Lord of contagion retinue options?

Lord Kallozar

Fluff or on the table?

In fluff, blightLords make sense, there is even a set with the lord+ 3 blightLords.

On the table, do not take the lord of contagion. If you really whant him, take typhus with poxwalkers.

In my personal opinion, yes.

Lord of contagion are good in combat, but they have a useless aura, no shooting and are very slow.

Typhus at least has a shooting attack in top of being a lv2 psyker plus a buff to poxwalker aura. He can support blightlord by giving them -1 to hit the turn they come on the board.

Regular lord gives rerolls + combi-weapon.

Both these option are usefull even if they do not make the charge.

I agree they're pretty terrible compared to any other character option you have.

A melee guy that's too slow to catch anybody and without proper shooting or psi for the time he struggles to get to melee? Also no must-have aura? What's the point?

I too agree sadly :/ if he had reroll ones or basically merged with the term lord profile then he’d be solid.

To stay in the spirit of the thread, I think Blightlords are the way to go or similar melee units so that they can at least try to use his aura

From a fluff point of view Deathshroud Terminators would make for good retinue for a Lord of Contagion as well. You never know when and why Mortarion wants to keep an eye on one of his subordinates. ^^

Great model though. Terrible rules.

I use mine as a Lord just for the aura.

I actually like Deathshroud termies. I think he would fit in there nicely. In fun games, paired with those guys, he is capable of messing some stuff up pretty good. (As long as he's not just stuck in the middle of nowhere. )

I use my LoC strictly as a termie chaos lord. He is absolutely useless to use as is. I still don't know why they don't let LoC and Typhus give rerolls to 1 to hit like literally every other Astartes captain HQ level choice gives.

Archived