Heresy First Legion

@Pearson73 thanks man I was amazed at the effect the dove cloak had on that angel. Possibly one of my favourite bits of work to date.

@PowerHungryMknkey thanks man I really appreciate the feed back. It’s never to late to pick up an old project with fresh ideas. That sword captain is progressing but nothing dramatic has really taken place.

I did however start something that has been worrying me given the progress on the command squad. That banner. I have got the basics down and a lot of refinement still needs to take place. I am still debating how and where the rose will get worked in.

66_FB1_EE3_D205_4_DB0_8_ECA_8_C986_B87_D

Stray.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all. I was a bit lapse in grabbing pics as the forum was down. Hope you all are keeping well. So the work on the Angels continues. I have now finished the terminators, deredo and command squad. Well I say finished command squad the banners still getting some bits done but it’s table top ready. While things have been down I have finished converting the jet bikes they became quite a quick conversion after the first one got it all figured out. A contemptor has been started. This has been an ambitious little project. I wanted to add a bit more bulk to it and mimic the profile of the terminators. Still needs needs work with regards to gap filling and the likes. To finish off Armies on Parade was a thing I wanted to do. A day with rattle cans and a few brushes had a pretty nice city scape for me to display on. Definitely some touch ups required. I feel I have rambled enough. With out further a doo some pics.

A41-E7-D16-6-EA1-4-B88-ACCE-EC89-F66-F4-

63-A83-D6-B-8-AD7-402-F-991-D-1-F1668152

D1-FD41-B8-872-E-4-BCB-B36-E-22-F7732184

C3181445-8545-42-FE-AFC5-C953-CACF493-C.

D392-B1-EE-A6-C3-400-A-ADFA-7-E8-AAAEB38

1728-CE17-1-E76-4-D1-F-98-A2-5-A43-B9-A2

93-D04-EC5-7-FF7-4-C96-90-BA-DAE8895-C4-

67-A12-C19-17-BD-465-A-8-FB7-E4-D85-AFE0

Stray

Great updates! The paint job and the freehand on the banner is fantastic! That contemptor is also looking beefy!

I am interested in seeing what you do for the cannon on its left arm. The ammo belt and everything looks like a deredeo one, right?

Hurshrong yeah that contemptor was really good fun the cannon will be twin linked heavy bolters. The little drum mags always bothered me. Never looked like enough rounds for a prolonged engagement. You are correct it’s a deredo ammo feed. As with all things it wasn’t a straight fit but definitely not too much work to make space for Just shrinking the power plant. Thanks for the comments on the freehand. I very rarely do something like that. I’m happy with where it’s gotten too.

Stray

Looks stellar Stray... Only thing I would say is maybe rejoin the swords on the Deathwing parts?

The broken sword is meant to represent the Lion Sword and the betrayal on Caliban post heresy...... Unless you plan it t mean something else, like they are Imperium Secundus veterans and the broken sword represents the Lions sword which was broke by Guillemann

I was planning on having the swords represent the reforming of the order into the legions. Those who made it in had to give up their blades to be made a new. So all the swords in the army are the knights blades that have been forged a new. Thus they are caliban war blades with new imperial tech applied. Was a little thing that I did consider fixing but it’s a nice bit of fluff for all my squad leaders.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived