Hiro's Raptors Chapter Project

Hiroitchi

So its been a couple of days and I have been pretty busy. Life put a pause on my hobbying, but I now have some time to work on my projects. So here are some of the finished Whirlwinds, a Chaplain Jovan WIP and a Veteran Primaris LT with Ex Tenebris. I decided to go with the rule of cool and try not to Convert much from the Store Anniversary Model and the 30th Anniversary Model. So in regards to Chaplain Jovan. I decided to try and attempt at painting the skull face on him and his helmet. C&C is welcome as these are still WIP and not finished.

gallery_61925_15403_38054.jpg

Left to right Primaris LT, Chaplin Jovan

gallery_61925_15403_42931.jpg

Whirlwinds...

Ita been a few days and I figure its about time I posted something. Here are the things I finished week with what limited time I had. C&C is welcome

gallery_61925_15403_78622.jpg

Chaplain Jovan posing over the body of a dead ork.

gallery_61925_15403_193645.jpg

And here are my Impulsors with my attempt at OSL

So I am starting to wind down with my Raptors as I am getting near to the finish line to getting my Raptors collection finished. I am missing a few squads/models to do. I got a full squad of Aggressors with flamers to purchase so Easy build here I come. Then I got 1 ten man squad of Tactical Marines converting to Sternguard to slap paint on and 15 Scouts to finish off for the same treatment. I found some beaten Landspeeder storms in a box that I'll update, repair, and paint for my display case. The two remaining whirlwinds and the Pred still has a few things to paint on and the remaining 7 Scout Bikes that need updating. After that, my Raptors are done for awhile till the Suppressors get their own box and possibly my own conversion of a Smash Captain using Primaris Shrike, again because of reasons. This thought process came about after staring at the shield dome options for my impulsors and how bland they look. So well I slapped more paint on them.

gallery_61925_15403_81287.jpg

I mioght add the same snow treatment I did for my 2nd Company Whirlwinds. Thoughts?

I like the dome details.

FYI on the ETB Aggressors you only get flamers. If you want the boltstorm gauntlet you need the full kit.

Thanks man, as for the aggressors I am aware. It’s a 10 bucks difference from getting the kit vs 2 ETB aggressors. I need the flamer aggressors anyways. I’m getting tempted to MoA them with a Chaplin maybe.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Bjorn. I apperciate the CC and I'll take your suggestion into consideration. Anyways, its been awhile yes. I started work on a non Adeptus Astartes army and started work on some Soritas. Yes, some Sister of Battle. However I am debating on posting my work on them in the Soritas forum because well I love me my Raptors. I did make a Smash Captain because well I never had one and I have Shrike. Sorry my RG brothers.

gallery_61925_15403_49249.jpg

Primaris Smash Captain

gallery_61925_15403_29159.jpg

Basecoat finished and almost done with his base.

Nice work. I'm getting bits together for my own smash captain right now. I thought about using Shrike but I think I want a non-phobos body for mine.

Looks great, can't go wrong with the new Shrike Back Pack!!

I appreciate the compliments guys. I really do. That's what keeps me going from being bored is ya'll on this forum and I really appreciate it. I finished my Smash Captain today.

gallery_61925_15403_71749.jpg

There is something really cool to me about how you modeled him choked up on the hammer's shaft.

Thanks man. I had to figure out how to model him without really looking like Shrike. I love the Shrike model don’t get me wrong, but as a Raptor Player, can’t use em. TBH I wanted to do less cutting off of the DW heavy Thunder Hammer so I just snipped the left hand off the handle and attached the lower part of the hilt to the other end. I didn’t have Green stuff to hide the lines so I used a Purity Seal from the Reiver set to cover up the seam. Then I used the Reiver skull helmet less head to replace Kayvan Shrike’s emo head and added the comm part from the incursors/Infiltrators box set head. The Arms are straight from the DW box set. I had bits from the DW kill team Mordelai box set. The base is from Necromunda 40mm bade and the dead demon was from the AOS Storm knight box set. Now to think of a name for him... he recently got back from his time with the Deathwatch and made into a 1st Company Captain.

Decided to change out the Instigator Bolt Carbines for some Bolt rifles.. kind decided if I am going to get charged I done messed up somewhere.

gallery_61925_15403_157081.jpg

Then I decided to work on my ETB aggressors that I was talking about and well here is the WIP

gallery_61925_15403_66791.jpg

Thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

Just went through this whole thread got some excellent painting and conversions!! The smash captain is neat, and the tanks are nicely done. The interior of them are a cool addition, the weathering looks pretty cool too!!

Thanks man I appreciate your comment. I have been painting whenever I can especially during the winter with the holidays bouncing everywhere.

This is going to be long but thought I'd share on what's left of my 2nd Company to paint and what I recently finished.

med_gallery_61925_15403_140687.jpg

The Flamestorm Aggressors has been finished, I started to try some rust effects on the necromunda bases. I'll be applying varnish to all my 2nd Company when the weather gets better.

gallery_61925_15403_58755.jpg

Got a Repulsor Executioner and found an extra Raptors FW Rhino door. Decided to mod to fit. and well its a pretty decent fit, just a little bit of trimming here and there.

gallery_61925_15403_130456.jpg

gallery_61925_15403_115456.jpg

gallery_61925_15403_64071.jpg

gallery_61925_15403_2486.jpg

Added I added the decals halfway through to try something different for my process. I then some weathering effects and started on some OSL lights.

gallery_61925_15403_102854.jpg

gallery_61925_15403_12043.jpg

gallery_61925_15403_22738.jpg

gallery_61925_15403_79422.jpg

I worked on more of the OSL and more of the weathering effects of the decals. I simply used the same sponge technique with the administratum grey by matching the hull color to get the chipped paint look off the decals. Overall pretty satisfied. I even based with snow to mirror the rest of my army and impulsors.

Edited by Hiroitchi

Hiro I love you army, keep up the great work!!  How have we never crossed paths in Colorado!?!?  The gaming community is so small LOL!!  Well feel free to PM our Raptors can meet on the field of battle for a "training exercise."  Nothing like some friendly competition between two companies! :biggrin.:

Brian 

>>initializing Battle Report Taskforce Osprey Raptors Chapter 2nd Company

++Warzone: Haven++

++Operational Command: Chaplain Jovan++

>>>Personnel Assets:

Codicer Kylo

Captain Karota

Lieutenant Laufrey

4th Squad "Infiltrators"

6th Squad "Incursors

7th Squad "Incrursors"

9th Squad Eliminators

10th Squad "Infiltrators"

11th Squad "Impulsors"

12th Squad "Repulsors"

16th Squad "Aggressors"

- Brother Kol 17th Squad "Invictor Warsuit"

- Brother Olys 19th Squad "Invictor Warsuit"

20th Squad "Eliminators"

>>10th Company Assests

2x Combat Scout Squads

>>>Vehicle Assets:

2x - Invictor Warsuits

2x - Impulsors

1x - Repulsor Executioner

>>Known Enemy Assets: Unknown Dark Angels Deathwing Taskforce

Grand Master "Belial"

Deathwing Apothecary

Primaris Libarian

Primaris Lieutenant

5-man Deathwing Knights Squad

10-Man Deathwing Terminator Squad

2x 5-man Intercessor Squads

1x 5-man Hellblaster Squad

1x 5-man Scout Squad

1x Land Raider

1x Knight

>>Begin Report>> Chaplain Jovan. 

Just before day sundown, I personally went to investigate local reports of Heretic Astartes activity in the area of Haven called Remag. I took a contingent of the Company with me. Upon reaching the area, we had found a small band of Heretic Astartes in the area and they were quickly dispatched. What is odd about these Heretics is the symbol they bore unlike any Chaotic Regiment we are familiar with surrounding the Maelstorm. With closer inspection, the symbol mirrored that of the 1st Legion, the Dark Angels. A wounded survivor was found and as we begin interrogation procedures, our perimeter alarms and explosions rocked our makeshift encampment. Captain Karota informs me that we are to receive guests momentarily and I gave the order to welcome them accordingly.

The rumble of a Land raider and the sounds of metal denote their arrival from the northern area. Our scouts reported a Dark Angels Thunderhawk that was responsible for our light show moments ago has landed. Odd, I had heard reports of fellow Astartes engaging others with no provacation; but to see it once more brings since Badaab brings a few questions for a later date. Nonetheless this shall go unanswered.  The Dark Angels comprised of a Land Raider, 5 Intercessors, 5 Hellblasters, a Lieutenant, and a Librarian take their center. They demand any prisoner we have captured.

I take with me three Aggressors to speak with would be attackers along with the Prisoner. As we approach the Dark Angels Center. I hear reports from Brother Kol and 1st Scout Squad that a combat squad of Dark Angel Intecessors are taking overwatch positons on our left flank. Captain Karota who took 20th Squad and Brother Olys with him reports that a Combat Squad of Scouts has take the same positions on the right flank. Curios. Our encampment is located on our left flank and our center within a few buildings; this where we have the bulk of our forces laying in wait. Codicer Kylo takes to our center with Squads 7th and 4th in toe while 3rd Scout Squad is providing their eyes with the scopes of their rifles. Nine meters is where we have berth from the center of the Dark Angels force. They demand the prisoner once more and questions us if we spoke to him. I respond with a yes. The Librarian immediately executes the prisoner right before me and the glow of the Hellblasters preparing to fire was apparent. I made the call for our snipers to engage the Dark Angels forces that mean me and my brothers harm.

I ordered the Impulsors to impress their advance, but the rest to hold their positions. Codicer Kylo used his gifts of the warp to damage the Land Raider. Given our advantageous positions, our Eliminators and Captain Karota quickly dispatched the command leadership within moments. The Aggressors who had accompanied me felled three of Hellblasters before us. Brother Kol does the same for the Intercessors attempting to set up their overwatch positions. Brother Olys dispatches all but one Scout with a heavy bolter on the ruins of the right flank who later retreats his postion due to loosing his leadership. Our Repulsor Executioner and the Impulsors engaged the Land Raider and turning it to a heap of burning metal. The Squads that accompanied Codicer Kylo killed three intercessors from the Dark Angels Center. I  then charged with the Aggreessors felling one more Dark Angels HellBlaster and the rest of the Intercessors from the center. Brother Kol charges the intercessors ahead of him. Bolter rounds ricohet off his armor. The sounds of Dark Angel Marines being ripped apart within the forest of our left flank can be heard as echoes through our comms.

Through the burning wreckage of the Land Raider, five tall clandestine figures emerage. Hammers and Flails shimmer from the light of the burning husk; their shields do not hide their intentions. They move closer to the center of our flank and their heavy footsteps thunder quickly indicating their ominous intent. As they charge the center the Squads garrisoned within the building take positions and hold as they lay fire at their would be attackers. A mine planted by our incursors earlier managed to kill one of them. The Knights of the Dark Angels Deathwing crash into our center and I can hear the sounds of my brothers fall. For every two of us, one of them is taken. They are a formindable foe. All that remains of our center are Infiltrator Sergeant Drysk, three of the Incursors, the Scout Squad, and Codicer Kylo. The remaining forces of the Dark Angels center has met their bloody end as the remaining Hellblaster Sergeant fights bravely to the bitter end. 

Thunder and lightning erupt from the sky. Eleven large humanoid figures and shapes can be seen through the outskirts of the forest in the left flank. Brother Kol reports of seeing more Deathwing Terminators arrive in the battlefield. The ground shakes and the loose rubble rolls to the feet of my brothers as a Knight rushes from behind us. Thinking we are being reinforced, the Knight turns our Repulsor Executioner into nothing more than a crater. Codier Kylo sees this first hand and uses his gifts to wound the metal behemoth. Cyclone Missiles from the Deathwing Terminatore severly damages one of the Impulsors to the point that it starts suffering structural instability.

Captain Karota gives the order for the Eliminators accompanying him to engage the knight and assist him in hopes to slow its lumbering advance. Rounds hit the mark, but to not enough to slow it down. The Eliminators of the left flank notice that a Grandmaster Belial is on the battlefield and he is quickly dispatched. Lieutenant Laufrey places three rounds to the head of their Deathwing Apothecary using the relic called Ex Tenebris. The Impulsors bring one more Deathwing Terminator down. Unfortunately this was not enough to save brother Kol as the Deathwing terminators despite loosing two of their number through the hail of bolter fire from the Incursors and Infiltrators. Brother Kol makes his stand against the remaining eight Terminators as they rip him from the Warsuit and eliminate him from existence. The core of the Warsuit explodes and the shards of the wreckage kill two more terminators. However Codicer Kylo slices through the remaining Deathwing Knight that killed the entirety of the Infilitrator squad. As the dust settles in the center building, only the scout squad Incursor Sergeant Aevar, and Codicer Kylo remain.

The Knight charges the Impulsors and the scout squad. Its massive feet prove that the Scouts have no match against the Knight. There can be nothing done for them. The impulsors have managed to wound the massive knight, but as one explodes to the destructive fists of the knight chunks of metal rips through the legs of the Knight. As the Impulsor moves away from the Knight the rest of our forces take their sights against this massive metal behemoth. Our Eliminators, Captain Karota and Lieutenant Laufrey kills the pilot  by shere volume of fire aimed at its cockpit. The husk lays in active. I advance with my Aggressors towards the left flank to meet the terminators. Our Infltrators and Incursors of our Left Flank bring one more Terminator down to the ground. The scouts from our center set their sights of their sniper rifles and kill one more Terminator. I charged the remaining four Deathwing Terminators with my aggressors and through sheer will eliminate the remaining Dark Angels forces. This was an uncessary battle and it questions what provoked the attack by the Dark Angels. Belial's body was not found after the engagement. Will send this report to the Chapter Monastery for review.

<<End Report>>

Thanks guys for reading. Got a birthday present sent in. I’ll post it for a WIP since we’ll let’s get ready for Armies on Parade 2020. Pretty stoked since this may complete the look for my Raptors force for this year.