Making Space Marines Great Again

BLACK BLΠFLY

Okay third and final round for day 1 was against infamous notorious Smash Brothers - Magnus and Mortarion. I have played against this type of list several times... here is how you beat it. Hide everything out of line of sight. Deploy Culexus so that the daemon Primarchs must pass over the assassin on their way to your castle. Cast Null Zone every turn. I keep my Allarus and Wardens both in reserve so I can bring them in one after another (e.g., turn 2 then turn 3) using the strategem where they land easily in charge range. Keep Tiggy bubble wrapped nice and safe. The Culexus always Fs them up - especially Magnus if he tries to cast Warp Time which makes it really easy for Tiggy to deny. I did this first turn (went 2nd again)... so there was Magnus stopped dead in his tracks. He assaults the Culexus but can't hit the broad side of a barn - lol. My turn in comes the Inceptors and Tiggy gets off Null Zone with a reroll - Magnus is vaporized so now my opponent has to take on my castle solo with Morty who is always a pain because of all the mortal wounds but he gets shredded too. Easy win after getting rid of the second daemon Primarch TBH .

Next up Altoic Ynnnari.

It's funny how good the celuxes is in those lists that are really relying on a multitude of deadly psychic phases.

When I play a lot of psychic powers I usually try pretty hard to have a very large, cheap, pile of junk to charge a Culexus. I know back in the day my Tzaangors used to have quite a collection of Culexus heads. But to be fair I rarely play anything too psychic intense just for this reason. I mean you're just taking one Culexus. Last tournament I was in a guy brought 3. It's a magic bullet.. literally.

Good job though. I can't wait to finish my second Custodes army. I really miss the Allarus and Wardens (I also used them both.)

Does everyone use null zone with Tiggy for the easier cast?

I've been contemplating kit bashing a librarian with jump pack to get into range easier.

Well I can only speak personally but Tiggy comes with a few inherent abilities that make him one of the best psykers (POINTWISE) in the game. You're looking at re-rolls on all fails. That makes getting those WC 8 powers off a little easier. PLUS the ability to point to a unit just as your opponent is about to start shooting and call it =1 to hit is pretty darn cool. In other armies (like Death Guard, or Thousand Sons) that actually requires a successfully casted psychic power.

I'm getting more and more on the Null Zone train. My army runs (2000pts) a Captain, Sternguard and usually a Librarian in a Rhino to launch an attack. Being able to jump out and hose down a target, Smite and Psychic Scourge and charge has been a staple. Now add potential for Null Zone so my support units can blat a nearby heavy unit and we're away.

I just never liked the 8 WC but hey rerolls are a thing right.

Archived