Astartes Consul Does 'Retrohammer'

The Razorback is well done. Is the red turret meant to identify the tank as a Veteran Company transport, the way a red helmet identifies a Veteran SGT?

I hadn't thought of that! Chose the red A. to break up all the blue and B. as a homage to this.

The Razroback itself is now finished! As you can see below (more photos here). 

Razorback Finished (3:4)

And next on my list is this. Hipster Cato Sicarius!

Sicarius Retro WiP 1

Nice to see one of these! I actually still have an old Razorback in my retro Space Wulves collection. They are far too badly painted to photograph but one of my long term projects is to gradually repaint them. I've got a bunch of metal Wolf Guard Termies, a squad of Grey Hunters and the old Njall Stormcaller.

I also had one of the old all-plastic Predators in Space Wolves colours as well as an Imperial Hellhound, but they were in the big box of minis I threw away in a moment of madness.

That box also had my Necromunda Gang, my Blood Bowl teams, some other Space Wolves and other bits I don't want to think about too much.

Thanks for the comments everyone!

Man, those old Razorbacks are certainly something... brings back memories. Lovely work on it.

Thanks mate. Getting to put some proper work on it has made me very nostalgic and also sad that I haven't kept more models from that era...

Nice to see one of these! I actually still have an old Razorback in my retro Space Wulves collection. They are far too badly painted to photograph but one of my long term projects is to gradually repaint them. I've got a bunch of metal Wolf Guard Termies, a squad of Grey Hunters and the old Njall Stormcaller.

I also had one of the old all-plastic Predators in Space Wolves colours as well as an Imperial Hellhound, but they were in the big box of minis I threw away in a moment of madness.

That box also had my Necromunda Gang, my Blood Bowl teams, some other Space Wolves and other bits I don't want to think about too much.

Cheers! I actually have the old metal SW dreadnought and the 3/4th Ed Wolf Priest which, motivation permitting, I am planning to crack on with once the Smurfs are all done.

No school like the old school. I'm a real sucker for projects like this and you've certainly honoured that Razorback well with your painting, very nice work.

Look forward to seeing what you do with Sicarius.

Appreciate that Doghouse! Really enjoyed painting it tbh and gave me a nice boost when it was all finished off.

+++

Just a brief update on Sicarius here, with apologies for the low picture quality. I've spent some time laying down base colours and applied the armour highlight and at this stage I've learnt that there is enough of the model painted to see where I may have missed details and made mistakes.

Next step is to tidy up those, and the highlights, before moving on to layering lighter colours and washes.

Would appreciate thoughts, especially on the gem stones, which I've used Bloodletter Glaze on, over a base layer of Mephiston Red with a small line/dot of white applied over the top.

Retro Sicarius WiP - 2

Retro Sicarius WiP - 3

Retro Sicarius WiP - 4

Retro Sicarius WiP - 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...