Purple Crons: 2x 20 Man Squads Goal Completed

Master Toddius

Hail,

Decided to start painting my Necrons. Here are 40 necrons warriors (2x 20 squads). Completed Phase 1 of the WIP. Now to proceed with 39 pairs of arms and weapons. My life is slowly being drained away painting all these warriors... lol

gallery_317_14437_848783.jpg

Comments / Critiques are welcomed.

Hail and good tidings, Brothers.

Got the Overlord completed. Hes actually magnetized to this base. He will also be used on the Command barge when completed.

med_gallery_317_14437_670808.jpg
med_gallery_317_14437_504149.jpg
med_gallery_317_14437_1083085.jpg
med_gallery_317_14437_116082.jpg

I painted him without the cape, I can't figure out a clean way of photographing the inner back of the main body. Yes I know it wasn't necessary - but my OCD wouldn't let it slide.

Comments and Critiques Welcomed. :)

Did you choose green for the energy colour based off Necrons coming with plastic green rods? Personally I think painting over the acrylic always looks better you've matched the colour quite well.

Did you choose green for the energy colour based off Necrons coming with plastic green rods? Personally I think painting over the acrylic always looks better you've matched the colour quite well.

My thoughts ran to the green because I really like the tone, I've been using green rods on models for a long time. But the color scheme really was inspired by:

med_gallery_317_14437_25529.jpg

med_gallery_317_14437_260397.jpg

Thannks for the comments!! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks! Ya painting the prototype had me tentative on committing to the purple. But I thought - why not. I don't have any other purple armies. I figure necrons are so far removed as a Xenos group, and there are so many of them scattered among the tomb worlds, there has to be a large variety of heraldry. Its a little wonky, but fun. This has been a  strange experiment but the results are making me happy. lol

• 3 weeks later...

Amusingly, the first thing I thought of when I saw the green and purple was this : https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/transformers/images/b/b4/Constructicons-G1-animemodels.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/1000?cb=20150913094605

Those are some really bold looking Necrons. Nice work, I hope finishing the arms goes smoothly.

• 3 weeks later...

That is some brilliant colour inspiration. I look forward to seeing more! 

At least with the Warriors once you have 40 done you're pretty much done with needing them unless you play apocalypse-level games all the time.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived