Winning list BAO is DeathGuard + Knight

BlackTriton

Thanks for reading my batreps... the ITC stuff is on my blog.

I’ll tell you guys the frustrating thing is.... i didn’t trust myself. Yes I took a list most saw as terrible, but when I was playing Blightlords I didn’t trust myself. There’s a big lesson for me in his success.

So what would you guys swap out for the Knights to keep it pure Death Guard? Forge World stuff is allowed.

I ask because I've got no idea what direction to take my Death Guard in and it looks like quite a cool list, but my project demands that extra level of Legion purity that chucking a bunch of Knights in kinda ruins!

Dragonlover

T8 vehicles. Not exciting but T8 and To a lesser degree T7 are getting difficult to deal with especially with tough troops. Think unless an opponent has gobs of mortal wounds it forces tough decisions.

I have np even using vanilla Warglaives and Hellverins for quite a while in my groups and if I took them out I’d probably look at Vindies, PBCs and Decimators with soul burners. Stuff like that.

Well the knights in his list were there to kill the things that would directly threaten his termies before dropping them in. You’d need something long range and with enough power to delete a unit or reduce it enough it’s no longer a threat; I’m not sure what that is in the vanilla DG codex, but as others have said you can probably get something with Forge World. It’s also gotta be durable like the knight to maintain an effective threat/target pool for the opponent to choose from. Otherwise they’ll just focus down the Blightlords I would think.

My $0.02.

I wouldn’t mind swapping the Knight for a Spartan such a beast of a unit especially accompanied by a couple of plagueburst crawlers as an armoured spearhead which should easily force your opponent to try and deal with it instead of the terminators I’d probably swap the Armigers for a couple of butcher Cannon contemptors as well

Archived