So considering attempting getting my DG painted in time for event season... May not happen but playing with list ideas just incase.
This is where I'm at with it right now, I'm trying for fluffy and maximising the RoW rather than fully optimized (narrative events after all!) so i'm saying no transports/ armour and hoofing it across the board under Mortarions baleful eye, maximising bodies + firepower.
Sat at just above 2600pts right now:
The way I see the list working:
- 2 Tactical blobs and Medics advance up the board and cover ground capping objectives, using interceptor fire and FotL as they go.
- Heavy Support Squads stay back and capture objectives in my DZ. MoS + SB hang out with them providing buffs where needed sat behind cover of the Aegis Line.
- Quad Launchers act as area Denial/ annoyance - more of a distraction than anything.
- Mortarion and the Grave Wardens act as a wall to my shooting units, slowly advancing and taking charges where necessary, winning through brutal Overwatch and Mortarions Prowess. If need be Mortarion can split off and Terrorise the likes of MC, Medium Vehicles and small back-line units.
- Cotrus sticks near the Tac Blobs to provide support but able to help the GW in a pinch.
In terms of models I have, I own some Deathshroud but feel like in a list like this their Tartaros just isn't too useful... In the past I've toyed with the idea of using a Vigilator to outflank a blob of them up the board (nice representation of the way a Scythe cuts too!) But unsure of it's viability... Could combo well with a comms-relay on the ADL though.
I'm also not sold on using the Lascannon squad and am considering Plasma Cannons for some AP2 but feel like i'll need the anti-tank. In addition I feel like my HS slots should be maxxed out because of the RoW letting me take the HSS as troops!
I suppose as well I could always swap Mortarion for Typhon too, giving me a Psyker and a few extra points to play with... But I think Morty's Stubborn is VERY powerful for this force and his combat skills fill a gap.
Thoughts my dudes?
Edited by Charlo, 23 July 2018 - 11:24 AM.