Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Kill Team Deathwatch question

Kill Team game Deathwatch Space Marines

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Terimus

Terimus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 306 posts
  • Faction: Sons of Malice
I noticed that the Deathwatch rules allow a Marine to potentially wield two power swords/mauls, and as well, the standard Black Shield model shown in the GW products wields two swords. Is there any bonus for dual wielding like that or is it sadly just a waste of points?

Orpheus108

Orpheus108

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 277 posts
I was wondering the same thing, I'm getting one of the DW sets and saw the guy with 2 swords and loved the model, but does it do anything in KT

Edited by Orpheus108, 02 August 2018 - 05:01 AM.

15.jpg

Orpheus108

Orpheus108

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 277 posts
And I was wondering also looking at the front cover of KT with the raven guard there. There isnt any option to take lightning claws, theres a raven guard in the death watch box that has them. I know he has a jump pack and you cant use them but theres bo reason not to add in lightning claws
15.jpg

MasterDeath

MasterDeath

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 132 posts

Two Swords: No Bonus, two Mauls: no Bonus, Sword/Maul: you can decide which to use, Lightning Claws: I agree, they axed some weapon options for no reason. Power Axes for example.

azn.gamer

azn.gamer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 61 posts
  • Faction: Deathwatch

Two Swords: No Bonus, two Mauls: no Bonus, Sword/Maul: you can decide which to use, Lightning Claws: I agree, they axed some weapon options for no reason. Power Axes for example.

When looking at what weapons each faction has - GW kept it pretty simple - units can choose whatever is already packaged in the box without needing anything extra.  The only way DW can model those weapons is dipping into the SM kits.  Even then - there are some weapon options that cannot be taken that are included in the box; DW Veteran box allows building a combi-flamer which is NOT allowed in KT.

My Deathwatch Kill Team: Finished Models & WIP
I do NOT paint, but responsible for all modifications & poses

Knight of Lupus

Knight of Lupus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,138 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves, Custodes

I think there's enough variety in the weapons options to be effective - I think some weapons just wouldn't be suitable for this game or a given faction in particular. 

Edited by Knight of Lupus, 07 August 2018 - 08:26 AM.

"Heed not the whispers in the gloom, or the rantings of madmen, for they will attempt to beguile you.
Cleave to your training, for heretics speak naught but lies and damnations.  Let thy weapons speak in answer."

Captain Smashy Pants

Captain Smashy Pants

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 471 posts

When looking at what weapons each faction has - GW kept it pretty simple - units can choose whatever is already packaged in the box without needing anything extra. The only way DW can model those weapons is dipping into the SM kits. Even then - there are some weapon options that cannot be taken that are included in the box; DW Veteran box allows building a combi-flamer which is NOT allowed in KT.

Actually I'm pretty sure there's only a combi melta and combi plasma option in the box, as I can vaguely remember being bummed out that there was no combi flamer option in the veteran box. That and no two handed bolter option either. I mean seriously, what the :cuss, no two handed bolter option? Also a question to anyone with the killteam rules, can you legally field Killteam Donatus?
gallery_62972_14467_3390.jpggallery_62972_14467_13489.jpggallery_62972_14467_3390.jpg

I do find it hilarious that some people were saying the size of newer marine stuff looks great next to regular humans like Cadians, and then GW upsized the humans so they are the same height as marines again :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tonius

Tonius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 98 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels & Deathwatch
you are right about the combi weapons of the DW kill team box: no flamer !
" Better to die for a cause covered in blood than in your bed, covered in piss."
Alexandre Dumas

azn.gamer

azn.gamer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 61 posts
 I mean seriously, what the censored.gif, no two handed bolter option? Also a question to anyone with the killteam rules, can you legally field Killteam Donatus?

I actually like the 1h Bolters lol, but I also have a LOT of SM bits with 2h.  However, you miss out on the DW Pip-boy and left arm elbow decor.

You're more than welcome to field him as a DW Veteran with a bolter / stalker pattern boltgun.  There aren't any rules for "special" characters though.  I expect to see plenty of Rodricus Grytt as a Gunner with Frag Cannon.

Edited by azn.gamer, 08 August 2018 - 04:08 PM.

• Knight of Lupus likes this

Captain Smashy Pants

Captain Smashy Pants

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 471 posts
I was mainly wondering whether other members of squad Donatus could be used, mainly the DA and SW, firgetten their names, one has a chainsword, the other a plasma pistol. I know Rodricus, Donatus and the Iron Hand are legal, just wondering bout the other two.
gallery_62972_14467_3390.jpggallery_62972_14467_13489.jpggallery_62972_14467_3390.jpg

I do find it hilarious that some people were saying the size of newer marine stuff looks great next to regular humans like Cadians, and then GW upsized the humans so they are the same height as marines again :lol: :lol: :lol:

azn.gamer

azn.gamer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 61 posts
Personally I wouldn’t care, as long as you’re consistent with whatever legal wargear loadout you choose. However, I play for fun, fluff, and cool models. I’m sure there will be wysiwyg and hardcore players who won’t.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Kill Team game, Deathwatch, Space Marines

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users