Sume's Slaanesh Demons

Sume

I thought I share the list I brought today to a local tournament.  I went 2 - 1.  I think I could have won the third game if I had played the objectives better.  I think at that point I was to demoralized by a weird chaos soup of Deathguard, Alpha legion and Thousand Sons.  I dont think I took the most optimized list but I play pretty causal in 40k.  So I was pretty thrilled with how things went.  I also won the best painted award for the tournament.  That always makes me feel good. 

It takes me a long time to paint models even if they are pretty simple like the demonettes.  I think I do need to add renegade guard, or maybe the smaller Chaos knights to help with the tanks.  

I will add more pictures of the rest of the stuff as I get it painted up for a larger group shot to.  I do like how the display board turned out.  I had a rhino that didn't make the salvage of being actually functional after stripping the paint off it for my Sisters of Battle redo.  So I finished breaking it up and going to use more of it as terrain.  This was my first go at using the pink foam stuff.  6 bottles of crackle paint later was enough to cover this 2' x 2' board.  I also used sand I picked up from the Oregon coast last year. 

DSC00056

DSC00061

DSC00060

DSC00059

Thank you WarriorFish.  I took some more pictures of the keeper from Forgeworld.  I had lost some of the spikes and some of her nails during a move and stripping effort.  So I used some plastic bits from one of the demonette kits.  Then I had to replace her tongue, as I simply forget to put the drain plug in the sink when I was stripping.  So that is actually the seeker musician bit as a tongue, that I trimmed down to fit in.  I also found some beads that where about the right size at a craft store.  I can take some pictures of the two princes also.  I might have taken more of them not sure.  I am still learning how to take pictures.  Borrowed a digital camera that I may end up buying off a friend.

Once I finish painting all the demons I plan to dig into the guardsmen I got to be converted renegade Tallarans.  I am still trying to figure out a appropriate camo scheme for them to fit the basing I picked.  I do think the bases turned out great.  I have to admit I used to hate making bases tell I found distress crackle paint.  Since then I think I am finishing off the 12th bottle now.  

DSC00063

DSC00064

DSC00065

Yeap that was the plan.  I am thinking a base of Zandari Dust, with Agrax Earth shade.  Then highlighted with Karak Stone, and then Ushabti Bone.  Then things boots and extras use Baneblade brown and highlight same way.  Will do a few tests first though.

I think GW might PG this model up.  I mean look through the demon codex and its in the artwork and they dont show case the squid minator tiny keeper.  When I think Greater Demon I think the size of the current plastic ones or this one for a Keeper.  I'll get some pictures of the princes up soon to.

The old model is... not great so I can understand why they might not want to show it :P Especially if we're getting a new one soon. We shall see, as always :)

Colours sound good to me, so will be good to see that come together. As for the Daemonettes, any plans for additions or is this the final article?

I plan to get about 30 more demonettes.  Need 4 chariots total.  Then I am going to bit order enough steed parts to get 10 more seekers from the chariot kits.  So my plans is to get a 2nd start collecting Slaanesh.  Then get 2 chariots later.  I need to get one more for a causal team event at the end of August.  The list is pretty causal and I can expect to be pitted against armies that will be fun to play against.  Since I dont have huge anti tank I shouldn't expect to be fighting tank guard armies or knights.  Since my matches will be determined by the team captains.

I agree with the current Keeper.  Its pretty bad.  A lot of the guys at the store was thinking I was using Zarnakal.  I was nope its just a keeper.  I then showed a few of them what the real one looks like and the results was wow no wonder you didnt use it.  I was also when I think of a greater demon I think it needs to be bigger then a demon prince,

As far as the model count for the Slaanesh demons.  I will be looking to have 100 demonettes.  30 seekers, 3 hellflayers, 3 seeker chariots, 3 fiends of Slaanesh, 3 heralds on foot, 3 heralds on steeds, 3 heralds on Seeker Chariots, 3 princes, the masque, and the keeper.  That way I can pretty much field any configuration that I want.  I might get more seekers as I actually found them to be fun.  Even though I think they are over costed at 17.  

The list I was running on Saturday had 12.  They did good.  Helped tie up key units and take out screens turn 1.  The last game the guy soaked so much fire power into them that it allowed almost the rest of my forces 2 turns of free advances.  After the game I looked up rules and realized he was not doing things right.  I will let it slide as I dont think it was intentional.  

I had some issues with the pictures being a little blurry.  I will try again later.  Also looks like I didn't get a good picture of the Masque, the herald on the steed and one on foot.  I'll get them a different time.  This has been a blast to paint so far.  You can also see that I put the back legs on backwards.  I didnt realize it tell the glue was dry.  Which was by then to late.  I was wondering why I had so much gaps to fill in with the liquid green stuff.  I was oh well they look more natural to me anyways now.

DSC00090

DSC00088

DSC00087

I have not tried the fiends out yet.  I can see them being super helpful.  Stop all the falling back.  That was kinda annoying but I can see the uses for them.  I'll get some more pictures tomorrow after work.  I have practiced a lot over the years to get my painting to where it is.  Practice makes perfect I always say.  I do have to give a credit to the various tutorials I have found on this site and others.  I watched some of the GW advent calendar stuff before.  They actually had some neat ideas I never thought of before.  

having some issues with the camera at home for some reason.  Any how, here is 2 heralds I made from the extra body from the hellyflayers, the masque and one on a steed.  

DSC00096

DSC00095

The list that's in the first post.

Brigade detachment.

1x keeper with soulstealer sword

1x demon prince with wings, mark of excess

1x demon prince with wings

20x demonettes with musican

10x demonettes with musican

Brigade detachment

1x herald with forbidden gem

1x the masque

Outsider detachment

1x herald on seeker chariot

1x herald on steed

1x hellflayer

1x hellflayer

12x seekers with musican and banner

Forgot about one of tje demon princes. Edited it to reflect.

It was most of what I had painted. I am finishing up now the last parts needed for my August team event which is now a hellflayer and 2 seeker chariots

The list that's in the first post.

Brigade detachment.

1x keeper with soulstealer sword

1x demon prince with wings, mark of excess

1x demon prince with wings

Brigade detachment

1x herald with forbidden gem

1x the masque

Outsider detachment

1x herald on seeker chariot

1x herald on steed

1x hellflayer

1x hellflayer

12x seekers with musican and banner

Forgot about one of tje demon princes. Edited it to reflect.

It was most of what I had painted. I am finishing up now the last parts needed for my August team event which is now a hellflayer and 2 seeker chariots

Weird, I didn't see that in the first post. Oh well :) Thanks for sharing! It is an interesting list. 

I have personally found the Keeper to be very unreliable... I would rather take Zarak. 

I forgot to put it in.  I had pictures of the list.  So far the keeper has under performed.  Maybe I am not to aggressive or it has drawn to much fire power since there is nothing else that is scary enough to warrant killing first.  Going to keep using it for a bit.  Since I like the model.

• 3 weeks later...

For sure. I am liking this edition much better. I am having a blast. I did forget a demon prince in the picture. Think I will use the one with the bare chest. Think the keeper scared him off.

Thinking down the line to add in some tzeentch demons. That way I don't need to bring extra books.

I do need to see how my sister's do in this edition. Sadly haven't touched them since last summer.

The list I am bringing to this event was designed with some of the bonus points in mind. Which was one source and one detachment. So I didn't get anything from the index.

My match ups should be arranged for me by the team captains. I don't expect to be put against armies with knights and the primirachs.

Its a friendly event and causal. Which doesn't stop the ict people since they can earn points for it. I don't expect to be going against that caliber of player. Since I am more beer and pretzels. I still want a fluff competitive army.

Brigade.

HQ

Keeper of secrets with soulstealer

Demon prince with mark of excess

Hearld with forbidden gem

Hearld

Hearld

Elite

Fiend of slaanesh

Fiend of slaanesh

Fiend of slaanesh

Troop

20x Demonettes with musican

Fast attack

Hellflayer

Hellflayer

Hellflayer

8x seekers of slaanesh

Heavy support

Seeker chariot

Seeker chariot

Seeker chariot

I wanted to share some pictures from day 1. Someone took way better pictures then my amateur attempts. I am still working on how to use the digital camera.

So far after day one I went 0 - 2 - 1. I am not concerned or even expected to win much. I have the hardest list on my team. Since this event is about fun. There is actually no best generalship. Its all about having fun, share a beer, have some pretzels. Sadly to many other teams didnt get the memo to bring fluffy fun lists. Lists that you and your opponent will enjoy. The missions so far have been really modified and you only score based on that.

First mission that resulted in a tie was trying to catch some run away grots. To bad they where scared that the demonettes might eat them. That was a fun eldar player match. Next one was dark eldar in a land grab claim attempt. He manged to nearly table me in 2 turns. All I had left was 2 heralds, so he was able to dismantle my land grabbing. Last one was a relic modified mission. Since he was able to grab the control panel and have it do damage to the unit of genestealer cultists. He scored points where I had nearly dismantled the other half of his army.

I am learning a lot and think mono Slaanesh has potential as long as I am willing to be "that guy." That might work at my local game store where a good portion like to bring tough as nail ITC lists. I am not. I like to play a fun game where I dont have a headache when I go home. Like I do if I am playing a blue modern control deck in magic. I hope you all enjoy.

gallery_67770_13714_17767.jpg

gallery_67770_13714_70357.jpg

gallery_67770_13714_319169.jpg

gallery_67770_13714_77619.jpg

gallery_67770_13714_275915.jpg

The second day saw me a 3 knight and some death korg.  While i havent fought against both of these armies.  It was nice to learn about them.  The mission was a straight up kill points.  I knew it might come and I get thrown under the bus.  At the least the guy was not to bad about it.  As after he realized the other lists being posted his was way to strong and he played on the fantasy side last year which is way more competitive.  I got myself a knight kill before tabled and nearly took down a second.  I mean great moral victory on that.  Also got a cocktail out of the deal.  

The last match well the captains couldnt figure out the last two matches.  Guy with the World Eaters comes over and hes like ya I got to play that.  I been wanting to play it all weekend.  It was a great fun game.  He won by 1 more objective point siphon then I managed to get.  For the pure blood shed.  I had almost three quarters of my forces left where he was just shy over 25%.  It was a fun game, and I even got a favorite opponent pin from him and I gave him mine. 

My team we took 5th over all out of 15 other teams.  Each team has 4 people.  My army was a huge talk along the other teams and people loved it. 

5th is a good result for your team, a good result :) Playing new armies is always fun, but needs a lot of attention as you learn their tricks ;)

How did your movement trays work during the games? Is there a particular reason for the L-shaped ones?

Archived