Using stratagems more than one per phase?

Shas Oh Dear

So I've been thinking about stratagems from the various marines codexes recently. At a glance hellfire shells, flakk missiles etc are the same strat. But the space marines codex version can be used by any adeptus astartes unit but the blood angels/dark Angels etc version specifies those chapters. To me this means they are actually different stratagems and therfore can be used multiple times a phase so long as you have a dark angels detachment, a blood angels detachment and a codex marines detachment etc that contains a unit which qualifies.

What are everyone's thoughts on this? (also apologies for the convoluted explanation.)

This is very clearly covered in the main rulebook FAQ unfortunately and is a firm no.

Q: For the purposes of the Strategic Discipline matched play rule, are Stratagems with identical names that appear in different codexes (e.g. ‘Veterans of the Long War’, which is a Stratagem in Codex: Chaos Space Marines, Codex: Death Guard and Codex: Thousand Sons) considered to be the same Stratagem?

A: Yes.

… For the purposes of the Strategic Discipline matched play rule ...

This phrase mucks things up a bit. Strategic Discipline only kicks in during game turns. Which is why there was early errata limiting the various relics stratagems to once only.

Last I checked the various Eldar webway strikes could all be interleaved, but there was some anticipation that this might get faq'd after the next series of major tourneys if they proved problematic.

Archived