New Argent Shroud Player

dracpanzer

Long story short, the Valorous Heart Sisters army that I started in 2ed was misplaced by a friend who had borrowed it during 4ed for an Apoc style game. With my entire Sisters force having gone missing, I started collecting again and eventually in 5ed embarked on painting up an army from the Order of the Argent Shroud. I never really stopped collecting models, and when I finally came upon remnants of my missing Valorous Heart army (large parts of it had apparently been traded or sold off) I was able to secure them once again to my care.

I let them sit on the shelf, lamenting at their fractured state and the abuse of their paint job. It wasn't until the 2016 ETL that I began working on getting them back in form. It took me roughly 15 months and burned up a large part of the Sisters I had collected over the years to fill them out. Ever since 8ed has dropped they have been lighting fires all over, especially dear to me because they were my second GW army, and inside their ranks are the first non RBT06 GW figs I ever worked on.

Since that point though, my Argent Shroud army has been sitting on the shelf. Yesterday at the club I met someone who was looking for Sisters and didn't want to wait for 2019 and Emperor Willing and all that. Being of a certain age the old models still held a sentimental value to him and in watching me play my game we worked out a deal for him to purchase the Argent Shroud force. I took a few pictures while making sure I wasn't forgetting anything. Throwing them up here as a farewell to a force I played for the better part of a decade and will hopefully serve their new owner as well as they did me.

med_gallery_53617_12047_8637.jpg

med_gallery_53617_12047_95368.jpg

med_gallery_53617_12047_229648.jpg

med_gallery_53617_12047_215787.jpg

med_gallery_53617_12047_136473.jpg

med_gallery_53617_12047_70872.jpg

med_gallery_53617_12047_222741.jpg

med_gallery_53617_12047_82800.jpg

med_gallery_53617_12047_75308.jpg

med_gallery_53617_12047_268069.jpg

Wow, that’s super generous of you (even though you’re getting some cash out of it)!

That’s a very nice looking paint job, especially since it’s proper white outside and red inside robes :D Thanks for sharing!

(Very belated) condolences about your Valorous Heart army, that sounds very un-fun, to put it lightly.

I’ve painted a few models recently so I can properly call myself a Valorous Heart player too now :P I need to get some half decent pictures of them so I can post them here.

I’ve painted a few models recently so I can properly call myself a Valorous Heart player too now :P I need to get some half decent pictures of them so I can post them here.

I would ask dracpanzer for permission first before posting anything in this topic, otherwise you should start a topic of your own.

That said, collected together, they look great ^_^ Such a shame that your Valorous Heart went missing :(

Do you intend on getting any new Sisters when the time comes? :smile.:

My rebuilt crusade Sisters has a contingent from each of the original six Orders.  It's currently sitting at about 3k in points.

I still have 150ish Sisters models in a box that have either been stripped or never painted.  If a new unit does arrive, and I cannot convert it from the old existing models.  I might get some of the new plastic models that allow that unit.  Mind you, I'm pretty used to converting metal models and enjoy the experience.  So who knows.  I have a hang up about model size within units, and if the new plastics aren't dead ringers for height as the old ones, I will avoid getting them.

That's a beautiful looking army!

I love all the various hair colours (the fiery orange on the gemine especially) and all the different power weapon shades.

Your vehicles look superb as well! I've always struggled with painting silver vehicles, how to include enough detailing to make it pop without making it look like bare metal. Yours look great! Love the exorcist front armour panels on all the immolators, really ties the vehicles together.

Thanks for sharing, always sad to see an army go but it sounds like it will be going to a good home!

Archived