Best Terminator Sculpts

RandyB

Are we talking indomitus pattern or hobby wide? As a fan of MK IV I really like Tartaros and you can usually find them for cheap on ebay from Burning of Prospero splits.

I would say any of the Blood Angels Terminators. The Blood angels assault Terminators are great as is the BA Terminator librarian. The Space Hulk Terminators have been around for a while now but there are some great sculpts in that as well.

From Forgeworld, I love the Legion Praetor Terminator.

Lugft Huron (from FW) is a nice sculpt, despite having some years, and it does not have that many Chapter-specific symbols in the body, you'll just have to find new arms and shoulder pads for him. I'll post a couple pictures, as just today I've started trying a couple things with him.

EDIT: Here they are:

nwQpuqJ.jpg?1

m7tG1Rc.jpg

Lugft was caught up in Last Chance to Buy, though wasn't he?

The BA ones and the new ones for sale in Japan as collectibles take the Indomitus crown.

Thankfully, Huron is still available, the one that went LCTB was Commander Culln. It was probably the least sold Badab terminator character (compared with Huron and Tyberos), and he's canonically interred in a Leviathan chassis, so it was "understandable" that he got the axe.

The Deathwing and Blood angel terminator sets are the best, the detail in both kits is amazing.

The upcoming Japan heroes series 2 terminators look amazing as well, although they are not out yet.

The plastic Tartators and Cataphractii kits are also very good with excellent detail.

The Space Wolf terminator set is not bad.  It has lots of characterful parts for space wolves.  But its a bit older and produced with earlier molding technology, so some of the detail is not very clear, and is distorted around the sides.  Also big mold lines.

The standard terminator kits (normal and assault), whilst a nice design, suffer from very soft detail compared to modern kits, and don't look great compared to the more recent kits.  The kits are 13 years old and from the pre-CAD/laser cut mold era, this is why they are this way.

All of the plastic terminator characters GW are great.

Honourable mention to the space hulk terminators, they are also really nice - if you can get hold of them.

Has to be the Space Marine Heroes series 2 miniatures. The first series changed my opinion on single pose miniatures and I can't wait to get my hands on the Terminator set. If we're talking about kits that are available now then Id go for the Tartaros Terminators. I like the design more and 'fluff' wise they fit neatly in the 41st Millennium. My only bugbear with them though is that the plastic kits don't have a Crux Terminatus badge which, for a lore stickler like me, is annoying.

The one thing that annoys me is molds that have the piping on the rear of the legs turn into slopes/blend into the legs.  Kinda screws everything up if you, say, paint them a different color, or use a wash.  I dunno about most kits, but the problem is present in the 'vanilla' Termies as well as GK Termies.  I'm a bit obsessive when I paint, but that seems like something that should bug even ordinary people. :tongue.:

FW Plague Marine Death Guard terminator conversion set. 

OQBCjtU.png?1

I wanted some of these guys so bad when they first came out and the only thing that stopped me was that it was a conversion kit. The Nurgle'd out armor just looked weird on legs that were spotless and it would take quite a lot of work to get the plastic pieces to match. 

Archived