1.5k starter list help - Salamanders

Henimann

Hey everybody,

While a Guard player at heart,  a good two thirds of the members of my local gaming group are die-hard Heresy players.  They have been trying to convince me to get into Heresy for a while, I figured I could start with the Salamanders.

After trading off some older models, and splurging a bit on Forge World, I'm looking to build a list using the below models.  

- Praetor in Cataphractii Armor with combi-volkite and thunder hammer

- Mk II command set (Captain with thunder hammer and standard bearer - was an impulse purchase since they were Last Chance at the time)

- 20 Mk 3 Marines from BoP, along with a FW Mk 3 melee weapons kit (swapped the third squad for the below upgrade kits)

- 5 Tartaros Terminators from BoP

- 1 Firedrakes Terminator Squad from FW

- 2 legion flamer sets, 1 upgrade kit each for volkite chargers and volkite culverins (the heavy support version).  All from FW.

- 5-man heavy support squad with multi-meltas (gift from another player. already painted) 

I am shooting to start with 1500 points, and expand from there.  I would like to use what I have already, but have wiggle room to get more models as needed to fill out the list.  Any suggestions are appreciated!  

• 4 weeks later...

Well you are clearly going to need more power armored bodies to use those upgrade kits.

You need to look at RoW. Becuase right now you could either build the 20 guys you have a veterans or tacticals. Based of what you can actually build right now I would say do veterans. Run them and all your Terminators and get the Legion Contemptor and you are probably getting real close to 1500pts.

Archived