HH 53: Titan Death by Guy Haley

• 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to this one. I'm reading Dark Imperium right now, and Ithink that when Hayley's good, he's good enough to make something like this work. I'm just hoping it overcomes the problem I have whenever I read about titans, which is that I'm not reading Titanicus and I wish I was. (looking at you, Warlord)

Haley's Sanguinius left me underwhelmed in Pharos. Hope he does better here.

Imperium Secundus Sanguinius was disapointing overall. The :cuss  was he doing the whole :cuss time?

The part I did like was how Sangy flies around to clear his head and "buzzes the tower" for amusement.

It's the regular hardback price. Slaves to Darkness had the same, as did Heralds of the Siege. Or rather, they were straight £20. The ebooks are £9.99

We will see this weekend I think. Those books you mentioned were 30 USD hardback, Titandeath is showing right now as 34.99 USD for the eBook on the BL website (though who knows how correct anything is on their website lately, and as someone mentioned above that's hopefully the hardback price not the eBook).

I don't think they even list the ebook price on BL before the preorders actually start. Titandeath can't be preordered right now.

There've been a bunch of errors with recent Coming Soon listings, mind. The price is only $5 higher than the usual HH hardback in the US, which doesn't say much when books like Vengeful Spirit bumped it up beyond the norm as well, so if this one's gonna be over the usual length, that might explain it. Alternatively, it might be the audiobook price (which has actually gone down from $50 to $31 a while back....).

The ebooks recently have all been $16, and I don't see this changing to this degree. BL simply has monkeys working in their web department. Not even the Jokaero kind, just regular old monkeys.

Speaking of Imperium Secundus, I kind of missed that whole thing. I know the broad strokes of what happens there, but I'm not sure if I ned to back up and read the relevant novels before moving on to this one when it's available. I kind of hope not, since what I've seen about that arc suggests I wouldn't find it very interesting. I'm going to read Praetorian of Dorn prior to this and save Slaves to Darkness until afterwards - I should be fine, right?

Up for pre-order now, for release next week: https://www.blacklibrary.com/all-products/the-horus-heresy-titan-death-ebook.html

Strangely the ebook is up for £19.99, while the french version is only £8.99 and most other heresy books are the usual £7.99 to £9.99. Also it doesn't seem to be for sale on amazon or ibooks. If this isn't a sneaky doubling of price on a random heresy release, something weird's going on and/or BL just can't properly manage a book's release on their own website.

At least when displaying US prices the ebook is more expensive than the hardback. Absolute nonsense.

Edit: Definitely a pricing error. The iBooks and kindle versions are $15.99 as usual.

https://www.amazon.com/Horus-Heresy-Titan-Death-ebook/dp/B07KP9QYZR/ref=mp_s_a_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1544265506&sr=8-16&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=guy+haley

Edited by cheywood

Nice find, I was having no luck searching 'titandeath' as one word. Can't say I love buying from amazon but oh well.

Thanks! ‘Titandeath’ returned no results for either service so I scrolled through Haley’s books until I found it. Book’s not up for download till next Saturday if you want to give BL a week to work it out. Probably what I’m gonna do.

Edited by cheywood

No way am I the only one, but I sent an email and the price is amended to the usual $/£/€. Be the incredibly small change you want to see in the world.

BL’s customer service is consistently awesome on the rare occasion I’ve had to contact them I should add.

Edited by cheywood

Well at least the ebook is the usual price now, thanks!

Looking forward to this one. Haven’t read a HH book since “Master of Mankind”. Before that it was “Know no fear”. It will be interesting to see how things have progressed. But really I’m here for the Adeptus Titanicus lore.

detail on 6 legions

It's kinda strange because that number of Legions can't cover all major participants of the Titandeath (Mortis, Fureans, Vulpa, Krytos, Solaria, Defensor, Atarus and Astorum). In this case, two of them will have to be removed from the book.

I remember there were different rumors about number of Legions in the Titandeath: from 6 to 8 or even 10. Did you talk with FW team guys?