Adeptus Titanicus - wishlisting and builds etc

Cyrox

Figured i'd start this so as not to clutter up the News and Rumour thread.

Who's getting what? What type of maniple are you building?

I was on the fence for the GM box but my friend has suggested we split the GM box and a rules box

I'll be grabbing a Reaver for sure, and after seeing the Warhounds those too.

I'm aiming to get a Warlord and some magnets, purely for a modelling/painting project, along with whatever weapons pack includes the shoulder-mounted triple-turbolasers down the line. As small-scale AoS and Shadespire are my main gaming deals now, I have no faith in my ability to regularly get in sessions of AT, as good as the rules look.

If that changes or if the bug catches, I can see myself picking up some knights, a reaver and maybe two warhounds. Some cerastus lancers would probably tip me over, depending on how they look. In that case, a maniple led by the Warlord Karkadann of the Legio Fureans would walk, their flanks protected by chosen knights of House Ærthegn.

What are folks thinking about for conveying scale through modelling or painting, particularly on bases? I was looking at Martian Ironearth with the idea that it might convey the size of the walord, make it look like the base is covered with nearly man-sized cracks rendered small by the scale. A few 8mm-ish infantrymen on the base might help... Dropzone Commander has a few models that might fit the bill as guardsmen.

Well I'm going to get a warlord and looking at the videos I think I will probably look at a couple of warhounds and at least one reaver. My wife knows that a warlord titan costs around 1.2k so I'm going to have a great deal of fun telling her I've ordered one before she finds out its a mini version.

Two Warlords and the Knights from the GM box, a Reaver when it's released next month and a box of Warhounds the month after

Depending on my local gaming club and the size of games played I might buy more.

Well I'm going to get a warlord and looking at the videos I think I will probably look at a couple of warhounds and at least one reaver. My wife knows that a warlord titan costs around 1.2k so I'm going to have a great deal of fun telling her I've ordered one before she finds out its a mini version.

Well, the good news are that you can use the money difference on a very good sofa, as you'll probably have to sleep on it when you tell her :D.

I would really like to have at least a titan of each, ideally a couple or three depending on the pattern. In a wild dream, I would have at least two different Legios, one loyalist and one traitor, maybe in different forge world patterns. However, truth is that I should not spend too much on it since it is unlikely for me to find people to play.

Nonetheless, I hope to get at least one of each as collector pieces in the future, and they would probably be one of the few miniatures that I'd build straight out of the box.

Current plans are fairly straightforward: a True Messengers (Legio Praesagius) Maniple of Warlord, Two Reavers and a Warhound; and a Sons of the Temple (Legio Nikator) Maniple of two Warlords and a Reaver.

I need to see your paint scheme, brother.

I'm hoping to see Legio Mortis get a rule that allows for large packs of Warhounds. I'd like to see Knight Houses get specific rules but I have a feeling it'll only be schemes. Once they expand to Cerastus and Acastus Knights, I'd like the ability to take a Knight army. Porphyrions and Atropos could take Titans down.

I hope we get to see lots of examples of the different Legio heraldry in the rulebook, i know there are some.

Picking the right theme is going to be by biggest hurdle I'll bet

I hope we get to see lots of examples of the different Legio heraldry in the rulebook, i know there are some.

Picking the right theme is going to be by biggest hurdle I'll bet

Or you pick .... everything!

Do we think the rulebook will include rules for Reavers and Warhounds?

Yeah i think so, the command terminals for the reaver will come with the rule set according to the pic on Warhammer Community

Current plans are fairly straightforward: a True Messengers (Legio Praesagius) Maniple of Warlord, Two Reavers and a Warhound; and a Sons of the Temple (Legio Nikator) Maniple of two Warlords and a Reaver.

I need to see your paint scheme, brother.

Still WIP, but here you go:

b.JPG

There's a bit more on my Praetors of Calth (Ultramarines) blog.

I'm looking at the GM box and going from there.

I want to do Legio Mortis for my God Machines and then maybe do the knights as House/pact of Morbidia. I honestly do not know much about Morbidia or its colors so if someone could help a frater out it'd be great!

I want to run mostly Reavers, so that Venator light maniple sounds like a good start. Will pre-order the rule book this weekend, and decide on specifics from there.

As for which Legio, I'm keen to run with Legio Astraman (The Morning Stars). Lots of green, with light cream & blue accents.

Damn, Apologist, you've made me reconsider my colour scheme. I think I might have some spare vanguard miniatures to put on the base also.

It would be awesome if forgeworld made a couple of infantry models for the bases - or a tech guard to stand on the little gantry on the warlord.

I am liking the idea of a reaver with power fist, chain fist and carapace turbolaser (would love a carapace plasma blast gun but it isn’t an option).

Rush in, using terrain to reduce incoming fire, then smash things into pieces. The turbo laser is there to defend against knights and lurking warhounds.

Also if things start to go wrong then just push the reactor, you are already in the enemies line so it should be glorious.

Archived