New Deathwatch army project- Watcher Keep, Qunitus Company

Reviler

• 4 weeks later...

During the down time i've done a few terminators for my kill teams, to toughen them up a bit and, mostly, beacuse i found 10 tartaros FW terminators in the bottom of a box. I just did three cheap ones with power weapons for tanking small arms and moral bonus. 

aY83X6m.jpg

Dark Angel - i put the chapter symbol on his shoulders as his shoulder pad was studded.

Wkpqcmr.jpg

E1V6WA9.jpg

Imperial fist

1JFSX6s.jpg

VzBSThb.jpg

White scar

DLnloEO.jpg

I've just got the aggressors and some gunners to do now. Though i might also do a couple of vanguard vets with two chainswords to slot into the kill teams and let them fall back and shoot. 

• 3 months later...

With the changes to CA18, and the start collecting box going up, I’ve decided to make a few modifications to my veterans. I bought another start collecting box giving me another 11 veterans. I also bought a load of storm bolter.

I’m going to doubles tournament at the end of February, 1000pts each. This is my variation of the latest top table style DW contingents. It’s also changed a little with the bolter beta rules.

Watch master

Captain with Jp MC bolter and relic blade

Vets 5 SB and SS, 2 frag cannon, 2 terminators and vanguard two bp

2 units of Vets blackshield terminator vanguard 2 hand flamers 3 SS power axe and sword on blackshield and sergeant all SB.

2 x 3 bikers with SB and SS on sergeant

The bikers are an addition after bolter drill changes. Shooting 16 shots 30” -1ap after moving 14” with a 3++ save T5 and 2W is good. You really can keep them at range and hoze units down still. Then close to 18” for 16 x -2 ap.

I’ve chopped around some of the models above and added the 11 in. Pics to follow later.

Two weeks to go till the tournament and another 5 brothers of the long vigil done. All with storm bolters and storm shields

Wolf brother

ae5HtzK.jpg

BxNBYKd.jpg

Executioner

lim8xqC.jpg

F7QHebA.jpg

Hawk lord

ic4K0M9.jpg

sn7Ra6X.jpg

Death Spectre

jMbI0y0.jpg

dLqVsze.jpg

Minotaur

5yUmEkR.jpg

O7vFvIw.jpg

I've also upgraded my two biker sergeants to have storm bolters and storm shields. I mounted the shield on the bike and the storm bolter as part of the bike rather than being held. 

dx56q8O.jpg

Hope you like them. I have three guys left to paint. A captain with JP, a vanguard with 2 hand flamers and a vet with frag cannon.

And, if I have time, a display board.

Thanks Bjorn. I enjoy painting Deathwatch. A great blend of bulk black and silver painting and then some areas to input colour and detail to. 

I have finished off this lastest upgrade for them. Two more veterans and a new, cheap, watch captain. For the captain i have gone with the relic blade and MC bolter combo. He can still kill heavy infantry and chaff easily at S6 and -3 save, the D3 damage does give him options and he hits on 2's with a re-roll. He's a simple conversion of Artemis from the start collecting box.

hzTOvII.jpg

OgG3CQD.jpg

a5lPVqN.jpg

I used a transfer on the inside of cloak to give it some detail easily. 

The last two, a Crimson fist frag cannon and a Blood Angle vanguard with two hand flamers,

N0gVgLW.jpg

8udvhSp.jpg

1e6BQCV.jpg

B7H7Gzp.jpg

lb8cH9r.jpg

Lets hope they do alright at the tournament. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Bjorn,  your kind comments mean a lot. 

This is the display board I have made for my half of a doubles tournament coming up this weekend. I've posted the list in this thread somewhere. My partner is taking Ad Mech.

2XEbqqY.jpg

the finished board, I had to cut back on the bits on it after putting my army on the top level and the need to fit the ad mech on it. He's got two battalions for his 1000pts.

kwR4NN8.jpg

Archived