Hiro's Raptors Chapter Project

Hiroitchi

The new models are well done. Is one on the left converted from a Deathwatch model?

Actually no it is not a Deathwatch Model. Just bits I kitbashed together from the extra stuff I had. Like I said I'm working on my backlog of models that I haven't gotten finished. So far these are the models that I have finished.

The Terminators here are from a set that I put together back in 2013

gallery_61925_15403_153322.jpg

My completed Raptors so far

gallery_61925_15403_114181.jpg

So I made a slight change to my invictor war suit...

gallery_61925_15403_280472.jpg

I managed to add magnets to the torso so I can transport them easier in my case. Then I personally found that I didn't have to add magnets to the joint of the right arm just to switch weapons. All I needed to do is just cut the numbs of the gear connector. Now time to slap some paint and then go back to my backlog.

Finally got some time to post some progress. I finally finished those two warsuits and now they have weapons that I can change out and I can transport them easily now.

gallery_61925_15403_214954.jpg

Next up are these terminators... old conversion I started with back in 2014 and well I think I have gotten better. Still a WIP, but so far I am satisfied with the results.

gallery_61925_15403_220655.jpg

Thanks guys, I'm just waiting for the infiltrators box to release and I guess I'm done. Speaking of done these guys are done and now I might have to see what else I can update.. maybe scouts and scout bikes... hmmm backlog.. lol

gallery_61925_15403_43960.jpg

Top: 2014 Paint job; Bottom: 2019 Paint Job

The Terminators are well done. Your painting skills evidently improved between 2014 and now.

Thanks man. I'll be working on some Primaris scouts while waiting for the incrusor/infiltrator box set to release. I think I'm going to retire my old scouts.

99120599011_NECPalaniteEnforcerPatrol01.

So Each enforcer box has 6 Bolters, 6 Shot Guns, 2 Sniper rifles, and 2 pistol poses. I might get two of these boxes so I can get 2x 5 man Bolter squads, 2x Shotgun Squads, 1x 5x man Sniper Squad, and 1x C&C Scout squads. I have enough spare Primaris heads and spare eliminator heads. Various other bits. Thoughts?

I have an idea how to do this kit bash. I decided to pull the trigger.

Edit: (Add) Since I have scouts from 5th edition and they are kitted that way. Any suggestions how I should kit these CP battery guys for 8th Edition Raven Guard / Raptors

Edited by Hiroitchi

Is the bike sgt crashing and shooting while he flies off?

Yes you are seeing that correctly. That Scout Sergeant on the bike is using his foot to also control his bike. I was getting froggy when I modeled him in 2014. I am almost done with them. Just have to finish basing and yeah.

gallery_61925_15403_179563.jpg

so yes those are my sternguard up front. however below are my projects for this week starting tonight. wish me luck.

gallery_61925_15403_186739.jpg

Yeap I pulled the trigger on Enforcers covered into scouts.

So I can confirm, there is no Helix adept in the infiltrators box set. Only way to get them is through the shadow spear box or convert them.

That's really weird? Especially since it's in the codex too... Wonder if it'll be a separate model?

So I can confirm, there is no Helix adept in the infiltrators box set. Only way to get them is through the shadow spear box or convert them.

That's really weird? Especially since it's in the codex too... Wonder if it'll be a separate model?

yeah it does seem weird. how ever I used spare bits from my Primaris Apothecary to make my 2nd Helix Adept. I then had enough parts to make 12 infiltrators. However with the new codex I am now going to use three easy build reivers and convert them into infiltrators, so I can have another squad of infiltrators. If you have enough bodies you can make 15 infiltrators/incursors out of 1 box of infiltrators. Just a food for thought. Now I have 3x 5 man infiltrators and 2x 5 man incursor squads. to round out my Brigade troop choice, I'll have my enforcers converted to space marine scouts.

gallery_61925_15403_84924.jpg

Edit: had to add the photo of WIP

Edited by Hiroitchi

Well time to slap some paint on these guys when I get time throughout the week. These are what the Enforcers look like and I'm pretty happy that kit bashing of any sort isnt neeed. I do not intend to have these guys equipped with any camo cloaks, just bare bones CP battery Bolter Scouts. Thoughts?

gallery_61925_15403_4251.jpg

The enforcer models are fantastic. But I wonder if there’s anything simple you could do to make them not obviously enforcer models. A head swap maybe? I don’t know. From looking through your blog I feel like you have the same innate dislike to leave a model stock that I have, but I’m not quite sure what I would do with those since the base model is beautiful.

The enforcer models are fantastic. But I wonder if there’s anything simple you could do to make them not obviously enforcer models. A head swap maybe? I don’t know. From looking through your blog I feel like you have the same innate dislike to leave a model stock that I have, but I’m not quite sure what I would do with those since the base model is beautiful.

I considered a head swap and tried it and we’ll I was like nope. It didn’t look right to me. I’m plan on getting these guys finished today. I was considering adding extra parts though like pouches, knives, etc. just depends. I totally agree with you on how they look stock. It’s just too good looking of a model and the helmets mirror intercessors so well.

Edit: So I didnt get to finish these guys today, but they're getting there

gallery_61925_15403_94208.jpg

Edited by Hiroitchi