Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Caecus Crusade

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Marshal Vespasian

Marshal Vespasian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 182 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
I didn't get much done last week, but I got a bottle of averland sunset and tried out hazard striping.
Yes I like it.

Spoiler

Edited by Marshal Vespasian, 15 October 2018 - 04:49 AM.

But viciousness and glory were no longer enough. Killing enemies in battle was no longer enough. I wanted to fight the Eternal Crusade. I wanted to win the war.

- Reclusiarch Grimaldus

ijLM8FY.jpg

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,525 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Your Templar looks great, but the striped bolter looks like an Iron Warriors traitor's weapon, and may make your Templar a victim of misidentification and "friendly fire."

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

Marshal Vespasian

Marshal Vespasian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 182 posts
Im trying it out from the third edition Cover

Have to compare it to yellow only. Might do stripes on special weapons only
Im trying it out from the third edition Cover

Have to compare it to yellow only. Might do stripes on special weapons only

But viciousness and glory were no longer enough. Killing enemies in battle was no longer enough. I wanted to fight the Eternal Crusade. I wanted to win the war.

- Reclusiarch Grimaldus

ijLM8FY.jpg

Brother Cristopher

Brother Cristopher

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,756 posts

I'm happy that your experiment worked out for for you. The stripes run parallel and that's are even, which isn't something easy to achieve. If I may, I'd say that painting the hazard stripes only on the boltgun receiver/frame and leaving the fore-end/grip bare would produce an even more dramatic and cool-looking effect.

Marshal Vespasian

Marshal Vespasian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 182 posts

So with my last Knightfall vow completed I am now able to field 1k of Black Templars.

Putting them all up for a group picture was a really nice experience for me. I put up the first squad I painted after getting back into the hobby after 8 years next to my Marshal I finished half an hour ago and I saw progress that I am pleased with in the last few weeks and month.

I may go back and do some squads anew. I may go and repaint all my guns yellow or red. We will see. But for now I can field 1000 points of black armoured zeal and I am happy with how they came out.

Spoiler

• Honda, Marshal Mattias and The Spanish Inquisitor like this

- Reclusiarch Grimaldus

ijLM8FY.jpg

Honda

Honda

++ HOSTICUS PLAUSTRUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,353 posts

Very nice looking crusade and I know that satisfied feeling you speak of. I remember my first 1000 pts, everything looked so grand.

I put up the first squad I painted after getting back into the hobby after 8 years next to my Marshal I finished half an hour ago and I saw progress that I am pleased with in the last few weeks and month.

This is one of the great benefits of our hobby, the chance to improve our skills and see the difference. I've known people who have come to the BnC, not knowing what end of the paint brush to hold and after a couple years of continuous painting, getting feedback, and pushing themselves, able to compete and even win painting contests.

So keep at it. The changes tend to be subtle and evolving, but tangible.

I still have the first model I ever painted for 40K. It's quite humbling. :)

• Marshal Vespasian and Marshal Mattias like this

gallery_15184_7227_34669.jpg

"All those rumors about us being intolerant and stubborn really just evolved from our history. We're actually just a fun bunch of guys who enjoy burning witches" - Anon

Marshal Mattias

Marshal Mattias

++ PROCURATOR CONVIVALIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,388 posts
  • Faction: Renascibilitas Crusade

That's a great looking force, Marshal yes.gif

Particularly enviable because it is entirely playable! Too often we get lured by the siren song of Leviathan Dreadnoughts or Land Raider Spearheads, and never get around to painting up our rank-and-file. I have found myself fielding 2000 point lists with more vehicles than Crusaders in it, simply because I wanted to use a fully-painted force. Funny, sure, but often impractical. 

The Emperor smiles on you diligent attention to detail, Marshal ;)

• Honda likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users