AdMech

dchmp

I've been playing around trying to get yellow to come out right.  I still struggle to get a "clean" yellow to look, but i think this "dirty" yellow came out right.  What to you guys think? 

tvwmx2X.jpg

rVprWZ2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks. He's coming along slowly, but its been enjoyable thus far.  The only other model I've painted thats close to this big is the LOTR war elephant thing, and it had very few large flat surfaces to paint. 

Is he stepping over a wrecked Knight's carapace? How thematically appropriate.

"We fight atop the graves of those who came before us, who themselves fought over the graves of those who came before them, and so on for millenia. Ours is a galaxy of unending war."

Excellent knights and your yellow looks spot on! It looks smooth and dirtying it up is appropriate for a force that stalks a galaxy that is always at war. How are you doing it? Yours seriously look good!

Step one is to base coast the model with a dark copper color and give it one dry-brush with a slightly brighter copper.  It then gets a very light dry-brush of a dark silver or steel color. For the first yellow its two thin coats, for the red one is usually enough.  For these models i leave most of the edges uncovered with the yellow and red to give it a weathered or chipped effect.

Ce2BrPe.jpg

Archived