Winter's [Undefined] Chapter Project

It's been awhile since I last did anything 40k, between Uni, Jury duty, life and a little hobby fatigue I haven't had time to do anything Warhammer related even as one gorgeous mini after another was released! Well I'm hoping to change this by working on a homebrew chapter and getting some positive vibes from this glorious community that I've had the honour of being a part of, so without further a do here is what I have:

uvhJl89.jpg
i-d8BJbdx-X2.jpg
i-F78cdsT-X2.jpg
i-hGdMFnM-X2.jpg
i-Tk7JgWk-X2.jpg

As you can see all I've done is the colour scheme and I haven't even really touched on lore (besides what is in my Word file) and am only now just getting towards adding some nerves and arteries to bring the chapter really to life. The project is a really early WIP and has barely even made a babystep but I'm hoping that with the support of you guys here and some words of wisdom and the occasional post when I get the time, it will become something great. The Chapter Organization Chart is a very early WIP but something I will do on my spare time and once I figure out a name and heraldry I can start painting some marines but as it stands this is all I have. Yes, I am more than aware that these marines will be a real b**** to paint but considering I don't play and this is for fun i consider this a labour of love that I will help me improve my abilities as a painter and story teller.

C&C is welcome and thanks for stopping by!

This has me very intrigued. I really like the colour scheme you have and they you have worked the variants is really skilful. Means the units will be unique but still retain a uniform appearance.

This has me very intrigued. I really like the colour scheme you have and they you have worked the variants is really skilful. Means the units will be unique but still retain a uniform appearance.

Thank you :D I admit I cannot take full credit as I had a friend give me critiques on the early colour choices and provided input so that I could reach the end design choice, I'm quite happy now with how it all has turned out and as you said it will provide a unique look when placed all together. I was careful to keep all colours from the Tactical marine in all variants, this way nothing looks out of place and they all seem cohesive, I was going to add other colours at first but it just felt wrong. Anyways much appreciated especially from someone who I followed for the longest time, your thread is filled with exceptional work!

I've made some more headway and finished a scheme for an Honoured (aka Lieutenant) and finished a Cohort (aka Company) tier to the Chapter, things are shaping up and tomorrow I'll tackle the squad and then maybe some auxiliary. Then the hardest part is having the mull over what the Chapter's name and heraldry is, but one step at a time. Enjoy!

i-63nBq4B-X2.jpg

i-TCq8W3L-X2.jpg

C&C is welcome and thanks for stopping by! :)

Archived