Heresy First Legion

So I have been a way a while. New job, gaming with the last legion, few other small projects in between.

I have thrown myself at the first legion with the aim in mind of having a gaming army that can be played as both traitor and loyalist at events. As well as push me with exploring black armour and some freehand elements as well.

With regards to the army itself. I’ll be using mainly MKIV as it’s an adthetic I prefer though other marks will be turning up too.

As for the project it’s self. I kicked it off with a Calth box along with a few Dark Angels boxes and finally a box of Custodes jet bikes that will provide an interesting challenge to work on.

Here is a little taste of the veterans of the 1st. Volkite will be added.

Stray

DC92_D69_D_F718_4026_828_C_669_ED801_E67

How easily do the plastic Cataphractii and Deathwing Knights kits go together? Is there much cutting involved? I've had the idea floating around a while, but have heard conflicting things.

These are looking lovely in any case. :)

Good evening all,

Thanks for the feedback and positive comments. Gabriel Santar I had no issues with marrying the two kits as I used the torso extension in the Catti legs to add a bit more bulk. Some green stuff work will be needed to make that less obvious.

I managed to get a fairly solid hobby stint in today and some things have progressed along nicely.

I am looking forward to starting the sculpting on the twin handed blade on the preator and fleshing out some more of the power armour. The terminators are just waiting on their Volkite to be delivered now so getting the bases squared away will be a priority.

Hope you all enjoy.

Stray.

2_A1_D8_D8_E_0_A1_B_4_AC4_AFE0_910823_D3

B21_B2_AEC_41_CD_470_B_8334_1_E4_D31_BEA

487_A961_F_2347_4_F30_AE84_1_C29_E187_C2

D01_D8_D90_A55_D_4_C3_C_A829_FA52914743_

Thanks pearson73 was one hell of a chop. I’m looking forward getting the sculpting started. The more I look at that mini the more I’m questioning the robed head. I’m sure there are better face options out there for it. I am just second guessing myself quite a bit on it.

Thanks Markus getting the legionaries to have a bit of character is going to be a good challenge given the quite uniform nature of the kits.

Next update will be some pics, I’m hacking up a Custodes jet bike at the moment for a plasma bike trial. Fingers crossed it works out well.

Stray.

Looks great, loving the two character guys. Can’t help but feel (on the two handed guy in particular) however that the terminators heads are set a little low and the arms could do with being moved down just a little to get more desirable proportions. That or boosting the necks a little to achieve the same effect. Really looking forward to seeing where this thread goes!

@ Andromonoid thanks man. It’s the little changes that often take the most work. Glad your enjoying them.

& k0nahrik yeah I have been toying with that head a lot. I tried adding a catti neck guard that that was was to large. I’m thinking raising the head slightly and putting a small gorget in place unlike the huge one on the mini original should help with that. I’ll throw something up when I have something a bit more concrete for some feed back.

@ hushrong thanks man I still lots of little bits to add and do but I like to get a chunk done before I get to GS so I can be time efficient with the stuff.

So with that all said. I did manage to get a little done yesterday. Lots of bits to be tweaked on this and a hammer is going on because I prefer them and I’ll take the bot getting my swordsman bonus over a cool mini any day. The plasma plans I have for this could come around to haunt me but I didn’t quite feel up to tackling that yesterday. So with out further a do.

ZOOM!

3_FFE531_E_583_E_44_DC_8898_67552_B75_FB

2_B6_A5_FC4_3675_41_B0_8353_3_DDC0379364

Stray

@ Andromonoid thanks man. It’s the little changes that often take the most work. Glad your enjoying them.

& k0nahrik yeah I have been toying with that head a lot. I tried adding a catti neck guard that that was was to large. I’m thinking raising the head slightly and putting a small gorget in place unlike the huge one on the mini original should help with that. I’ll throw something up when I have something a bit more concrete for some feed back.

@ hushrong thanks man I still lots of little bits to add and do but I like to get a chunk done before I get to GS so I can be time efficient with the stuff.

So with that all said. I did manage to get a little done yesterday. Lots of bits to be tweaked on this and a hammer is going on because I prefer them and I’ll take the bot getting my swordsman bonus over a cool mini any day. The plasma plans I have for this could come around to haunt me but I didn’t quite feel up to tackling that yesterday. So with out further a do.

ZOOM!

3_FFE531_E_583_E_44_DC_8898_67552_B75_FB

2_B6_A5_FC4_3675_41_B0_8353_3_DDC0379364

Stray

O M G. INCREDIBLE. Can you please share a tutorial on how to make the marine?

Oh man. Even the jet bike is a beauty!

I may be copying one of your terminators to make a fallen DA for my Black Legion:whistling:

In honesty your converted terminators make me want an army of them.

Evening all.

@Chaplain Dosjetka thanks man. I’m really enjoying working on them. Always nice when a brain wave pays off. More to follow.

@hushrong. Thanks man please steal away. No point putting your work up if others can’t pilfer and make their own.

@FearPeteSodes thanks man. I will put up a tutorial when I get some time to cut things up by my light box. I am hoping take end of next week at the latest.

@Gang Xu thanks I’m building a lot of 32mm bases to start adding the meat to the army at the moment.

With all that out of the way. I haven’t had much time and you’ll have to forgive me for the lack of light box pics. I try and get my command structure built up quite quickly when I start a project. Sets the tone for me with how the rest of the army will shape up. With that I set my sights to cypher. Like any good inner circle member would. Prepped my blades and managed to pin the little bugger down long enough for this to take place. Heavily WIP things are only tacked in place currently.

979_C77_E3_142_C_4957_989_D_497_FACB6_AC

Will be a company champion.

Stray.

Small update. More to follow but looking at pinned marines who have had their legs cut up isn’t to interesting. First squad should be in an almost presentable state shortly. Managed to get a bit more work on the champion done. Most of it was just getting the base built and touching up some of the shaving. Still a little sculpting to do. I think he will be the first of the legion to get a lick of paint.

With out further ado

1_BCDCF8_F_997_F_4_FAF_971_E_5_D189_E82_

Stray

Grieux I have 9 more to make. I will definitely share how to chop and shave the relevant parts. It’s a surprisingly easy little project once you know what your doing. I think building these will take less time than reposing marines.

Stray

So excited for that tutorial! Been looking at something like that for my BA for forever!

Archived