3); Serg "Wither"Chainsword, Storm Bolter

Vet. "Nevermore" Storm Bolter, Stormshield

Vet. "Thalios"  Plasma Pistol, Storm shield

55 pts

Aggressor Squad (3); 3x Auto Bolt storm Gauntlets, Fragstorm Grenade Launcher

111 pts

Dedicated Transport

Razorback "Grim"; Twin Assault Cannon, Storm Bolter, Hunter Killer Missile

122 pts

total 509 pts

Supreme Command Detachment   Astarte     1 CP   381 pts

HQ

Salamander Captain "Hemlock" ; Storm Shield, Thunder Hammer, Jump pack, bolt Pistol

124 pts

Ultramarine Captain "Epathus"; Jump pack, Master crafted Bolt gun, Thunder Hammer

117 pts

The Emperor's Champion

75 pts

Sergent Telion

65 pts

total 381 pts

=2197 pts   Total CP 10 (5+1+1+3)  (about 750 pts in reserve)

-3 [edit correct cost]  for Relics of the Chapter  The Sanctic Halo on "Epathus", The Shield Eternal on "MoonLight" or Teeth of Terra on "Nightstalker"

Libby's Discipline Smite, Null Zone, Might of Heroes (option) Fury of the Ancients

Warlord "Moonlight"  Silent Stalker

Plan is to put the scouts Snipers on backfield Objective w/ los (take out HQ),  Devs on backfield objectives w/ los (take out heavy support).  Storm Talon Gunship in hover mode using Las cannons (((take out heavy support) protect backfield ) engage T3+T4)

Deploy scouts in forward objective w/ cover sit and wait

load Razorback w/ Elite Vanguard, having Aggressors walking behind using as cover.  Head for auxillury HQ unit. Dakka  distraction

Stormhawk Interceptor to take out any flyers T1+T2 mop up duty after that (if still alive)

Bikes move around field act as cover for The Emperors Champion, and to take away Over Watch, allowing Smash Captains to move in

Sergent Telion sits in the back field hitting and killing hangs w/ Devs or scouts

jump pack units Deep strike T2 targets of opportunity

1) goal is to provide enough distraction that the necrons leave the Troops alone.

2) Smash Captains act as guided Missiles doing most of the brunt work

3) Vanguard acts like an Axe cutting into the ranks then surgically taking on the HQ

4) main army waits acts as gun line using range as they sit on Objectives

Any thoughts?  What would you do differently?  Any Blaring mistakes?  Advice is welcome.  Thank you nice folks.

Well on my way to the Necron Threat.  My Luna Lynx ran into sister sorority ,  I played a 2000 pt list as above - srgt Telion, - Stormhawk Interceptor.

My opp, played a list of stormbolters and heavy bolters.  He fielded 80 models.  I fielded less.

We played for 3 turns (it was getting late). I conceded to his 12 objective pts (mine was at 6) He had at end 40+ models, I had 22.  If the game went longer I might have been able to table him T6-7. 

take away from the battle:  Snipers Squad, killed warlord T1, wounded captain 3w of 4w, Celestine 3 mortal wounds

Storm Raven gunship, mopped up the field wounding 3 Units, and taking no damage.

Devs: did fine only hitting half their targets

Razorback died T1

Aggressors made their Pts

Emporeor's champ took a while to walk to kill guys but did great at dodging, made his pts taking out a captain

Bikers traded

scouts mostly died

Libby, almost made his pts

Apothacary, did nothing

bannerman, gave Aggressors 2 more shots

Captains, LT; acted as guided missiles, they failed at the role.  2 aimed a Celestine (she died but reanimated) 

I think they would have aided the war effort better with the auras effects near my troops

Large hoard armys take objectives easily, and can be equally divided allowing for wide board coverage.

My army needs to act like a driving axe head.  trying to be fancy wont work well.

My army then moved on to the Necron Army.

post results and take aways later.

Sorry for the wait, life stuff.

1500 pt game vs Necrons.  Not sure what he played, 9 devistators model & warlord. A spider looking thing w/ heavy guns.  A plane, lots of necron infantry.

He had about 50 models on field.

I played list above minus Apothecary, Devestator squad, and Supreme command squad.  I played 46 models.

Played with objective cards.

I won with him conceding end of T3.  It was getting late.

My Sniper scouts were the MVP, Killing his captain by T2, wounding his warlord, taking out the last Destroyer.  They took a lot of fire reducing a 8 man squad to 4.

Honorable mentions, Stormraven Interceptor , Destroyed his plane T1 and killed many of his Devetators 11 kills (they got back up)

Storm hawk Talon, sat in back field and punched away at his Heavys, T2 a squad jumped into my backfield and the talon killed them all to the man. T3 I flew into his backfield scored pts and readied for a good display of guns.

Devestator squad got 4 kills over the game. They put a lot of hurt on guys that allowed other to finish the job

Weakest links for the game

Bikers, scout bikers, scouts w/ knives

I did not expect much of these units but they took the early shots

I swarmed the side of the board with his Destroyers and worked them till they ran or died.  He was cut off from his main army due to terrain.

He had no answers to my T7 amour vehicles after I killed off his Destroyers.  He conceded after that.

My smash captain took on the Heavy spider on turn 2 making his charge. but not killing it leaving it with 1 wound left, Devestors finished it off. 

take aways I used a lot of firepower on the destroyers early and it took a long time for it to work ( scout squad, aggressor squad, devestator squad, Razorback)

Archived