Hiro's Raptors Chapter Project

Hiroitchi

So here it is, finally arrive and well since I have time on my hands.. lets get some work done. Here is what it looks like after unboxing and well went to work at it immediately

med_gallery_61925_15403_23051.jpg

Yes that is what it looks like a Realm of Battle Board

now to soak and scrub.

gallery_61925_15403_15532.jpg

lol my kids wont mind hahaha..

Did some work yesturday and last night. After soaking and scrubbing for about an hour I got started with some rattle cans.

gallery_61925_15403_23429.jpg

I had used black primer and some wraith bone. I like the look of the wraithbone over black primer because it does look like some snow weathered look. I dunno. Pretty satisfied with it.

gallery_61925_15403_64631.jpg

Then I started to add some color. I'll touch up the details later. So far so good and starting to look table ready.

gallery_61925_15403_90128.jpg

I added a slight attempt at OSL and then added some snow with mudd effects. I even got brave and used a little pigments here and there. Still some small detailing to do but its table ready.

gallery_61925_15403_92743.jpg

I got excited and added my tanks to see how it all comes together. Boy does it come together. Now to add the details.. I'll do more work on it today.

Looks great! Simple but effective techniques the perfect kind :thumbsup:

Good luck at the event!

Thanks, this will be my first ever Armies on Parade so yeah.. I have time should I need to change anything or fix anything should something happen. Its my first time working with a FW game tile. I'll save up for the Rebout because well that thing just looks cool and I'll be slowly working my way up to 6 tiles and have a 6x4 table. Simple Techniques are the best at times.

That looks really good. Did you flock the snow or is that painted?

I used both actually. I knew I had limited PVA and there is so much that a 50/50 mix of PVA can go. I used rattle can spray paint to get a base effect of snow.

Good job on the terrain. Is it supposed to be a field maintenance facility for the Chapter's vehicles?

Thanks man I appreciate it. Well its actually the rear part of the Primaris Redoubt. I'm making a 6x4 Table using the FW boards as a project now that I got the display finished. Yes due to your post I was inspired to ass coolant leak.

gallery_61925_15403_900916.jpg

Nice looking terrain and diorama with the other models!!

I appreciate the Compliment man. I added a third layer of snow. I felt as though it needed it. This is the finished Realm of Battle Board from FW.

gallery_61925_15403_101431.jpg

So far so good. The woodland Scenic Cement work wonderfully for the snow. I cant wait to start working on the other boards so that my Raptors can have a place to fight on and hopefully look cool on.

So going through my old stuff I stumbled on an old project when I wanted to play Space Wolves. I found 6x Razorback twin Heavy Bolter Turrets from forgeworld. I decided to get cracking on this while I wait for a tile to dry. I thought hey I can use taranulas in a Primaris force for a Brigade. Pretty happy with the results.

gallery_61925_15403_139265.jpg

Here are the Forge World Twin Heavy Bolter Razorback turrets still in their blisters.

gallery_61925_15403_54156.jpg

After a wash and scrub. I put it together and then did a test fit with the base. So far so good. As I look at the bases; I thought to myself well lets make it look more like raptors without looking crazy gaudy.

gallery_61925_15403_60013.jpg

So I started to put the decals of Raptors insignias on it. I even felt brave on trying NMM on the aquillas and some of the skulls.

gallery_61925_15403_53640.jpg

Painted the base colors and will start highlights and drybrushing Iron Warriors on the exposed metallic parts. I even wen ahead and started applying decals after the paint was dry.

gallery_61925_15403_34234.jpg

I put more detail and added lights for the lenses. So these tarantulas are done, but do I have to base them?

Those models look great and you did a awesome job painting them up too!

Do regular ones go on bases? Would give them more pop and will avoid some complaints I guess

Although I agree with you, regular tarantulas did not come with a base,

Those models look great and you did a awesome job painting them up too!

Do regular ones go on bases? Would give them more pop and will avoid some complaints I guess

Actually these dont go on regular bases, I mean I can but its not necessary since the actualy models dont come with bases. I mean I can fit them on 40mm bases thats for sure and I agree with you. In the meantime I crashed a Raptors Thunderhawk...

gallery_61925_16108_55817.jpg