The Caecus Crusade

I might have made a mistake. After playing the game I started to paint the base rims of oder models Black and their weapons yellow. While doing that of course I improved upon their edge Highlights and matt varnished them. Its not THAT time consuming, but it will keep me busy for a while.

Got completely knackered by death guard in a 2k point game.

I just didnt have any way to get through 30 poxwalkers which then gell back and left me to the mercy of drones with 2 plaguespitters each. Plus buffed poxwalkers arent slouches in melee either.

My emperors Champion would have killed the daemon prince with honour the chapter if He hadnt used a reroll for his disgustingly resilient and thrown a six. So yeah kinda frustrating. But I am not entirely sure what I could have done better. maybe some assault cannons would have been good, but then the Problem wasnt getting wounds on models it was the 5++

I can only imagine how that felt. On paper, Death Guard and the theoretically laughable Poxwalkers appear to be one of the most terrifying things out there (haha, my knowledge of the game is laughable too since I suppose that there are bigger threats in the game). DG units seem relatively cheap but extremely durable thanks to that 5++ save. I'd gladly pay a couple of point per marine to get half of that resilience and from my analyses, Codex: Space Marines (without Primaris) doesn't offer too much to help with mowing DG down.

Jeah I am still thinking about how I could Deal with that.

Sure my Leviathan could have helped. But even with 20 shots, of which statisticly some 10 or so should have hit, would result in some 7 or 8 wounds of which he would have saved two times a third. Which is kind of frustrating. Also because of the Mission I had to "storm the castle".

Well maybe the primaris Dread could have helped because it pumps out a ton of shots.

But jeah my Main Problem this game Was the daemon save followed by disgustingly resilient. I dont really have an answer to that except for weight of dice which pur codex doesnt really offer.

Agressors maybe. Maybe vets on Bikes. That also doesnt answer how I would get rid of bloat drones and blight haulers.

Edited by Marshal Vespasian

• 1 month later...

Wow I Havent painted a knight of Dorn in almost two month!

These guys were 3 or 4 weeks in the making, Findling an apartment in a New City takes Time.

Anyways, photo is bad quality, but I built a Marshal law and another crusader squad with bolters:

tev22le.jpg

Wow I Havent painted a knight of Dorn in almost two month!

These guys were 3 or 4 weeks in the making, Findling an apartment in a New City takes Time.

Anyways, photo is bad quality, but I built a Marshal law and another crusader squad with bolters:tev22le.jpg

Looks great! From where are that jump pack? Heresy models? I'm looking for some of those

Thats maxmini.eu a third Party company in the uk. They also do cloaks but I find them to be misshapen. Or at least they dont fit well unter Power Packs.

I will Post better pictures after battle damage and some Pigments. But that will take time, as I am currently on vacation as of today

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, I sponged on some battle damage, painted some bullet holes and added some pigments. Most of which cant be seen on these picture, but here you go anyway.

90eR7TT.jpg

Also Marshal Vespasian armed with the teeth or terra, He did some good killing this weekend:

L7PX0rd.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Wow my painting has slowed all the way down.

Then again I am currently in supplement limbo and unsure, what to paint, till I know what our new rules will be.

Something I wanted to paint and want for a theoretical future list was a squad of Intercessors with assault boltrifles. I mean I also just had some Assault Boltrifles lying around and wanted to use the kromlech "prime" bodies. I tried my hand at some bullet holes on their shoulders again and I feel like I am getting better at it.

Also I needed a new castelland to accompany my Crusaders squads since the teeth of Terra went on to grace my Marshals hand. Since I already have one with lightning claws (kind of useless considering he gives reroll 1s to wound to everyone around him), a fist (jeah its cool) and a thunderhammer (pricey), I wanted one with a power sword, that I could play as the teeth of terra if need be.

Still unsure about the pigments on their feet. Tried it with putting on pigment binder and then the pigments this time. Might do them dry and then airbrush binder on next time.

Without further ado:

Castellan Georg

ABWAg9d.jpg

Squad Friedrich

svcJaDo.jpg

With the Crusades arrival in the caleda sector, Marshal Vespasian had been informed by his cousins of the hounds of Caleda about how to create primaris marines.

A small force of Indominatus Veterans had arrived previously sent from the High Marshall himself.

After considering the opinions of the sword brethren and the chaplaincy, the Marshal decreed that one third of new recruits were to be made into Primaris Marines and the few and precious Veterans were to lead newly formed squads. There would not be Primaris only Formations, it was the explicit order of Crusade Command that Firstborn marines and Primaris marines were to fight side by side to engender Brotherhood and learning on both sides. The increased speed of induction for the primaris brothers would compensate for the lower number of recruits, while also not stunting the Influx of Firstborn marines.

Thanks for the compliment. I'd like to think my painting has improved a bit from the first few models to now.

I am incredibly happy with how the mk III helmets look with our whole knightly aesthetic. And Kromlech habe improved upon gws primaris Design in a way you could only wosh for mainline gw to Replicate with those sculpts.

• 4 weeks later...

So I had a game tonight, our 4 Player Match turned to a three Player Match because one guy Was a no Show.

2 x 2k points space marines vs a 4k infantry list of orcs. Upwards of 400 of the filthy xenos bit the dust.

The most beautiful scenes were marshal Vespasian cutting up to waaghbosses in one turn, when honoring the chapter, him earning the title of Master swords an thrice over by causing 15 wounds with 9 attacks and lastly 4 crusade officers slaying 32 xenos between them with grimaldus aura. Also grimaldus survivng a charge by 30 boyz and 4 survivng bossnobz with 1w, binding them in combat and thus enabking charges from company Veterans arriving by drop pod, a castellan, a Chaplain and the emperors Champion. Then him killing the last orc.

A smashing 12 - 3 Victory for the imperium. Terra invictus!

Also some lowpoints: Gretchins killing a squad of company Veterans in one turn of shooting. 2 bossnobz soaking up rapidfire shooting from some 6 terminators, 6 sternguard and 6 tacticals. Only for the 6 sternguard to be killed by smite.

• 1 month later...

Some AMCIENT wargear. A veteran Machine of the scouring, now inhabited by the venerable brother Hagen, joins:

ifSjjSB.jpg

9At4vKw.jpg

Out of Universe I want two contemptors for my fists and will be using them for my templars as well. I wanted to do do some different bases for 30k. So I went with checkerboard tiles that fit with the urban look of my 40k army.

Also a collection buyout happened at my Club. This netted me Some metal scouts, another swordbrethren metal Box, some normal Marines, a Chaplain on bike, another Chaplain on foot, a metal apothecary (might use him for 30k), a metal ancient, a metal techmarine, metal Helbrecht, two metal attack Bikes with multimeltas (again might turn them into fists) and last but most certainly not least the limited Edition metal emperors champion.

So I have some New, non urgent, templar stuff to Paint next to planning to get 4k heresy going in 2020