Malcador Tanks

Sume

Hello.

I was wondering if anyone has used any of the variants before?  If you did what was the result of the tank?  Was one better?  I am thinking about using one.  Not sure which one I want.  For me needs looking for some high strength guns.  

Thanks.

The Defender is actually little useful given the fact we have enough Anti-Infantry dakka against most stuff thanks to our hordes of Cultists.

The Malcador Heavy Tank is just a more tanky and less shooty Leman Russ, but you could put 3 Lascannons on him costing 257 points for a quite tough Lascannon Fortress. Still for 70 Points you could have 2 Leman Russ with Lascannons and Battle Cannons.

I would say, if you like the model go for it. I think they are only slightly worse than a Russ.

Sadly we have do not have access to them, but I love them:

Only Malcador I would play regularly is the Infernus for the D2 against Primaris.

If you want big guns and Anti-tank, take the Annihilator and switch all of its guns with Lascannons. That thing can have 5 Lascannons on it costing 300 points. 

Only the Terminus Ultra is a worthy challenger here.

Interesting.  I should have posted that this be a supplement to a Slaanesh demon force.  I am looking to fill in it with extra cheap bodies and big guns.  Thought the malcadors might be a little more tanky then a russ and save points if it did its job versus say 2 russ.

My needs are some long range gun support.  To help soften up big targets or even the light tanks to make way for the wave of demonettes.  I plan to use some basilisk tanks also.  I was just looking through the renegade list and seeing what could be used from forgeworld and thought they malcador line looked interesting.  I was was not sure how useful they actually where.

Looking like 2 Russ is going to be better.  Thanks for the information.  I was wanting to make sure I got the best bang for my buck and points wise.

The Minotaur is the malcador/basilisk hybrid tank. It's plenty tough and has a serious long range gun. It is a Lord of War though...which may or may not be an advantage depending on you list.

Renegades do have the option of skipping the basilisk and just taking the earthshaker guns as artillery platforms too.

The Minotaur is the malcador/basilisk hybrid tank. It's plenty tough and has a serious long range gun. It is a Lord of War though...which may or may not be an advantage depending on you list.

Renegades do have the option of skipping the basilisk and just taking the earthshaker guns as artillery platforms too.

Minotaur Artillery Tank 296 Points and it has 5++, T8 and 22 W + Steel Behemoth so it cannot be stuck in anything at all.

About the Earthshaker, those have been up in points in Chapter Approved to 115 Points, while a Basilisks costs 108 with better stats. Unless you use Power Points here which is 3 to 6 for those units.

Overall I recommend Disciples Squads with Lascannons above all, 10 man with Lascannon for 80 is quite good. Lots bodies to feed to enemy fire and it hits on 3+.

Light Vehicles the Macharius Vulcan ist your friend or you go Renegade Armiger Helverines.

Otherwise I had success with the Macharius Heavy Tank, good rolls on it can be devastating thanks to D6 damage on its gun. Still unreliable often enough.

I would go with Kevlarsharks suggestion, have to buy one of those.

I saw the earthshaker guns.  I kinda discounted them out initally.  Now that you mention them.  I can actually get 3 for less then the 2 basilisks I planned to use.  Just saw the change from chapter approved.  Ya no point on the earthshaker batteries since they cost more then the basilisk.  Then that give me more points to use else where in the demon list.  No space for a lord of war actually.  Unless I dropped some things and used that.  Thats worth looking at to.  I love my fw keeper so it has to stay in the list but without anything else thats as scary as she is.  It draws to much fire to get it where I want.  

Thanks again.  I will be finishing up the last of the Slaanesh demons in the next few weeks and then I am going to be looking to make some trial paint schemes on my renegades.

I have decided upon using some scout sentinels with heavy flamers and some armored sentinels with lascannons.  Along with possibly some disciple squads that have the lascannon also.  This will fit in better for what I am hoping things will look.  Bare that not working out I am looking at the Renegade Armiger Helverines.   The set up I made came to a tad over 700 points so I am happy with that.  In this case its quantity to get what I am looking for and on the cheap.  I got more targets for target saturation also these things might be vulnerable to small arms but I like the look and I can get the set up I want with roughly double the guns and some chaff removal while I am at it. 

Sentinels are lots of fun to use, they present your opponent with tough decisions as they don't degrade when wounded. At 6 wounds each they need dedicated fire power or multiple wound weapons to remove them completely.

I always found my scout sentinels outperformed the armoured ones (point for point) in everything except close combat. I use the multilaser over the flamer - it sounds awesome to use the sneaky scouts to creep up and flame some stuff, but over the whole game the multilaser will net you more hits and wounds. I have heard of people having good success with missile launchers as the two modes of shooting give it decent flexibility.

Also...hunterkiller missiles should be standard on any tank hunting/fire support sentinels

I will have to try that out.  I thought I magnetize the weapon slots to be able to swap out.  I was not sure what was the better option the multilaser or the heavy flamer.  I figured if I had the extra points that the armored ones would get some hunterkiller missiles as some extra shots.  The fact that they didn't degrade and would actually need some dedicated fire power, or someone using big guns on them was the ultimate decider.  I try to build lists with a lot of redundancy since you are never guaranteed first turn.  I want to be able to have the roles needed covered.

I been finding my opponent deploys all crazy to block off my deep striking units.  Then it actually nets me some units not shooting at me.  Since they are way out of range or not usable.  Figured the scouts would provide more extra threat in that regards.  Make them react to me. 

Archived