Deploying Rubrics

Tyriks

Reminder-Gaze of Fate

I generally have several units of Rubrics in my army, I will spend the 1CP for the spell familiar and swap out Smite to put Gaze on as AspSorc.

I was doing this pre-FAQ where it got codified as being a valid tactic.

This saves me from having to use it by my DP.

Reminder-Gaze of Fate

I generally have several units of Rubrics in my army, I will spend the 1CP for the spell familiar and swap out Smite to put Gaze on as AspSorc.

I was doing this pre-FAQ where it got codified as being a valid tactic.

This saves me from having to use it by my DP.

Great idea for really taking advantage of that low difficulty number.

I feel like swapping around powers really is one of the best abilities we have (and one we should be abusing more often since it can allow us to shuffle things around to keep us from being as restricted in our power selection on the bigger psykers in the army).

I am only using 10 Rubrics now and down to 5 SOTs. ( down from 15 )

I actually put the Rubrics in a Rhino again , old school and I’m finding it’s working... largely because people hate shooting at Rhinos when there are 4 Armigers running around.

Glad to see Rubrics in Rhinos are working for you Prot.

I have had to take some time off 40k to focus on other things though Killteam got me excited about Rubrics being used more if even for a different game.

Having not played or frequented our board lately how is our army holding up months after our dex dropped?

I actually put the Rubrics in a Rhino again , old school and I’m finding it’s working... largely because people hate shooting at Rhinos when there are 4 Armigers running around.

Are those the dual autocannon ones? I imagine not much else is shot at with those running around.

Are those the dual autocannon ones? I imagine not much else is shot at with those running around.

exactly. :tu:

Plus I should add I still like Rhinos very much for things that my Thousand Sons don’t like.... being assaulted, or receiving overwatch.

Last game I had to drop off the Rubrics earlier than I’d like but the Rhino ran a block for the SOTs and then took overwatch from 2 Russes, prevent g them from firing next turn. I was hoping for more Strat use on the Rhino but I got so incredibly lucky with the Rubrics and a mind control cast that he had to concede.

Plus I should add I still like Rhinos very much for things that my Thousand Sons don’t like.... being assaulted, or receiving overwatch.

Last game I had to drop off the Rubrics earlier than I’d like but the Rhino ran a block for the SOTs and then took overwatch from 2 Russes, prevent g them from firing next turn. I was hoping for more Strat use on the Rhino but I got so incredibly lucky with the Rubrics and a mind control cast that he had to concede.

Rhinos are great for LOS blocking, tying up gunlines, and soaking overwatch. I have 4 painted for my Sons and I plan on breaking them out if I need to field multiple smaller squads for objective grabbing.

I wonder if GW might add a bonus to units firing overwatch to stop people from soaking overwatch with transports. I understand that rhinos and especially Chimeras do this very well.

Dark Eldar Raiders and Venoms are the best at this. They were the first to do it because they are fastest...

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if GW might add a bonus to units firing overwatch to stop people from soaking overwatch with transports. I understand that rhinos and especially Chimeras do this very well.

I thought the rules were specifically written to allow this to happen and be used as a valid tactic. The rhino is doing it's job of protecting the dudes.

I thought the rules were specifically written to allow this to happen and be used as a valid tactic. The rhino is doing it's job of protecting the dudes.

I’m fine with this tbh, it’s the consolidate into a unit to stop overwatch that bugs me tbh

I’m fine with this tbh, it’s the consolidate into a unit to stop overwatch that bugs me tbh

Which you can't do.

You consolidate when you activate your unit which happens in the Fight phase, not in the Charge phase.

Which you can't do.

You consolidate when you activate your unit which happens in the Fight phase, not in the Charge phase.

Sorry for the confusion!

I charge into unit A, and then pile in/consolidate to a scary overwatch unit B and make it stuck in combat without any punishment.

So can i just point out that in a recent tournament that a rubric player did very well with a double battalion with 3 5man rubric squads deployed in drills. Very interesting. Im not sure but i would assume one battalion deployed on the board and the other in reserve in the drills. Cheaper than dreadclaws at least pointswise.

Which you can't do.

Sorry for the confusion!

I charge into unit A, and then pile in/consolidate to a scary overwatch unit B and make it stuck in combat without any punishment.

Once the rhino has charged a unit, it is already in contact with a unit and can logically not make a pile in move to get closer to an enemy unit. Unless you can do some weird stuff like rotating the rhino around a corner so it doesnt get further from the unit it assaulted, but the back end gets within 1" of another unit. 

In which case, handbrake drift into opponents gunline = rule of cool. Bonus if you then pop warpflame gargoyles.

As per SFpanzer. Opponent's fault for clumping their units together vs an assaulting unit. Might as well complain about aura effects that hit multiple of your units when you clump them. 

Which you can't do.

Sorry for the confusion!

Once the rhino has charged a unit, it is already in contact with a unit and can logically not make a pile in move to get closer to an enemy unit. Unless you can do some weird stuff like rotating the rhino around a corner so it doesnt get further from the unit it assaulted, but the back end gets within 1" of another unit. 

In which case, handbrake drift into opponents gunline = rule of cool. Bonus if you then pop warpflame gargoyles.

As per SFpanzer. Opponent's fault for clumping their units together vs an assaulting unit. Might as well complain about aura effects that hit multiple of your units when you clump them. 

You don't have to move into base contact when making a charge. It's enough to be within 1". So with your consolidate move you can move anywhere within 3" as long as you end up <1" to the unit you charged.

Archived