A broken Wolf

mactire

Brothers, I return to the Aett in shame, for the first time since it's inception, I have failed in my vow to the Vlka. In order to redeem myself I have vowed to partake in a Long Hunt and will not return to Fenris until my duty is done. 

This is where I ask for your help, I ask any of you that completed your vows to propose a punishment vow that I shall undertake to redeem myself in the eyes of the GreatWolf. 

All ideas will be entertained and one will be chosen before the end of the month. I also extend the offer to Capt. Semper to propose his own punishment vow as the organiser of the ETL.

I await your suggestions. 

I think that a fitting vow for a Long Hunt would be to take a model from every force outside the Imperium and have to paint them up.

Maybe have the other forums put up a vote for what model they would want to see from their Faction. This of course must be within reason and not have things like a Stormsurge or Magnus voted for as that would be too much. i am thinking infantry model (character or otherwise).

I think it should be a constructive punishment. I would propose that you must complete your vow BUT you need to demonstrate something new technique wise. Learn something youve always wanted to do, freehand, decals, wet blend, etc. Then use your vow as a sort of final report.

This way we get a stronger brother for next year and you can still be proud of your late vow!

So Mactire, are you taking part since ETL I? Wow! Maybe then this is for you:

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_Medal_06.gif

So, apart from that, a penance vow... hmm.. 

Well, it should be demeaning and painful, but also short and sweet. My penance vow was to paint up Cypher to the best of my ability - but at least it was one mini. so in that vein, I propose you paint Ahriman in all his glory! It'll be a challenge for sure - a highly complex mini - and most likely you'll never use it in a game (unless you secretly are a Tzeentch worshipper :P) but it will always remind you of the time you failed your ETL vow for the Wolves!

Don't do to rushed job either - go there and do the best you can! 

So Mactire, are you taking part since ETL I? Wow! Maybe then this is for you:

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_Medal_06.gif

So, apart from that, a penance vow... hmm.. 

Well, it should be demeaning and painful, but also short and sweet. My penance vow was to paint up Cypher to the best of my ability - but at least it was one mini. so in that vein, I propose you paint Ahriman in all his glory! It'll be a challenge for sure - a highly complex mini - and most likely you'll never use it in a game (unless you secretly are a Tzeentch worshipper :tongue.:) but it will always remind you of the time you failed your ETL vow for the Wolves!

Don't do to rushed job either - go there and do the best you can! 

Haha brutal!

Cheers Capt. punishment accepted, Ahriman it is then. Also I don't feel right about the sixth medallion since I failed my vow, I have the fifth for now as I earned it. I will await more suggestions from my wolf brothers.

Now Mactire, you'll always hold a place in my heart regarding ETL. You had a couple of them where you asked for volunteers from the forum to name their bits, then you assembled a model and then painted it with their names. Community building at its finest if you ask me. Seconded only perhaps to Sempers painting of the Wolves and building an epic story to go with it....

I like the idea of painting up Ahriman but couldn't in good conscience suggest you do something I wouldn't do myself (spend money on 40k for a character I'd never play). In that vein perhaps painting up a Svane Vulfbad as you could use your existing Space Wolf bits and it's still a penance as you're painting a traitor...

Personally I'm broken at the thought of you being so broken my brother, but respect you all the more for your dismay at a broken oath. 

To Paint X Lone wolfs where X is the wolves brothers that completed the bow...

Each diferent to each other and with one detail representing the brother as he sees us. With time until the next ETL starts...

Ouch, tough enough. How many is that, from the 1st page it looks like 18 but I'm not sure if thats fully updated.

As Champion of the Rout and of the Adeptus Astartes, I claim the right to name the deed Mactire must endure to recover his tattered honor.

But before I do, I have to say SHAME to Waldwolf. No treachery is so foul as to force finecast on a brother.

Now after seeing the suggestions offered, and reflecting on Mactire's long service to the Aett, I am of the belief that our wayward brother Captain Semper has offered a most excellent suggestion.

Mactire, I do declare you Oath-Breaker until you produce a painted Ahriman to the assembled kin of the Aett.

So has spoken Jarl Kjaran Coldheart, Champion of the Aett, Master of the Adeptus Astartes, Talon of Fenris.

Punishment accepted Jarl and to show the proper respect to the Master of the Rout, i will paint up a Jarl Coldheart. Name your model, Lord, legs, torso, head and weapons. Rule of cool applies, don't worry about Codex restrictions.

A punishment vow Must include a finecast Model.

During this etl i finelly understood the evil of this material

Assemble and paint a whole ThunderSquirrelCavalry squad made up of only canis wolfborn models? :biggrin.:

A punishment vow Must include a finecast Model.

During this etl i finelly understood the evil of this material

Assemble and paint a whole ThunderSquirrelCavalry squad made up of only canis wolfborn models? :D

Something deeply wrong with you Dan, a Dark Elder wouldn't suggest that as a punishment.

Archived