Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Returning player getting back into the game - 1000 point lis

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Barnie25

Barnie25

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 94 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels
Hi folks,

I am returning back to the game after a 4 year hiatus. Like many I took the opportunity to get back into the game with Dark Imperium. Our store usually runs tournaments up to 1250 points in order to be able to run 1 day tournaments. What should I expect at this point level? I mocked up a list with the models I currently have. The idea behind the list is to have some durable objective babysitters with the PM and some mobile threats with the Drones and DP's. I can drop the second prince for something else but I failed to make the points work. I don't think our store plays games on 4x4 tables however despite the new rules, does this negatively impact us?

Critique is highly welcome!

(Chaos - Death Guard) [57 PL, 999pts]
HQ
Daemon Prince of Nurgle [9 PL, 180pts]
Selections: 5. Putrescent Vitality, 6. Arch-Contaminator, Hellforged sword, The Suppurating Plate, Warlord, Wings

Categories: HQ, Character, Daemon, Monster, Faction: Heretic Astartes, Faction: Death Guard, Faction: Nurgle, Chaos, Daemon Prince, Fly, Warlord

Daemon Prince of Nurgle [9 PL, 180pts]
Selections: 1. Miasma of Pestilence, Malefic talon, Wings

Categories: HQ, Character, Daemon, Monster, Faction: Heretic Astartes, Faction: Death Guard, Faction: Nurgle, Chaos, Daemon Prince, Fly

Troops
Plague Marines [10 PL, 122pts]
Categories: Faction: Nurgle, Faction: Heretic Astartes, Infantry, Chaos, Faction: Death Guard, Troops, Plague Marines

Plague Champion
Codex
Selections: Boltgun, Plague knife

3x Plague Marine w/ boltgun
Plague Marine w/ Special Weapon
Selections: Blight launcher

Selections: Blight launcher

Plague Marines [10 PL, 141pts]
Categories: Faction: Nurgle, Faction: Heretic Astartes, Infantry, Chaos, Faction: Death Guard, Troops, Plague Marines

Plague Champion
Codex
Selections: Plague knife, Plasma gun

3x Plague Marine w/ boltgun
Selections: Plasma gun

Selections: Plasma gun

Poxwalkers [3 PL, 60pts]
Selections: 10x Poxwalker

Categories: Troops, Infantry, Faction: Nurgle, Faction: Death Guard, Chaos, Faction: Heretic Astartes, Poxwalkers

Fast Attack
Foetid Bloat-drone [8 PL, 158pts]
Selections: 2x Plaguespitters, Plague probe

Categories: Fast Attack, Faction: Nurgle, Faction: Heretic Astartes, Faction: Death Guard, Vehicle, Daemon Engine, Daemon, Fly, Chaos, Foetid Bloat-drone

Foetid Bloat-drone [8 PL, 158pts]
Selections: 2x Plaguespitters, Plague probe

Categories: Fast Attack, Faction: Nurgle, Faction: Heretic Astartes, Faction: Death Guard, Vehicle, Daemon Engine, Daemon, Fly, Chaos, Foetid Bloat-drone

Created with BattleScribe

No Pity! No Remorse! No Fear!

Tokugawa

Tokugawa

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 504 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
For 1000pts, they are OK. Unless your FLGS allow someone to take super-heavy units to 1000pts event. Further tweak could reduce the unit cost of PMs(e.g. 5 men 2 launchers), to free some points for more expendable bodies.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users