New Crimson Fists Army

Hello all.

I've spent most of my time in the hobby playing World Eaters and killing loyalist marines. I'm taking part in the Facing the Unknown event and decided to finally build the army of Crimson Fists that I have wanted for a long time. I was drawn to them by their lore and I kind of like the old Rogue Trader artwork that heavily features them. Anyway, I vowed to complete a patrol detachment. Fortunately, I have just about all the models I need, and then some, to easily fill this out. I'm probably going start out with 1 tactical squad (10 marines) and 2 intercessor squads (5 each) led by Pedro Kantor. I will definitely add on more units, especially heavy support, after I finish these. 

I'm looking forward to putting this army together and learning how to play as a Crimson Fist.

And here is a WIP tactical marine I started working on a couple of days ago.

crimson fist

• 2 weeks later...
I'm just starting my own, been working hard on getting something ready for the table top. Took a win in my first game (base painted models). Pedro is a must I think, combined with hellblasters for those tasty re rolls. Also his +1 attack aura makes an intercessor squad with a power sword sergeant a significant threat in combat. I'm also really liking the idea of the Primaris captain with powerfist and plasma pistol, fist of vengeance, imperiums sword warlord trait, this gives you 6 attacks on the charge S8,AP-3,damage 3 with no -1 to hit. Throw in might of hero's and it's 7 attacks at S10, and Pedro for 8 attacks. Basically smash anything

Good for you! I’ve been trying for far too long now to get some hobby time in to start my own Crimson Fists project. Between work and family that time is elusive. Are you considering any other characters?

I've got the dark imperium box so i was going to try out the Lts. and the Primaris Ancient for sure.Aside from those I haven't really considered any.

I'm just starting my own, been working hard on getting something ready for the table top. Took a win in my first game (base painted models). Pedro is a must I think, combined with hellblasters for those tasty re rolls. Also his +1 attack aura makes an intercessor squad with a power sword sergeant a significant threat in combat. I'm also really liking the idea of the Primaris captain with powerfist and plasma pistol, fist of vengeance, imperiums sword warlord trait, this gives you 6 attacks on the charge S8,AP-3,damage 3 with no -1 to hit. Throw in might of hero's and it's 7 attacks at S10, and Pedro for 8 attacks. Basically smash anything

Thanks for the suggestions, that Primaris captain sounds like a great contender! I recently played a very small game against Death Guard and Kantor proved to crucial for victory.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am thinking about making a Crimson Fist army (really want to model and use Captain Cortez) or a Salamander army (really like green and dragons).

Ah, I used to have a very small, and badly painted, Salamanders army when I first started about 11 years ago. I have to say, they were a lot of fun and I still feel drawn to them (I like green and dragons too).

• 4 months later...

Wow. It has been a while since I've updated this.

Unfortunately, this project kept getting sidetracked by various heretic astartes related things. However, the release of Shadowspear has motivated me to get started on this again. I received my box a few days ago and have begun assembling the vanguard marines (after tearing myself away from painting the chaos side for my Hounds of Abaddon), which will be added to my fledgling Crimson Fists. I have also started painting good ol' Pedro Kantor. The first tactical squad is almost finished as well. I'll be uploading some photos of my progress soon.

I'm excited about these new vanguard marines, I think they will make for some very cool Crimson Fists.

Archived