Primaris Units/ vehicles, wishtheory list

Triszin

Give the primmies a drop pod, a mobile (as in high movement) assault unit (with access to a bit more than knives and chainswords), and open sergeants and lieutenants to power *weapons* rather than just power *swords*.

That should keep them occupied for some time and maybe let the rest of us have some peace.

Peace from what?

I was trying to be funny. Don't worry about it.

Ah I see, hillarious!

If the model only costs 1CP then sure. I just don't want a unit I'll never take and in the current game useful deployment abilities don't have a point cost, so a Pod isn't competitive.

A Primaris drop pod wouldn't alter my army currently - Maybe if new units became available that would benefit from one that would change.

Maybe they'll also make changes with CA that makes pods more interesting for all marine armies? Get where you're coming from as a general "pods suck" viewpoint, they're not really ever worth taking, but who knows what the future could bring in terms of drastic rules changes?

• 3 weeks later...

Something exciting and interesting

Units so far have been somewhat... plain and action figure-like to try and word it.

Stuff like a Moritat equivalent could be cool. Flavourful, unique, and that touch of grimdark where Primaris aren't just flawless space marines.

a battle tank that carries at least four heavy weapons which will not cost more than 180 points regardless of the combination used please.

I dunno, I'd like a MBT with 2~ variants.

Variant 1:

Glaive + repulsor

- It should have a main cannon like the Legion Glaive (volkite carronade).

-----Something, that has 2 weapon profiles, (akin helfrost destructor) direct target, and dispersed.

- Defense turrets (repulsor cqc defense system )

- 2 tri las rippers

Variant 2:

Repulsor+ Sicarian

- Main turret is a Twin Macro accelerator, A smaller version of the astreus main gun

- other weapon suite that suppliments the main turret

Main (landriader) transport

Mastadon meets a stormwolf

- has stalker pattern icarus repeaters (on the stalker rhino) on the hull

- has an option for a front mounted laser destroyer at cost of 60% transport capacity

a battle tank that carries at least four heavy weapons which will not cost more than 180 points regardless of the combination used please.

Variant 1:

Glaive + repulsor

-----Something, that has 2 weapon profiles, (akin helfrost destructor) direct target, and dispersed.

- 2 tri las rippers

Variant 2:

Repulsor+ Sicarian

- Main turret is a Twin Macro accelerator, A smaller version of the astreus main gun

- has an option for a front mounted laser destroyer at cost of 60% transport capacity

These would probably be great centrepiece units, but the current super expensive transport/tank units that are available now aren't used because they can't be everywhere at once, their rules are pretty weak, and their costs are far too inflated for what they bring. I think the last thing Primaris needs is more of the same limitations, though I like the idea of tri-las rippers. 

Variant 1:

Glaive + repulsor

- 2 tri las rippers

Variant 2:

Repulsor+ Sicarian

These would probably be great centrepiece units, but the current super expensive transport/tank units that are available now aren't used because they can't be everywhere at once, their rules are pretty weak, and their costs are far too inflated for what they bring. I think the last thing Primaris needs is more of the same limitations, though I like the idea of tri-las rippers. 

In my mind, these tanks wouldn't be super heavies. THey'ed be between a land raider and a super heavy.

and ya, Marine vehicles do need some work, vehicle in genreal

I've just finished the new sm battles book, 'of honour and iron', and I quite like inceptors as a concept now. I can kind of see what the designers were going for now, but not enough to guess where they might go next. Anti tank hopefully but whether as highly mobile or static it's hard to say. The primaris in the book seem to be more clinically orientated and less of the faithful 'drive me closer so I can hit them with my word's but they start to come around by the end of the book so I can see some kind of assault/templar unit of the faithful could fit.

I would love to see a Inceptor Lt or Captain, currently inceptors will drop with a vanilla Lt.

I agree with Ishagu that if we are getting primaris terminator, they need to be faster than tartaros, Something in the looks of a hulk buster would be awesome.

And I agree with Ishagu, I buy and start building 2 drops pods when 8th started, their are in a corner half painted as there is no use for them, no good unit to put in and excesive cost so I can just DS taht unit.

A Primaris special character would be interesting. Not just a generic with a name.

Primaris can seem a little faceless, and a hero with name and story would really help. Characters help build character for those they represent.

Tricky as special characters are tied to chapters and so have limited appeal. So maybe a Primaris character with a narrative hook that lets them show up in other Imperial forces. An Ultramarines envoy, a Mentor observer, a Deathwatch Blackshield, a marine seconded to protect an Inquisitor or Rogue Trader, or field police chasing Cypher... Perfect fodder for a triumvirate type release.

I actually think that making special character rules for the all the chapter specific lieutenant primaris models would be a good step. I mean the space wolf WGBL is an awesome model but the only reason that I run him is because he is a primaris character. A bolt carbine, and power axe isn't a compelling load out, the same is true for the other LTs. Adding some special rules and back ground would help.

Guest MistaGav

Reading Blood of Iax the Chaplain can be outfitted with the same insertion grav plate things that Reivers have so it would be no surprise to see that as an option in the near future, maybe an upgrade kit of some kind. A dual Captain/Lieutenant or even quad kit for Chaplain/Librarian/Captain/Lieutenant that could outfit them in Inceptor armour/Gravis armour would be cool but pricey.

I wouldn't mind special characters but I fear it will be Ultramarines only but Tetriarch Felix seems like a likely candidate.

With all due respect ... if I see another Ultramarine special character, even if it's Primaris, I'm going to throw up and build a Knight / Guard army. 

Smart synergetic options, not cut and paste. Thats what I want for Primaris characters .... I know it's just a matter of time, but damn it lets go already :)

a dedicated primaris assault unit with DECENT equipment would be nice. buckets of dice can only do so much if the opponent can tank it or the chaff unit you killed is so cheap that it hardly matters to your opponent. at the very minimum they should carry as standard melee weapon that does a -1 rend and more at an appropriate points cost.

With all due respect ... if I see another Ultramarine special character, even if it's Primaris, I'm going to throw up and build a Knight / Guard army. 

Smart synergetic options, not cut and paste. Thats what I want for Primaris characters .... I know it's just a matter of time, but damn it lets go already :smile.:

I actually really like how the characters are setup ability wise, they just need the mobility. Inceptor characters or some sort of bike unit would help out a lot. Right now Primaris are a foot horde army and that's rough.

a dedicated primaris assault unit with DECENT equipment would be nice. buckets of dice can only do so much if the opponent can tank it or the chaff unit you killed is so cheap that it hardly matters to your opponent. at the very minimum they should carry as standard melee weapon that does a -1 rend and more at an appropriate points cost.

I would like inceptors with either a spear style weapon, or some sort of a lightning claw and maybe a combat shield.   

Smart synergetic options, not cut and paste. Thats what I want for Primaris characters .... I know it's just a matter of time, but damn it lets go already :)

I'm hoping we see a few! Ultramarines are the main focus of the standard codex and this has always been the case. It wasn't until 5th edition that you could even play the other Chapters.

Smart synergetic options, not cut and paste. Thats what I want for Primaris characters .... I know it's just a matter of time, but damn it lets go already :smile.:

I'm hoping we see a few! Ultramarines are the main focus of the standard codex and this has always been the case. It wasn't until 5th edition that you could even play the other Chapters.

umm that isnt true at all. 4th edition had custom chapter traits. Some of the special characters have been about since at least 4th edition as well.

in terms of Primaris release segments

I see

wave A.

-Primaris Main battle tank

-Primaris Tech marine ( Heck, I could see the techmarine coming bundled with some type of flyer)

wave B.

-Primaris Fast INsertion/harass vehcile

-Primaris CQC heavy squads ( sheilds/melee)

Laughingmans opinion 

In Dark Imperium they basically describe the original indomitus crusade forces (The unnumbered sons) As effectively legion in everything but name only. Thus they would likely have the strategic depth of a legion, including more specialized units. My wishlist includes....

An Alternative  "Support Squad" armed with Anti Horde Weaponry: Rotor cannons, Assault Bolters, Flamers, etc...  

Primaris Veteran Squads analogous to 30K equivalent in terms of Function, Makes sense fluff wise for Primaris only chapters as a replacement for traditional first companies...

An Elite Melee squad, Perhaps modeled after something like the Templar Brethren or Palatine Blades in 30K. 

A relatively cheap transport (They aren't all running around in Repulsors)

Archived