Heresy First Legion

Good evening all I’m glad your enjoying the updates slow as they might be as they may be. Iv got things prepped for the jet bike chasis for you all. Just need to get the appropriate lighting and time to knock it out as I finish the squad.

Little update on the army. I’m not running pride though terminators and the soon to follow vets pics would suggest other wise. The claws on the terminators are very simple. Just Tartarus claws on cataphractti fists. Little bit of sculpting on the Sargent and making one of the bolter arms into mkIV.

I am currently planning on finding some ways to get some roses worked into the heraldry of the legion higher ups. Those who have read some of the newer 40k literature on the Dark Angels will enjoy that nod.

Hope all enjoy.

71_D90_D52_121_B_45_D8_9_AD6_2_F7_EDDF42

368_D4_E87_6_C06_4_B80_9135_84_DC0_E4_C4

Stray

Good to know! Are you looking at making your own roses or using existing bits? I know the Empire Wizard from WHFB had a scythe bit with a few. Some of the new ghosts for AoS have flowers too like the dreadscythes and Olynder.

Good evening guys.

Thanks for the heavy bolter feed back. The rest of the vets are “finished” bar a small exhaust swap on 2 back backs.

I did manage to get 2 hours chopping time in. Still struggling to get some solid hobby block time to hit the green stuff.

One command squad ready to go.

A6_ABD3_A4_5_BF3_49_D8_A509_432918293052

D1_B21724_99_E5_4331_A76_F_78_C20_EE0_CD

98510199_FC8_E_42_CC_BD99_B9_F435597778.

A53_BBDA5_D704_4_EDC_A26_F_4954_E0186_B8

8525_DBA1_BE78_4_E14_B02_F_9_B285_A4_C7_

I will say mkiii is not an easy armour to repose with out creating a mountain of work for yourself.

Stray

Looking good and I do agree your DA give off a very knightly feel. The use of the SOS swords is also great! I honestly think they have some of the more appopriate looking swords in the 30k/40k range for the imperium.

Only critiques is I see some mold lines that need to go on some of the mk3 helms and the standard bearers powering.

Reyner yeah it’s off the chaplain. He’s Still very much in a bits planning stage. White roses were a consideration. Given it’s a detail to be done by hand I will probably tackle that on a marine by marine bases. So that it can compliment any other details that may be on each piece.

Stray

Every time I sit down and take a picture of something I worked on I always notice stuff I missed when I look over the pic. Every. Darn. Time.

Looking forward to some paint and how you will do black. I also need to go pick up this Azrael book.

So bits planning went out the window faster than Magnus went through the seals that protected holy Terra. It’s rough and probably gives off a bit too much 40k to be to everyone’s tastes. I present the cobbled together Chaplain.

In other news the vets who need no green stuff work done on them have had their armour primed so they may soon be deployed into the great crusade.

Very WIP

CFEAA6_DB_4047_4138_B02_D_01_F655678_D13

Stray

Nice start on the Chaplain, as you say, he does still look rather 'modern' for 30k, I really like the torso plate.

Boo White Roses are the best roses :teehee: 

Quoted for truth.

Small update for you all. I have started chipping away at the paint on the vets. Must say it’s been a rewarding process this far. Getting some extra tones into a muted armour. Will definitely be affecting the free handing and test of the pallet more than I thought it would. Adapt and over come.

5_F446603_EA93_420_C_A51_E_9_B5_CD386043

Stray

Good evening all!

Hobby time has been a bit spartan. Grabbing time as and when I can.

Most of my focus has been trying to get the veteran test squad worked out. This has allowed me to play with some ideas that will transfer out to the rest of the army. Cheque freehand was a fun experience it’s sometbing I wouldn’t normally do. The reds are pulling the armour together nicely and bringing out the greens a bit more. Other things and I apologise for the pic is the marble symbols. This wasn’t done because they are vets but instead as a way to tie the infantry into armour that’s started to be constructed. I have attached a tease of what’s going into the first of the mighty battle tanks.

I will openly admit getting side tracked and knocking together a mkvi seeker as a test piece. Was lacking shoulder pads with symbols at the time so please use your imaginations to fill in that blank.

7_BA74_C22_5538_40_F0_ABAB_CE812_E6_A2_D

D2_E7_EE80_DBDB_4248_8473_9_CF9_D1933342

BAC8_E574_F1_FE_4_E80_B5_C3_430_F005_FC5

B88160_B2_F062_4_BDF_8_A9_B_DE34_F3129_A

643_C0_A41_1_A04_4_EDE_907_C_5_C29867_CD

Stray

Archived