Adeptus Titanicus - wishlisting and builds etc

Cyrox

Fajita Fan, on 13 Nov 2018 - 7:11 PM, said:

While I’m annoyed we had to shame them into doing the right thing I’m glad it will be available. And that Reaver head looks fantastic.

This is how you deal with corporations, don't be angry just realise that you have to tell them what you want so you can give them more money. It is :cuss stupid but thats how it works.

I'm so glad they relented.

is there any proof that they weren't planning to do this anyway? they did say that the separate release won't be until early next year after all.

so it might be at all that this complaining has done was make them tell us that plan sooner, rather then later where they would have said something like: "hey, want more weapon options for your Titan, but not a new Titan itself? well the weapon sprues will be available separately for preorder this weekend."

Curious to see the price of the individual weapon sprues.

I just updated my previous estimate after checking the size of the transfer sheet. I now guess it would be something around £20 - 25.

That is based on the current cost of the original warlord at £65. The box content is 3 sprues + 1 base + 1 small transfer sheet. A similar sized base is sold for £3, FW transfer sheets are at £16 for an A4, hence assuming £5 for the warlord one. Assuming each sprue is valued the same, that would give £19 per sprue as a minimum. Expecting a premium to be added to it, especially in view of the potential demand implied by the community's response to yesterday's announcement.

I personally would be quite happy to see £20 (or lower … dreams are allowed).

Warp missile? I already made two.

oh yeah, but that will be released as a resin piece (if ever)

warlord also has all the weapons now thats been released in a 28mm scale.

I wonder if theyll do a double release on the rest?

and just noticed the reaver sprue has 3 new head variants, nice.

I just updated my previous estimate after checking the size of the transfer sheet. I now guess it would be something around £20 - 25.That is based on the current cost of the original warlord at £65. The box content is 3 sprues + 1 base + 1 small transfer sheet. A similar sized base is sold for £3, FW transfer sheets are at £16 for an A4, hence assuming £5 for the warlord one. Assuming each sprue is valued the same, that would give £19 per sprue as a minimum. Expecting a premium to be added to it, especially in view of the potential demand implied by the community's response to yesterday's announcement. I personally would be quite happy to see £20 (or lower … dreams are allowed).

if the transfer sheets are more than 10£ im going to be disappointed.

dont think they will be as large as A4, maybe half that size.

I just updated my previous estimate after checking the size of the transfer sheet. I now guess it would be something around £20 - 25.That is based on the current cost of the original warlord at £65. The box content is 3 sprues + 1 base + 1 small transfer sheet. A similar sized base is sold for £3, FW transfer sheets are at £16 for an A4, hence assuming £5 for the warlord one. Assuming each sprue is valued the same, that would give £19 per sprue as a minimum. Expecting a premium to be added to it, especially in view of the potential demand implied by the community's response to yesterday's announcement. I personally would be quite happy to see £20 (or lower … dreams are allowed).

if the transfer sheets are more than 10£ im going to be disappointed.

dont think they will be as large as A4, maybe half that size.

I mean the one currently available with the warlord, it is about 1/4 of an A4 if not mistaken. Not the announced mortis / gryphonicus which I expect to be A4 format, similar to the ones FW does have for 28mm stuff. We'll see.

Edit: checking the pics available I think you are right, should be half an A4, hence likely to be £8

Fellow princeps, what other weapons would you give to a reaver with a volcano cannon? I assume we are talking venator light maniple, so that the reaver will be doing killshots and that his warhounds will be strpping shields (mega-bolters go!). Since we are presumably shooting at shieldless target so we likely don't want a gatling blaster. Melta cannon has relatively short range so that too combines poorly with the volcano cannon. Though it should be noted that melta cannon should be able to deliver fearsome killshots on a close-quarter reaver.  That leaves us with laser blaster as reasonable choice, being tad more universally applicable than say, second volcano cannon.  

How about the carapace weapons? Apocalypse missile launcher would get to bypass LoS allowing easier killshots (but with not too much damage potential).  Vulcan mega bolter seems moot, but once we have a model, a warp missile might be a tempting choice for such a war engine.  

Thoughts?  Or should we leave engine killing for warlords and nimble warhounds while using the reavers as close ranged brawlers as distraction carnifices*? 

*yes, plural of carnifex is carnifices. :yes:

I was wondering which weapons have not yet been announced or made available. So, based on the weapons cards, I quickly arranged the following list:

Warlord version 1:
Warlord Arm - Belicosa Volcano Cannon
Warlord Carapace - Apocalypse Missile Launcher

Warlord version 2:
Warlord Arm - Arioch Titan Power Claw
Warlord Arm - Sunfury Plasma Annihilator
Warlord Carapace - Paired Laser Blasters

TBA:
Warlord Arm - Macro-Gatling Blaster
Warlord Arm - Mori Quake Cannon
Warlord Carapace - Paired Gatling Blasters
Warlord Carapace - Paired Turbo Laser Destructors
Warlord Carapace - Vulcan Mega-Bolter Array

I believe this would likely mean 2 additional weapons sprues, hence also 2 alternative versions of the Warlord. So far no chainfist for the warlord (no card), I would love to see one.

Reaver version 1:
Reaver Arm - Laser Blaster
Reaver Arm - Gatling Blaster
Reaver Arm - Reaver Titan Power Fist
Reaver Carapace - Apocalypse Missile Launcher

Reaver version 2:
Reaver Arm - Melta Cannon
Reaver Arm - Reaver Titan Chainfist
Reaver Arm - Volcano Cannon
Reaver Carapace - Turbo Laser Destructor

TBA:
Reaver Carapace - Vulcan Mega-Bolter
Reaver Carapace - Warp Missile Support Rack

So only 2 carapace weapons, with the warp missile support rack expected by many to come in resin if not mistaken. This seems a bit light for a 3rd version of the reaver, unless the weapons sprue contains a different mix of already available/announced weapons, or (and I would love that) new weapons (which means new cards too). I definitely would love Inferno guns (burn, baby, burn!) :devil: 

Warhounds: all weapons in the cards are available

Warhound Arm - Inferno Gun
Warhound Arm - Plasma Blastgun
Warhound Arm - Turbo Laser Destructor
Warhound Arm - Vulcan Mega-Bolter

My understanding from the latest Twitch is that Ursus claws will be coming, hence new weapons cards as well. How will they be packaged/made available? Blister containing both the weapons and cards? New set of warhound models?

Really curious to see.

It is very possible, I just feel it might be a bit too crowded for just 1 sprue. We'll see.

I think so too. Would not be surprised to see just one set of carapace weapons on a 3rd Warlord sprue and then the remaining as resin. Same with the Reaver, I think this is the last plastic  sprue and the remaining carapace options will be resin.

Still, hard to complain too much - an issue I personally have with resin is that it doesn't bond well with plastic, but all the carapace stuff is magnetised so no glue needed!

The issue with all the missing Warlord weapon options is now that there aren't any models available in 28mm scale. Thus they would need to first create masters of those, which is a bit more effort than just scaling down existing CAD files.

Same goes for VMB and the Warp Missiles for the Reaver.

Pretty sure the guy AH said had just been hired is currently very busy with all of these.

I don't think we won't see more plastic weapon sprues, they kind of pointed towards more classes of titans, which would allow to introduce more plastic weapons.

Also apart from the Mori Quake canon and the Warp Missiles Support Rack, all the other weapons already have a design to be based on (by that I mean in the current version of AT). E.g. the carapace weapon of the "yet-to-be-announced" reaver is a turbo laser destructor and quite close in design to the one made for the warhound (weapon's armour plates aside). I expect the Macro-Gatling Blaster and Paired Gatling Blasters to be heavily based on the reaver's gatling blaster, the first one bigger and with lateral armour plate, the paired ones about the same size covered with armour plates.

In any case, I am eagerly awaiting the next steps (my wallet … well that is another story).

In any case, I am eagerly awaiting the next steps (my wallet … well that is another story).

I am so glad I am not collecting orks and I hope that the Chaos rumors of the new year are true so I can just catch up and soothe the whiplash my own wallet is feeling.

Also apart from the Mori Quake canon and the Warp Missiles Support Rack, all the other weapons already have a design to be based on (by that I mean in the current version of AT). E.g. the carapace weapon of the "yet-to-be-announced" reaver is a turbo laser destructor and quite close in design to the one made for the warhound (weapon's armour plates aside). I expect the Macro-Gatling Blaster and Paired Gatling Blasters to be heavily based on the reaver's gatling blaster, the first one bigger and with lateral armour plate, the paired ones about the same size covered with armour plates.

Be interesting to see if the Warlord Turbo Lasers are the same size and fit as the Reaver.

Archived