A bit of a quandary. Looking for advice

rayvn26

I'm not sure if this is where this goes, I apologize if I've erred feel free to move it to the appropriate area.

I've been playing Warhammer and Warhammer 40,000 for decades, started in 1989, and been painting miniatures since 1979. In that time I've played most the armies in both games, but I've been playing Blood Angels for 15 years and I hate to say it they are starting to get a little stale to me. Both in painting and in play style, I've tried mixing it up using tanks, planes, just anything that's not the norm for them.

So I've been perusing the website looking at new armies to play. I have a few models from some armies like I have a Space Wolf guy from Burning of Propero, Necrons from Forgebane. I've even started playing Age of Sigmar (shudder to think I know) but it's a change of pace. Just something.

So I come to you fine people to help me out. I'm looking for an army that's really fun to play and challenging to paint but still fun. You know if you have a favorite army lemme know why maybe possible colors. I'm really starting to get burned out with Blood Angels.

Thank you in advance,

Rayvn 

Kill Team is your perfect opportunity here.

If you can get a list of possible candidates down to around 3, then you can get a Kill Team for each and see which inspires you the most.

I know for me, I sometimes need a bit of a break from Marines. Try something completely different. So probably Xenos, maybe Tau or Orks?

Rik

Ooo Orks, didn't even look at them yet. And I have an Ork Warboss too.

Fantastic news, the AoS Orruks are brilliant.

If you're looking for quick fixes, I can't recommend ShadeSpire highly enough, and you can get EVERYTHING for less than a 40k army would ever cost you.

Rik

Ooo Orks, didn't even look at them yet. And I have an Ork Warboss too.

Fantastic news, the AoS Orruks are brilliant.

If you're looking for quick fixes, I can't recommend ShadeSpire highly enough, and you can get EVERYTHING for less than a 40k army would ever cost you.

Rik

Yes, I got the Khorne dudes out of that set and the Khorne dudes out of the AoS starter set (old). Fortunately I'll be adopting two sets of Night Haunt out of the new starter box set as well Lady Olynder, they will have a happy home here, I've always loved undead. But I do rather like the idea of 40k Orks. Lots of fun to play, super fun to paint and model... I need to recreate my looted Devilfish!

Orks are a blast to paint. I did a bunch of them for my son back in RT days. And you can take near about any junk vehicle from ebay and turn it into an Ork masterpiece with some bits and bobs and plastic card.

I agree with Rika Lightstar and Doghouse though. Kill Team is the best way to test out different armies. You can start out with Orks and then check out a few other flavors.

Archived