New Deathwatch army project- Watcher Keep, Qunitus Company

Reviler

Thanks.

However I feel the transfers are to bright for the more muted tones of the paint scheme after some other feed back. I am going to have a go at chipping it/weathering it. I'll watch some youtube tutorials i think 

Game went well yesterday. Synopses later

Another update

Kill team 1, combat squad 2

ElqXeX4.jpg

Black shield leader

yX0WkX8.jpg

M4vZXo6.jpg

Knight of Gryphone

beLTdV1.jpg

x2D9rCz.jpg

Silver skull

5HByrmY.jpg

rOrzuTq.jpg

Taurian

orAYjQS.jpg

9u1FsHA.jpg

Knight of Corax

KuSp6gb.jpg

ev5Q45C.jpg

Making head way. 12 to go. I did the chipping on JP librarian so will get some pictures up of that soon

Played a DA amy again last night. He made more of a fight of it, with game going to turn 5. He ended castling up with hellblasters, chapter ancient, lieutenant and master. However we played Maelstrom so I had board control and scored the points. In the end I surrounded and overran the castle, killing them all. My Watch Captain smashed the Ancient and Lieutenant in one round of combat, after the librarian cast Might of heroes on him. 

In my army I have found the AT/fire support section as sufficient so far. Need to see it face a vehicle heavier list. 

26/38

TheBigAristole - only have three in the list and all on models with A3 minimum. They have preformed well so far. Like i said the captain mashed both a chapter ancient and a Primaris Lieutenant with his on Monday night in one round of combat. Only 53 points invested overall.

Hot on the heels of the last one, is a single model. A vanguard with heavy thunder hammer. 
He isn't part of the army, but I had one model spare and the heavy thunder hammer is an iconic weapon for DW (though not great in game) so I did one. He gives me the option to use a 5 man vanguard vet squad and a 6 biker unit rather than using them as part of the kill teams. He is a black templar and I did some weathering on the transfers so they didn't look to bright. 

6miCk6Q.jpg
Q0ti0SB.jpg

27/38

Next update, the second half of Kill team 3. Bikes and vanguard vets. 

yU4EweL.jpg

Ironhand watch sergeant Haakan

XpZAq77.jpg

0gILXus.jpg

White scar 

qCbPHzl.jpg

Vhqm7dP.jpg

Red Talon

tTA3K8U.jpg

UTWhuWM.jpg

Imperial fist

OwdpiOM.jpg

ob5vFw6.jpg

Space Wolf

IUmYhrR.jpg

71g4nSY.jpg

This just leaves 6 deathwatch to complete the army

32/38

Thanks Bjorn. They are decals, from the space marine sheet, just weathered in a little with some black using a bit of blister foam. Someone had commented about them looking to new and shiny on imgur so I went back over them. They do look a lot better and more natural now.

A quick up date. 

I was sorting through some boxes in my hobby room and found a load of old sprues of left overs from my Imperial Guard army. I noticed the left over Taurox track units, i used third party half track kits on mine, then the HB's from the leman russ'. Then POP!, an idea sprung into my head. Rapiers! Specifically quad heavy bolter ones. A cheap heavy support choice at 76pts and a great way to tick the required slot for a relic class FW choice like a Leviathan, Whirlwind Scorpius or Contemptor. A very simple assembly job later and here you go. Three more models to paint.

RU3dXZ0.jpg

3wR4aLG.jpg

2q3ksES.jpg

regcSrP.jpg

Just sanded the bases so once dry and undercoated i'm sure i'll need to do a little sanding and filling to clean it up. But i'm quite happy with it.

I've got enough bits to make another, along with crew. The crew are the MK4 marines from Betrayal at Calth box and a shorter that the new DW plastics, but look okay, and they are spare.

• 3 weeks later...

After a little break for my summer holiday im back with an update. 

I've finished not one, but two Rapier Quad Heavy bolters and crew for my DW army. These additional 6 models have meant I didn't finish my the last six models of my original army, but they are next so panic not. At 76 points each they are a bargain and make a brigade detachment an option. Great firepower with 12 S5 -1 shots. They are made out of some leftover Taurox track units and Leman Russ Heavy bolters I had knocking around. 

Both together

HZkSuyq.jpg

Rapiers

ZDzS06M.jpg

79qoV4J.jpg

Crew

Dark angle

5M6GIs7.jpg

oMphlDg.jpg

Ultramarine

8GxMBkW.jpg

deW1ebc.jpg

Noamarine

B2PE6Ui.jpg

baK4W7f.jpg

Salamander  - 3rd Co

eYNm6mB.jpg

wjSVnz6.jpg

I hope you like them, i'm happy with them. I've got a test made of a Rapier quad launcher and am going to make a second with my remaining taurox bits. Not sure if i'll bother doing more crew. 

I've got a battle report to add up here for a game against tyranids. Stay tuned.

38/44 

Another update, the second half of the stormbolter kill team complete. Only the Watchmaster to go. He needs a little more attention so painting him on his own.

Kill team 1, combat squad 1

MXvZpq9.jpg

Fire angles watch sergeant

r2nRevp.jpg

ZdRO5lx.jpg

Crimson Fist veteran

B8cXuCN.jpg

DX39xiw.jpg

Blood angles veteran

EhAlxfd.jpg

LAIxt86.jpg

Aurora chapter veteran

7ypH5gW.jpg

Dark angle veteran

tYu5A00.jpg

OPNoKve.jpg

Hopefully finish the army this weekend. Well except the 5 intercessors, 3 aggressors, primaris captain and 2 quad luancher rapiers (conversions) I got in the tooth and claw box ;)

43/44 

Hot on the heels of last nights update, another! 

I've been watching the NOVA open on Twitch and using the time to make more models. This time I've finished off my two Quad launcher rapier conversions, similar to the quad HB rapiers i did, but using the rear, larger track units from the Taurox. I've also assembled the intercessors and Primaris captain from the Tooth and claw box. to add to my DW army. 

Quad launchers

5zWrcMT.jpg

klpOY76.jpg

Primaris Space wolf captain

wIvxbF1.jpg

nOIO9Hn.jpg

Converted to master crafted auto bolt rifle.

Intercessors

lNHj2sl.jpg

Sergeant with power sword, but a cheap unit at 104pts

Need some more black spray then I'll get them done. Hand undercoated the quad launchers, because I want them for a game Monday. 

A few days have elapsed and I have finished the watchmaster for Keepers Station. Watchmaster Kiromn. I'm quite happy with him, I spent longer on him than the RnF guys, but not that long. I nice model to paint. 

qAOJltI.jpg

YTYwdjZ.jpg

That is my initial army, plus two quad heavy bolter rapiers done, so i'm very happy. I've also finished the 2 quad launcher rapiers, I just need to base them on some 60mm's. I collecting them and some more black spray paint from GW today. I've got 6 intercessors, 3 aggressors and a primaris watch captain to do and thats a wrap. I've run out of DW shoulder pads!

I'll keep you up dated with the last few models i've got to do, but for me it's on to Genestealer cult!  

44/44

Pushing to get this wrapped up, here are the based quad mortars.

6rmKvjM.jpg

oKULp4t.jpg

mt1QAJy.jpg

UUopJ3v.jpg

A great amount of firepower for 170pts and a kit bash of bits!

The primaris stuff has all been drybrushed grey, metal applied and nuln oil washed. Just the detailing to do.

Nearly there with this now. After a busy weekend, I still managed to get my 6 man intercessor squad done and also a Primaris watchcaptain. These are all from the Tooth and Claw box, except one of the intercessors who is a Lieutenant from the core box that didn't have a helmet. I didn't use him as in my Raptor Primaris force, everyone has a helmet. 

I only used one of the moulded shoulder pads on these, doing either the free hand or transfers. 

Space wolf Primaris Watch Captain Thron, from Harald Deathwolf's company

jjmjmV5.jpg

zBuSYok.jpg

Kill team 4 

MTvFPxR.jpg

Watch sergeant LeHaine of  the Revilers

QeDFuEa.jpg

VebYDHY.jpg

Sons of Orar

QtFUTZi.jpg

viLCxkH.jpg

Mantis Warriors

JZwtkht.jpg

4vDJMZV.jpg

Eagles Cry

vX09WHf.jpg

ZXnXbDr.jpg

Storm Reapers

TDhIqLc.jpg

9jXe6jp.jpg

Blood Angle

qmqkiuo.jpg

yV97Xci.jpg

Hope you like them, I really enjoyed painting them. They look great IRL. Just the Aggressors to go

Archived