Celestine rules question

sairence

Hi there! I'm generally a Guard player, but in some rare cases I've fielded Celestine and her wondertwins to support my forces.

Now, the way I've played her rules so far has been this:

Celestine gets downed once. I use her Miraculous Intervention to bring her back on a 2+. If she dies again, I remove her and any remaining Geminae from play.

Now I've been told that apparently some people only apply MI to her first death. If she dies again and a Geminae is still alive, they don't remove the Geminae, as MI does not trigger again. They them resurrect Celestine herself with the Spirit of the Martyr Act of Faith.

This seems incredibly cheesy to me. I don't really feel that using her like that is intended. My question is how you actual Sisters-players use her. Do you play the rule that way or do you remove her for good with her girls the second time she is killed?

Since its the roll of 1 on MI that removes the bodyguard, you don't have to remove them when Celestine dies a second time.

Then you can use your Act of Faith to bring her back to life again. 

I usually don't AoF-ressurect Celestine because of game length. You usually don't have time to die, MI, die again and AoF in a single game

As Mainman_99 said, you only remove the entire unit if you roll a 1 on Miraculous Intervention OR you use the Martyrdom stratagem. If you pass her MI (which can be re-rolled with a command point if you fail) and she falls again, the Geminae stay. However, they no longer automatically get an Act of Faith each turn as that is an ability granted by Celestine herself, so you're now reliant upon passing your 2+ roll to stand her back up with 1 Wound OR passing the 4+ on an Imagifier that's within 6" of the two Geminae.

Also note you don't regenerate Geminae while Celestine is down.

It is a legitimate strategy. Chuck wounds on geminae till she finally gets whittled down.

When you bring her back, put wounds to Celestine and faith bring her back when you feel like.

Yes it is super cheesy. Yes, you reserve this for when youre against D bag players and people who think sisters shouldnt be a thing.

It's a trick that rarely ever comes into play. Majority of the time it's best to just kill the gems first, heal Celestine for D3 if she's still alive and not engaged, then resurrect the gem at start of move phase.

Thanks people. I'll keep it in mind as an option and only think about using it for nasty opponents and people who talk at the theatre. :)

Why? It's a valid tool of your army. Also, it very rarely comes into play as killing the twins after downing Celestine is easy.

Archived