Kill Team Deathwatch question

Terimus

I noticed that the Deathwatch rules allow a Marine to potentially wield two power swords/mauls, and as well, the standard Black Shield model shown in the GW products wields two swords. Is there any bonus for dual wielding like that or is it sadly just a waste of points?

And I was wondering also looking at the front cover of KT with the raven guard there. There isnt any option to take lightning claws, theres a raven guard in the death watch box that has them. I know he has a jump pack and you cant use them but theres bo reason not to add in lightning claws

Two Swords: No Bonus, two Mauls: no Bonus, Sword/Maul: you can decide which to use, Lightning Claws: I agree, they axed some weapon options for no reason. Power Axes for example.

When looking at what weapons each faction has - GW kept it pretty simple - units can choose whatever is already packaged in the box without needing anything extra.  The only way DW can model those weapons is dipping into the SM kits.  Even then - there are some weapon options that cannot be taken that are included in the box; DW Veteran box allows building a combi-flamer which is NOT allowed in KT.

Two Swords: No Bonus, two Mauls: no Bonus, Sword/Maul: you can decide which to use, Lightning Claws: I agree, they axed some weapon options for no reason. Power Axes for example.

When looking at what weapons each faction has - GW kept it pretty simple - units can choose whatever is already packaged in the box without needing anything extra. The only way DW can model those weapons is dipping into the SM kits. Even then - there are some weapon options that cannot be taken that are included in the box; DW Veteran box allows building a combi-flamer which is NOT allowed in KT.

Actually I'm pretty sure there's only a combi melta and combi plasma option in the box, as I can vaguely remember being bummed out that there was no combi flamer option in the veteran box. That and no two handed bolter option either. I mean seriously, what the :cuss, no two handed bolter option? Also a question to anyone with the killteam rules, can you legally field Killteam Donatus?

I mean seriously, what the :censored:, no two handed bolter option? Also a question to anyone with the killteam rules, can you legally field Killteam Donatus?

I actually like the 1h Bolters lol, but I also have a LOT of SM bits with 2h.  However, you miss out on the DW Pip-boy and left arm elbow decor.

You're more than welcome to field him as a DW Veteran with a bolter / stalker pattern boltgun.  There aren't any rules for "special" characters though.  I expect to see plenty of Rodricus Grytt as a Gunner with Frag Cannon.

Personally I wouldn’t care, as long as you’re consistent with whatever legal wargear loadout you choose. However, I play for fun, fluff, and cool models. I’m sure there will be wysiwyg and hardcore players who won’t.

Archived