Vs Eldar questions

WickedJester1013

Indirect fire from Plagueburst Crawlers is good against Eldar. If I were tailoring a list, I’d probably add 2-3 Foul Blightspawn. They’re great at melting flyers.

Positional play is extremely important against Eldar. They are a lot faster than DG and will probability have indirect with Dark Reapers.

Also be aware of their flyers as they are very good at character sniping using poor positioning against you.

Ok, I figured they would dance around my slower forces. I don’t have any crawlers yet, but I have a couple bloat drones I thought would work well with plague spitters.

I thought about taking a daemon prince with a plague caster, then units of PM and walkers, but from what I’m hearing the pox walkers are kinda poopy now. Maybe several squads of marines with blight launchers an Melta guns, then cultist with bravery stunner to camp back objectives.

I dont know how tough you plan your game to be, but plague marine are only marginaly better than PoxWalkers.

If he takes dark eldar, the T5 is a liability.

Plague marine worked for me either basic with bolters hoding back objective, or melee in a rhino. Never got anywhere with shooting options unless I have leftover points.

Like Prot said, PBc is gold.

I would add drones with spitter are exellent. And so is the BlightSpawn.

I have succes with a rhino, 5-7 melee P.Marine with biologus, it also ferry the spawns and Plague caster. Add your 2-3 drones and maybe some cultist to hold the backline. A DP is a must, its the allstar of chaos. That should be about 1000 point.

Eldar get multiple -1 that get countered by flammers, -1 at > 12" countered by short range treat. Psychic Mortal wounds countered by DR.

He plays pure eldar, and not very competitive lists. I figured a 7 man squad with two blight launchers to sit on forward objectives and heavy stunner cultist to sit on back field. The Bolter Fire would work decent vs the elves and blight launchers add some range and anti light vehicle.

I’m having problems dealing with massive raider-spamming DED too. Too many dark lances. Hard time to be a DG player. :sad.:

I've had to put up with a lot of that in the last months.... The thing to keep in mind is this is a top tournament build really. So it's not just Death Guard 'focused'. It just feels that way because we pay for T5, and FnP and that element of our survivability is seriously tested against DE. The same goes for the massed blasters, and lances. It's brutal on everyone.

I had to face a few in tournament and competitive play and really I find you have to score early, and try to outlast their speed while tying up as much as you can. (easier said than done I know)

I faced mixed Aeldari lists cherry picking the best of both worlds... you absolutely have to pick your poison (pun intended). Miss-matching units in a game vs Aeldari, etc is brutal. The Psychic phase can be big here too.

Archived