Astartes Kill Team Starter Pack - Additional Cards

I haven't purchased the Space Marine Kill Team Starter pack, I don't need terrain. (If I play at all, it's at my FLGS, never at home.) and I didn't really want Reivers for my kill team. So I only purchased the rule book and starter card set. My question for people who did purchase the starter set is what do the extra set specific strategem cards say exactly?

Actually a really good question. I won't buy it myself since I don't see me ever using more than my 10 Reiver I already have as long as they don't get a major buff but it would be nice to know what kind of Tactics I'm missing out lol

turns out, there are a few!

Death Denied - downgrades an out of action to a flesh wound
Adaptive Strategy - gain command points when the team is broken
Battle Brothers - a model within 3" takes a number of mortal wounds equal to the damage a weapon would have dealt to the target
Auspex Scan - ignore negative hit modifiers
Psychological warfare - add one to nerve tests for models within 6" of a reiver that took a model out of action.
Angel of Death - add 1 to attack characteristic of a model that charged

Plus cards for the ones in the book obviously.

I really like battle brother, so cinematic and will be awesome for narrative campaign play!

Death Denied is also cool, very fitting for the astartes - especially if they hadn't already had a flesh wound as it means they suffer no penalties at all and shrug off the hit!

there is also a unique marine interaction with sector imperialis, which lets you detonate an alchomite stack. you detonate it then the following movement phase roll a dice for every model within 3", on a 4+ they take a mortal wound and the terrain piece is removed.

turns out, there are a few!

Death Denied - downgrades an out of action to a flesh wound

Adaptive Strategy - gain command points when the team is broken

Battle Brothers - a model within 3" takes a number of mortal wounds equal to the damage a weapon would have dealt to the target

Auspex Scan - ignore negative hit modifiers

Psychological warfare - add one to nerve tests for models within 6" of a reiver that took a model out of action.

Angel of Death - add 1 to attack characteristic of a model that charged

Plus cards for the ones in the book obviously.

all of these are pretty good. I'd say Battle Brothers is really good of you have some Scouts hanging around, as they have a single wound the extra mortal wounds do not spill over in Kill Team. So you can use him like a T'au Drone

Archived