Raven guard 5th company

Johanhgg

As a true 40k-er, there’s need of multiple projects. These are not raven guard but shared the same treachery and pain on the black sands of Istvaan.

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e44/johanhgg/DD9BD9C1-091C-4F30-9AFD-1056F6530A0C_zpsbsg7s7vt.jpeg

Perhaps the most humane of all loyal chapters. That’s what I love. And the flamers and meltas of course.

I like the plasma glow effects on the Hellblasters.

More importantly I need to see that beakie sergeant with power sword and combi-plasma painted, pushes all my buttons for a good-lookng model.

Thanks man! Yes it will be nice to see that sgt. painted up

Your black looks like a combination of dark greys and inks with a drybrush, but I quite like the effect. Mind sharing your recipe?

That coupled with the dull glow on plasma creates a very please palette-effect on the eyes (They look like they are constantly standing in shadow.

:thumbsup:

Your black looks like a combination of dark greys and inks with a drybrush, but I quite like the effect. Mind sharing your recipe?

That coupled with the dull glow on plasma creates a very please palette-effect on the eyes (They look like they are constantly standing in shadow.

:thumbsup:

Thank you! Appreciate the feedback! Over a black base coat I do a fairly heavy dry brush with Vallejo dark grey and then a light dry brush of Vallejo light grey. A fairly neat coat of nuln oil over everything ties it together. Really simple and quite fast

I knew that sergeant would look good. Nice job.

WIsh my painting showed this much progress. Never enough time...

Thank you! Yeah I understand what you are saying, my time is very limited so it’s mandatory that the painting is easy and servitor-like -> drybrushing.

Edgehighlighting and spending 5 hours a model would result in 1 model done a week

I need to add some psychic defence to my army. I’m thinking either culexus Assassins or silent sisters.

Problem is you need to add 3 (in a vanguarddetachment) so 3 assassins or 3 sister of silence squads.

Culexus add 2 on enemy psyker rolls but it’s unstackable and us supremely hard to kill, silent sisters adds 1 but it’s stackable up until 4..,

Assassins are cool but 3 culexus?! Don’t need that, and the other assassins is kinda dull, except maybe vindicare.

Cheapest I can figure that wont dig into your army creation is the Culexus. Generally psykers are either spammed by an army or ignored from what I've seen. Can't tell you how many editions I've wanted to use a Librarian competitively. Love the models though so I always end up with one for funsies. Culexus you have the detachment issue to deal with but don't forget they are designed just for denial but hunting also. 

I need to add some psychic defence to my army. I’m thinking either culexus Assassins or silent sisters.

Problem is you need to add 3 (in a vanguarddetachment) so 3 assassins or 3 sister of silence squads.

Culexus add 2 on enemy psyker rolls but it’s unstackable and us supremely hard to kill, silent sisters adds 1 but it’s stackable up until 4..,

Assassins are cool but 3 culexus?! Don’t need that, and the other assassins is kinda dull, except maybe vindicare.

Take the Skully murder face as your 3rd assassin and let him loose in a blob of dudes....he may kill them all or die hopefully taking more with him. 

Edited by war009

Thanks guys! 2 culexus and 1 eversor it is then. One of my main opponents plays death guard with lots of Psykers and one other plays Eldar with lots of Psykers. They have never ever encountered any kind of psychic resistance from my forces, not even an librarian. This will be fun!

Games workshop I’m goin to order from you 2 culexus and 1 eversor. If not any of you guys have some assassins to sell