Raven guard 5th company

Johanhgg

This has inspired me a bit. I wanted to do a skull guy with robot arms and parts but felt it was not RG enough and would look too Iron Fists.  But if I did a conversion of Culexus I think it could work.  I do not wish to shell out $$ on  new model when I really want to build from scratch.

That is a really nice looking force - they look sleek and threatening.

Thank you! Thats a 1500 point list, whats not in the picture is my 2 culexus and 1 eversor-Assassin.

Now im pondering what to add. I have a LOT of marines and vehicles. Thinking about if i should add my intersessors, gravis captain, leutenant and inceptors, or if i should add those to my Iron Hands. 5 or 10 more hellblasters WILL be added tho, they are primed:)

• 1 month later...
I love the look of Inceptors and they are RG ish but with that many Aggressors and Hellblasters on the way ... I’d go Intercessors depending on how you plan on using your Tacticals? That’s assuming when you say vehicles you mean Rhinos. I think there are going to be some interesting attempts at bringing Rhinos back into the game as either a Rush supported by Elite units or as manuver and board control ... so composition and overall battleplanning will vary your mileage.

I just changed my Army. Adapting to change of rules. This is how it will be.

A strong firebase of 2 x rapier quadbolters, deredo Dreadnought (5+ invul save for friendlies inside 6”) and dev squad (2 LC, 2 ML) + a leutenant.

A assault portion of bike squad, 6 bolter inceptors, captain w JP, Tactical squad in AC razorback.

2 intercessor squads for midfield camping.

1500 p. What you guys think?

That's cool, I missed the invul part.

Rapiers are pretty easy to kill and I'd consider putting a heavy bolter in dev squads to use the hellfire strat.

But they will be in a 5+ invul save bubble, a little harder to kill.

Good idea w hvy bolter!

• 3 months later...

Raven guard is back. I’ve decided that almost all of my primaris will reinforce my raven guard. So paintlist is 4 more aggressors, 1 more LT, a lot more intercessors, 12 inceptors and 2 repulsors. And a captain.

http://u.cubeupload.com/Johanhgg/DCD109E905844E518B34.jpeg

http://u.cubeupload.com/Johanhgg/40BD541E15E64CED8979.jpeg

http://u.cubeupload.com/Johanhgg/31A9F406713147C49438.jpeg

Nice weathering on the Black, i like that chipped armor style :thumbsup:

although on the first intercessor squad i would've made the auspex either metallic or a contrasting colour to make it pop out, maybe ad-mech red :tongue.: or a grey colour?..

anyways great stuff !

cheers, Mithril

But, but.....repulsor is big and 2 is even bigger

And the land raiders is reserved for the carcharodons :smile.:

Well then, there is only one option left.

Astraeus :yes:

Please...if he wants to transport primaris in something bigger than a repulsor (and better looking than the astraeus), there's still the option of a Thunderhawk. :happy.: