Adeptus Titanicus - wishlisting and builds etc

Cyrox

Damn, Apologist, you've made me reconsider my colour scheme. I think I might have some spare vanguard miniatures to put on the base also.

It would be awesome if forgeworld made a couple of infantry models for the bases - or a tech guard to stand on the little gantry on the warlord.

I've gone for a set of these Scourge Warriors from Dropzone Commander for basing and yeah, maybe guarding the gantry. Decent little models. £12 for 30 should be more than enough for a maniple.

They're 10mm and are close enough to work as some variant of tech-thrall or skitarii/secutarii, particularly given the variation in the forces of the mechanicum before and during the heresy. I figure that with their coats done up in Incaldion yellow and bright blue eye lenses they ought to 'pop' nicely, as well as give a sense of scale.

I think I’ll be doing Legio Kydianos - the Death Cry - when I get my GME. Aligned to the Forge World of Xana II and to the forces of the Warmaster.

There’s not much about them online, so I’m hoping that either I strike it lucky with insignia and colour schemes or they don’t get covered in great detail. When I was looking up their other Xana aligned Legio counterparts, Vulturum (the Gore Crows), the colour scheme of black and white was mentioned and this has really stuck with me. As for insignia, I was originally thinking a pair of crossed scythes with a skull on top - but that’s very Death Guard now that I think about it some more. Maybe I’ll change the scythes for axes, but I think the skull being the main part of the insignia is quite important.

I already have a name for one of the Warlords in the GME - ‘Warriors Lament’ and will be keeping that level of aesthetic for the other.

Im doing two Legios. Fire Brands (Legio Atarus) will be the loyalist one but im not sure about the traitor one. Mortis would be one option but maybe im going with something else.

With the list of weapons Mendi Warrior kindly drew up, I guess we can start discussing preferred armaments, too. Since my Titans will be pulling double-duty in Epic Armageddon games too, I'll be arming one with the standard armament there: Macro-gatling blaster, volcano cannon and paired turbo-laser destructors.

Pure supposition, but I wonder if the cards in the box represent the plastic releases? i.e. anything more unusual will be released later, in resin?

I'll be converting up a Devotional Bell for one Warlord. What weapons not on the list are you hoping for?

What weapons not on the list are you hoping for?

The only ones that come to mind are inferno cannon and plasma blastgun carapace weapons for the Reaver.

On a different topic, I really hope someone recreates this as a maniple:

LHjc3Asl.jpg

Ordered the GME that I'm splitting with my roommate.

Going to brew up my own Legion and Knight house. Eventually when more knights come out I'll "port" my current knight collection over.

I'm thinking that I'll base my homebrew Titan Legion of of the Tarot cards, give each an indevidual personality, and maybe split them into Loyalist and Traitor as well.

so far I've decided that:

The Emperor and The Empress are obviously Imperator class

The Hermit may also be an Imperator, sense that would justify how he can be a "hermit", due to the self sufficiency of being a walking city state.

The Lovers are a pair of Warhounds.

The World is either a Warlord or an Imperator, though the only reason I'm considering the Warlord option is because I'm filling up the Major Arcana with way to many Imperators as it is, and obviously I want to make a JoJo reference by having The World and The Star being the same class(and same load out?).

Judgement and Justice would probably be a Warlord and a Reaver, though I'm not sure which is which.

The Fool being a Warhound just for the sake of a JoJo reference feels wrong, but I'm going to need more then just The Lovers to be Warhounds.

any suggestions?

EDIT: and The Hanged-Man should be whatever the best Anti-Titan load out is, be it Warlord or Reaver.

That's a lot of Imperators.

well yes, hence why I said I wanted to cut down on them(4 tops, eventually reduced to 1 per side of the Heresy schism)

my backstory for these guys is that after their homeworld was ravaged by war during the Age of Strife the Titans became the only real home of advanced civilization and culture, basically becoming nomadic city-states, with the Imperator classes mostly being converted into habitation and manufacturing that supports the lesser Titan classes and Knight houses in a mix of feudal hierarchy and interdependent trade.

and them later being divided into Loyalist, Traitor, and sub/side-factions wanting to pay back old grudges from prior to being united into a Titan Legion by the Imperium(and the inevitable losses they'd take from such infighting) would cut down on these numbers long term.

In terms of weapon load out I'm very tempted by the load out in the original 40k apocalypse game - IIRC one carapace apocalypse missile launcher, one carapace mega bolter array, an arm mounted quake cannon and an arm mounted volcano cannon. I certainly will be wanting a warlord with a power fist though. They are just cool.

I've dug out my copy of Dan Abnett' s Titanicus and have been avoiding the impulse to shout out "engine kill!" Whenen I get a chance to sneak read a few paragraphs at work.

In terms of weapon load out I'm very tempted by the load out in the original 40k apocalypse game - IIRC one carapace apocalypse missile launcher, one carapace mega bolter array, an arm mounted quake cannon and an arm mounted volcano cannon.

This one?

bQ1kytcl.jpg

Here's my eight warlord plan, I've already got four of the old ones, with four more incoming. Warlord support missiles are made by multiplying the reaver option by two. I'll have to homebrew a 3-5 warlord maniple also, probably recycling the trait of the 3 warlords 2 reavers one for extra firepower.

Still no traits for metalica or mortis, since the later seem to be more forthcoming metalica will have to use those of another loyalist legion, tempestus probably. Getting smaller titans looks dificult, because these plastic warlords are way cheaper than their metal/resin cousins.

The list scales down nicely to 1500, 1000 or even 500pts games if time is tight, 2k was like 2-3 hours in the leaks so 1500= two and a half hours? maybe.

Metalica 2000pts

Imp Tenebrus 520

Gatling

Volcano

Blasters

Imp Galgamech 485

Claw

Volcano

Missile rack

Quintus 505

Volcano

gatling

Turbolasers

Terrae 490

Sunfury

Claw

Turbolasers

Mortis 2000pts

Bodil 495

Claw

Volcano

Gatlings

Calvaria 490

Gatling

Volcano

Missile rack

Manus Mortis 535

Volcano

Sunfury

Blasters

Tantus abolitorus 480

Claw

volcano

Apocalypses

I want to run mostly Reavers, so that Venator light maniple sounds like a good start. Will pre-order the rule book this weekend, and decide on specifics from there.

As for which Legio, I'm keen to run with Legio Astraman (The Morning Stars). Lots of green, with light cream & blue accents.

OK, so I didn't order the rule book. Was a bit out of sorts this weekend so I'll pick it up from my flgs instead. I've also had a slight change of plan re: Legios. I still want to run some Astraman, but might save them for later & go with a Myrmidon manhole for them. Instead, I want to recreate the Demi-Legio Red Naga of Legio Atarus, as seen in HH: Massacre. Still gives me my light maniple, but also some cool fluff to go with it.

Gonna throw this one out for the other players wondering how they're going to paint black flames on yellow armour: the youtube channel Ocularis Imperia, to my mind comfortably the best creator of 30k background videos in tone and production, has put up an episode on the Legio Fureans: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98E6yPz3mCk

If you've come across their entry in Massacre you've essentially read it all already but it's evocative in this format, quite different to some of the 'read off the wiki' contemporaries. Easily worth the fifteen minutes.

For now I have ordered a Warlord and the Rulebook.

I will go for a second Warlord as soon as alternate weapons are available, at least two Reavers and at least three Warhounds once they come out.

I'm probably going to do a Legio Tempestus force from the Schism of Mars. Anyone got a good recipe for cobalt blue? I'm too used to bone, black and green. :wink:

Current plans are fairly straightforward: a True Messengers (Legio Praesagius) Maniple of Warlord, Two Reavers and a Warhound; and a Sons of the Temple (Legio Nikator) Maniple of two Warlords and a Reaver.

Same Legion but I plan on the Nine Paragons - 1 Titan every 4 months :).

I will probably do Audax or another Horus aligned Legion.

For now I have ordered a Warlord and the Rulebook.

I will go for a second Warlord as soon as alternate weapons are available, at least two Reavers and at least three Warhounds once they come out.

I'm probably going to do a Legio Tempestus force from the Schism of Mars. Anyone got a good recipe for cobalt blue? I'm too used to bone, black and green. :wink:

Same, got the rules and the Warlord ordered. I decided to go with Legio Atarus. Their chip-on-their-shoulder mentality goes well with my own forge world and knight house back stories. Plus I want to have the decals for once.

Archived