Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

++A Roar amongst the Thorns++ Valthex (Pg 6)

Astral Claws Tyrants Legion Truescale Red Corsairs

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

sockwithaticket

sockwithaticket

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,717 posts
  • Faction: Crimson Tears

That's shaping up to be a good stab at Valthex.

Crimson Tears, Deathwatch and Inquisition WIP thread (most recent page):
http://www.bolterand...updated/page-28

Deathwatch Hall of Honour thread:
http://www.bolterand...maccrage/page-4

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpg

TheTrans

TheTrans

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 337 posts

Alright, given I've got 3 weeks to square away the army now I figured I better get my arse into gear!

So first up I give you Valthex. 

IMG_20190311_100554.jpg(just realised the chainsword on the servo arm needs straightening tongue.png )

IMG_20190311_100625.jpg

IMG_20190311_100642.jpgIMG_20190311_100652.jpg

So I've tryed to keep a good whack of his core components, or themes, to flavour the model, but also went a little bit my own way with it. I reread his (tiny bit) of fluff and the I-word Array, from what I can gather isn't 'just' the whips, it's the whole shebang that he has added and modified. So I figured he would of built into into his armour as well. I wanted it to almost be sentient while being slaved to his will also, hence with him pointing you have the one quasi-sentient cable snaking out of his armour, as well as the whips 'head' looking in the direction he is gesturing. I imagine it's almost a symbiotic sort of system and that would totally be his jam I reckon! 

As to colouring, do I go the forgewold scheme (makes sense) or add some red in? I feel adding red in, while 'aligning' with standard codex colouring, it actually doens't make a heap of sense for him, I imagine he would be pretty arrogant and to mark him self in fealty to any one other than Huron I feel would be out of character. I may be over thinking the pscyhe and motives of some one who is essentially a filler character, but oh well tongue.png.

Next up we have an Maelstrom Fleet Lighter. Which I'll be using as a Land Speeder Storm. It will be transporting a 5 mine squad of my Hereteks (scouts with bolters) thought it was a bit of a fun nod to the Tyrant's legion list again, while keeping it mono-dex. You can see from this pic I've added both the cerberus launcher and a multi melta (got to fill up them points msn-wink.gif ).  Also swapped out the pilot with a servitor as I imagine the Hereteks would just use a hardwired pilot instead of a dude that could get out. The question on colouring though. Should I have it red like the hereteks, but will stand out maybe a bit too much on the display board. Or do I maybe have it in a dull grey or some such (of the maelstrom fleet) with some graphittied heretek symbols on it? 

IMG_20190311_100737.jpg

Finally just a Quad Lascannon Demolisher (using it as a laspred due to using my 'Relic' on the leviathan dread in HS. I've called it Culln's Folley as I imagine the Astral Claws where using any war-spoils they could, so this tank will be pretty low on moulded on AC iconography as I imagine it was repaired, repainted, and had it's machine spirit 'persuaded' by Valthex to play ball for the AC, then thrown back into the mix. I imagine this was left on Pireaus when the Loyalists withdrew.

IMG_20190311_100910.jpg

Edited by TheTrans, 11 March 2019 - 10:14 PM.

• RolandTHTG, DuskRaider and Ryltar Thamior like this

++A Roar Amongst the Thorns++ - A Turescale Astral Claws Plog

++A Cloak of Foes Felled++ - A 30k Thunder Warrior narrative Plog

++The Free Flesh is Strong++ - A 30k Dark Mechanicum narrative Plog

TheTrans

TheTrans

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 337 posts

That's shaping up to be a good stab at Valthex.

Thanks Brother! 

Valthex is really shaping up, your updated version looks amazing! Definitely looking forward to seeing him finished.

Cheers mate! 

Valthex is coming on nicely, I think that it  really speaks for his scale that Ferrus' servos fit just right. I like the slight angle to his pose and direction of view, makes him a lot less stiff than the FW model. Another option for the whips, other than the Escher, could be the tendrils of the Necron Wraiths, though they would require a little more work, I feel the barbed tips fit the cruelty seen in the events on Badab.

Good thinking on the whips mate! Didn't see that part of your pot but the barbed nastiness makes heaps of sense!

He's looking good.
I think the Escher from necromunda have a electro whip that I've seen used on space Marines to good effects.

Had a look into that thanks mate! I feel it was a bit too 'in action' for how he is sort of standing there.

RedSarge

RedSarge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 82 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

You have great scratchbuilding skills and a good sense of scale on your conversions.

I'm surprised that recasts are now allowed on the forums!? What the heck happened?

hushrong

hushrong

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,483 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors
Oh my heresy! Awesome updates Oman’s I’m head over heels for your Valthex! He’s superb!

Black Legion: The Fire Rises

Dornian Heresy: Iron Hands Raiders

Alpha Legion: The Heads of the Hydra Strike

Emperor's Children: Cult of Golden Tears

Brother Chaplain Kage

Brother Chaplain Kage

++ SACERDOS UMBRA ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 8,010 posts
  • Faction: VIII Legion - Crimson Sons

Valthex is looking good, brother!

I'm surprised that recasts are now allowed on the forums!? What the heck happened?

Recasts have been allowed for a long time. You can talk about them, you can display them in your threads like a regular model, but what you are not allowed to do by the forum rules is tell people how or where to buy them. 

dVIGLrG.pngFPVd6je.pngQiZFXmD.png

Hope is the first step to despair.

Check out my Instagram for other stuff I can't post here.

TheTrans

TheTrans

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 337 posts

Valthex is looking good, brother!

Recasts have been allowed for a long time. You can talk about them, you can display them in your threads like a regular model, but what you are not allowed to do by the forum rules is tell people how or where to buy them. 

Spot on brother! I think recasts have honestly become part of the hobby so to speak. I know the Australian 30k community just would no longer exist without them.. The prices we pay down here are horrific! 

Oh my heresy! Awesome updates Oman’s I’m head over heels for your Valthex! He’s superb!

Thanks brother! Now to get some colour onto him! 

You have great scratchbuilding skills and a good sense of scale on your conversions.

Have been for ages mate. I honestly wouldn't be in the hobby at all if it wasn't for them! 

Pearson73

Pearson73

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,163 posts
  • Faction: Iron Hands Legion

Solid work on Valthex, I like the idea of using the Lighter as a Speeder for the Hereteks. I think either scheme would work for the Lighter, though I would do it red to really tie it into the troopers it supports.

Sherrypie

Sherrypie

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 903 posts

This thread is full of win, those terminators are just wicked. I also really like the little details, like the warning decal in Huron's flamethrower. Keep on truckin'!

#ConvertEverything!

30k / 40k / Epic: Truescale Death Guard / Mechanicum project http://www.bolterand...s-with-the-xiv/

AT: Legio Favilla walks, Ashen Gods unleashed http://www.bolterand...gods-unleashed/

gallery_48988_16045_17820.pngsml_gallery_48988_16045_8658.png

TheTrans

TheTrans

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 337 posts

Solid work on Valthex, I like the idea of using the Lighter as a Speeder for the Hereteks. I think either scheme would work for the Lighter, though I would do it red to really tie it into the troopers it supports.

Thanks mate!! I've started with a soft blue-grey with some blue stripes!

This thread is full of win, those terminators are just wicked. I also really like the little details, like the warning decal in Huron's flamethrower. Keep on truckin'!

Cheers mate, glad you enjoyed them! :) 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Astral Claws, Tyrants Legion, Truescale, Red Corsairs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users