Primaris Units/ vehicles, wishtheory list

Triszin

I truly like the designs but the model kits i'm not a fan of. Every primaris army I see looks the same.

Im really hoping that any expanded units get the full mod-ability (torso, separate limbs etc.) but im not holding my breath.

That's true but mostly because there aren't enough different kits to do proper kitbashes yet.

Thats fair enough but I consider myself pretty experienced in the cut cut chop method vs. part swapping and I have a bear of a time getting it right the torsos include a leaning abdomen. Ive been having to ditch the whole waist section to make anything new looking. Maybe that will change with more body options as you say.

There's a lot of people I agree with here. Just some brief points on what I like that I've seen.

- All grav vehicles, all the time. It should be one of their things.

- Jetbikes! Especially as a CQC unit, sort of reversing the roles that bikes and jump marines take in the current books.

- LSS style cheap grav transport for Primaris.

I would want them to distinct from normal marines even if there is crossover in roles. I know TDA is iconic, but I don't want them to have TDA...but bigger. That would be a let down, and I'm saying that as someone who has run Deathwing in every edition since 3rd. Everything they have should share marine design aesthetics but be it's own new design.

Also limit crossover with guard. Leave them with artillery and tank columns and whatnot. Keep Primaris focussed on infantry and direct infantry support elements that would require a post human super soldier.

(On a different note, IG are the real backbone to the imperium, why can't Cawl design them some new stuff?)

Let us clarify something. Primaris don't use grav vehicles. Repulsor technology is not anti-grav and works very differently and I'd love to see that represented on the board as well.

The repulsor tech vehicles shouldn't be as fast and nimble as proper anti-grav vehicles and shouldn't be able to move over friendly models since it would simply crush them according to the fluff. However there should be some ability to damage enemy models when moving over them (like the AoS Nighthaunt ghost cavalry for example) and they should be a bit more melee capable than regular vehicles. Potentially other stuff as well but that were the first things that came to my mind.

I think those small things would do a lot to give Primaris as faction their own personality compared to all those xenos with their anti-grav stuff and ancient imperial anti-grav stuff like Land Speeder and Custodes Jetbikes.

so, i thought about this today

What if, Primaris do get a

Primaris "terminator" armor

it'll have some awesome IP specific name going forward, as terminator is to generic.

and I think, design wise.

It'll be a merger of two things.

the saturine pattern terminator armor and centurion armor

1b5695a72272d785b8981f031a393bde.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-MJ_mBsQwsNM/UotWaDLBhnI/AAAAAAAACNY/g_V9JYXFK8w/s1600/Imperial+Fists+Centurion.jpg

---------

the other thing I think might end up being a thing,

Repulsor Sheilds ( a primaris combat sheild)

I could see them being different from storm sheilds, where stormsheilds give an invulnerable save, maybe repulsor shields reduce incoming charge distance, and add 1 to toughness ( to represent the repulsor field pushing things away from the character?

sfPanzer good distinction about grav tech. It’s exactly what I meant when I talked about Grav-Bikes. They still get the Fly rule of course, just as the Repulsor does, but definitely need a heavier feel than the weedy Xenos and old school Imperial jet bikers Harley Davidson as opposed to rice burners :)

Edit: full disclosure of bias that (besides appalled any of them leave the Emperor for any reason) I believe Custodes is what Primaris should be I can’t take <Counts As> that far ;)

Triszin speaking of going old school, you really reached back with the saturine pattern terminator armor.

Box of 3 Primaris sized Centurions with Repulsor Shields and Incinerator Lances? Sign me up for 3 boxes.

Not mine, but, this is more what I think of if Primaris ever end up with a variant of TDA:

https://www.deviantart.com/hammk/art/concept-703462498

Repulsor might be the same concept as Tony Stark's, or, Iron Man's, repulsor transmitter based technology. Gravity manipulation technology is a very different sort of thing, overall.

That saturine pattern terminator armour looks cool. For me terminator armour has to look like it could be used in a space hulk as opposed to literally a walking tank (so the tactical part of tactical dreadnought armour). One of the things I like about that armour pattern is it would allow close combat orientated terminator to still have a ranged weapon

That's interesting. Good find. Fingers crossed for something primaris alongside those new newsreader models we saw leaked. Although I'll be a bit disappointed if they come in a set together ala forgebane. I've got no interest in stealers. A split box with orks though would be awesome.

I'm just waiting for Order 66, when Roboute reveals that he is Alpharius and enacts the protocol where all Primaris turn on and kill their smaller brethren and commanders.

Joking aside, I want a cheap transport, better anti tank weapons, a mainline battle tank, a fast melee unit, chainblades on intercessors, veteran intercessors with power weapons, and the options for MK X Phobos and Gravis armored Lts, Chaplains, Captains, and Librarians. Including allowing HQs to take all available weapons and items. Gravis jump pack Captain with a Flamestorm gauntlet and Plasma Exterminator, Chaplain with Crozius and Plasma Pistol, Gravis Librarian. These can easily be kit bashed, but also would make great character model releases beyond the single Lts that chapters are getting.

I also recently sent a email to the gw faq asking them to make Repulsors have twelve transport capacity. This would let HQs ride along with full squads, and give deathwatch room to make mixed kill teams.

in my head,  I now have a visual identity and load out of a "primaris terminator"

I think it would go to a name something like

Exterminus Armor

- Roboute after seeing that the traitors if losing a battle would perform exterminatus, even if they still have forces on the ground realize that the imperiums finest warriors should survive

exterminatus strength ordanance. therefore he had the emperors (terran engineers) work with mars engineers to develop something new. something that could also withstand warp attacks for a time.

- interior is designed to adapt to any marine, so old marine or primaris marine can use it

Thus the

Exterminatus Armor MK I was born, a natural evolution of terminator armor.

features:

- miniaturized void sheilds (6+ save)

- Force sheilds: (3+)

- reinforced terminator armor base systems

weapon systems:

-  One Top hull mount point

-  centurion/aggressor style arms

-  weapon options for hand held, but removes the bigger  guantlet.

visually,

Legs: Centurion  style legs (except fully enclosed)

torso: CEnturion torso, and head area merged with the adeptus titanicus imperial knights upper torso hull

limit them to a max of 3 in a unit, have them be expensive and rare to display how difficult it is to make these new suits.

for equipment:

Top hull mount turret/options:

1. Auto Launcher: (defensive)

2. Icarus Pattern launcher

3. Fragstorm/Krakstorm launcher

Arm weapons:

1. ranged

- Bolt Rotator ( A tri barrel bolt rifle)

- Incinerator storm blaster ( twin barreled )

- and so on

2. Melee weapon options ( new and old )

- Evisercator chainsword

- Thunder hammer

-  and so on

Guest MistaGav

If there is a Primaris flyer I kind of want it to be more like a Fire Raptor/storm eagle kit but a modern iteration. One that acts as a transport and the other as a big dakka flying gunboat. That would be pretty awesome.

Hm. I am loving this thread right now.

To some of the points being raised, I hereby humbly honor the thoughts with some replies that I can get to for now:

- Repulsor hull, drop a frickin' Melta Lance into it as the primary anti-vehicle weapon.

- Flyer setup is... always fun, but what loadouts? Well...

- Gunboat: Up-armored Storm Eagle, due to the size of Primaris, but, nose weapons, options like Twin Avenger Bolt Cannons, or, if feeling really mean, a Vulkan Megabolter. As far as side weapons, maybe an independent turret ball mount with twin or quad weapons options, that don't always have to match. Quad Heavy Plasma Cannon or Quad (Hellblaster options) would also be fun. Wing weapons would be best to favor either Lascannon or Laser Destroyers, in pairs, under each wing; maybe missiles instead, or as another option.

- Transport: I would expect the thing to move at least a full 10 strong squad of Intercessors. Not too sure on the weapons loadouts yet, but still, fun to think of!

I would love a fast, anti gravity tank hunter.

A sleek, hover vehicle armed with two twin Las Rippers and some sort of short range Melta Cannon.

I'd also love an option for a Captain equipped with Inceptor armour, who can use a Thunder Hammer style weapon.

I would love a fast, anti gravity tank hunter.

A sleek, hover vehicle armed with two twin Las Rippers and some sort of short range Melta Cannon.

I'd also love an option for a Captain equipped with Inceptor armour, who can use a Thunder Hammer style weapon.

A thunder "hammer" Lance.

would be kinda awesome

Potentially, yeah. It would depend on his cost and his other loadout options. Oh also the Deathcompany Stratagem doesn't work on Primaris.

True, but he'd have an extra attack by default lol

Wishlist!

Archived