Custom One Off Marine For A Friend

Master Toddius

Hi All,

I'm painting my Necons the same color scheme and it really caught a girl friend's eye and she asked to have me paint a model in a similar fashion. She also digs Anime (like myself) so I decided to add some Japanese Kanji for "Samurai" or "Warrior" as the Chapter Badge. It was fun to paint. Wouldn't mind owning a SM army with this color scheme.

med_gallery_317_14437_403233.jpg
med_gallery_317_14437_556316.jpg
med_gallery_317_14437_535067.jpg
med_gallery_317_14437_680136.jpg

Comments / Critiques welcomed :)

I recognize the kanji (Japanese use of Chinese characters) for "samurai," but why is it on the right pauldron instead of the left? Is that crux terminatus the Chapter symbol, and the kanji the unit insignia?

Terminators always wear the crux terminatus on their left pauldron, probably because it is a symbol of the Emperor, and i guess it extends to power armoured marines as well.

I recognize the kanji (Japanese use of Chinese characters) for "samurai," but why is it on the right pauldron instead of the left? Is that crux terminatus the Chapter symbol, and the kanji the unit insignia?

I've seen Vets with the Crux and Chapter Badge on either or. If this was a Tactical/Dev/Assault marine -- then you're correct; the badge would be opposite side. :)

Archived