Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Cult for AoP

Armies on parade Genestealer cult Mentor Legion

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,247 posts
I will be entering my Mentor Legion in this year’s Armies On Parade.
When I entered my Slaanesh marines in 2016 and 2017 I put them in a diorama, facing Biel Tan Eldar, fighting for a maiden world. Similarly I’ll be putting my Mentors in a diorama fighting...
A Genestealer cult.
Two classic 2nd edition armies.

Now, I didn’t do a lot of Eldar models in the last AoP as I don’t actually want an army of them, and the same applies to GSC. Just enough for there to be some OpFor in the diorama.

I have some purestrains done from another diorama, which I’ll be reusing, including one getting its head blown apart:
med_gallery_63428_8145_1478213.png

And am now working on a pack of GSC. Overalls and boots will be beige as it should show up the Mars powder nicely. For reference, some of my Mentors:
med_gallery_63428_11269_446059.jpeg
med_gallery_63428_11269_843374.jpeg

I plan to do the ribbed bits of their clothing as dark, dirty metal. Add some hazard stripes for colour on plates here and there. For loincloths I’m thinking red - while it is a colour on the Mentors too, the diorama is supposed to be on a Mechanicus world so I think the red will tie them to it.

I’ll post more details and some photos in good time.
  • Akrim likes this

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,247 posts
Just WIPs:
med_gallery_63428_14161_303954.jpeg
med_gallery_63428_14161_76011.jpeg
med_gallery_63428_14161_203593.jpeg

The last one is modelling being shot and toppling backwards. Hand blow off and a shot to the gut. Blood spray made from superglue applied to a hair. It beads naturally.
  • Colonel Cross likes this

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,247 posts
Not much to look at but Leadbelcher is done on all, and shaded with Nuln oil. Next I’ll be drybrushing the metal with Necron Compound and doing brown leather (straps, holsters, pouches, etc.). Then Agrax Earthshade over everything done so far.
med_gallery_63428_14161_740099.jpeg

Then getting on to hazard stripes, lenses, flesh and getting some more colours into the palette.
  • Colonel Cross likes this

Akrim

Akrim

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,069 posts
Good start here Kierdale, keep er going
  • Kierdale likes this

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,247 posts
Work is slow but steady :)
med_gallery_63428_14161_147083.jpeg
Coveralls done
Leather done
‘Steel’ done
Copper areas to be highlighted
...then everything gets Agrax Earthshade.

Aaaaaand I’ve decided to put off entering my Mentors vs. GSC until AoP2019 as I want to add more units to the GSC-side. As it’s a mine-diorama I’d be making a mistake if there wasn’t a Goliath Rockgrinder in there, for one. :tu:

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,247 posts
“Well, guys, that’s the Agrax done.”
med_gallery_63428_14161_499062.jpeg

Before/after
med_gallery_63428_14161_512763.jpeg

Colonel Cross

Colonel Cross

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 114 posts

That's quite the stark change with agrax! They look close to finished with that! 

• Kierdale likes this

7k worth of guard 

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,247 posts
It certainly sped up the process :D and makes them look sufficiently dirty into to the bargain :tu: It should be easy enough to replicate if I expand to a second squad or more, too.

I’m looking forward to the next steps, which will add some colour to them.

ThatOneMarshal

ThatOneMarshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,132 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars and Night lords
These look pretty awesome! I’m excited to see the completed army.

Terran_zps971683eb.pngETL_2014_Banner_V2_03A_Custos_Fidei.jpg  ETL_2016_Banner_01_Oath_of_Moment.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Armies on parade, Genestealer cult, Mentor Legion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users