Eidolon's random projects..... there are no Wolves on Fenris

• 2 weeks later...

So uhh, your pictures are all gone for me.

Still showing for me....

And yet more of the Rehati make an appearance!

Couldn't resist building more characters from the novel A Thousand Sons! I've got a wee bit obsessed with the Heresy Legions Card Game which has re-kindled my abortive Sons army and my love of recreating the classic heresy CCG artwork.

gallery_162_17168_67134.jpeg

Can you guess who he is?! Sadly the earlier incarnation met with a tragic accident, so I sacrificed some elves to make this guy happen

Edited by Lord Commander Eidolon

Ah! Here you've hidden your precious TS! Love 'em! Keep us updated, I can't wait for all of them to get some paint :smile.:

Sadly my Sons have been a stop start project and anything prior to my new stuff has been stripped and will be redone as I wasn't happy with the red! The red on the first ETL vow is done and I should have my 'test' model completed soon then I can start on the sorcerers!

Well, my Rehati conclave continues! Sadly I'm kind of running low on the classic sabretooth card game art to emulate with regards to characters! I'm still planning on doing a few homages of units and the Land Speeder!

This guy should be much more recognisable- missing the collar but I've got one and it fits well, so that's all good! I'd like the helmet to look a bit closer to the art but I've not seen anything come closer.

gallery_162_17168_527962.jpeg

Lovely stuff! I always had a soft spot for thousand sons, but it diminished with the new plastics as the need to do cool conversions disappeared. These guys brings that back though:)

I especially like the intricate helmets, I know what a pain it can be to splice parts together to form the focal point of a model, no cutting corners:)

Lovely stuff! I always had a soft spot for thousand sons, but it diminished with the new plastics as the need to do cool conversions disappeared. These guys brings that back though:)

I especially like the intricate helmets, I know what a pain it can be to splice parts together to form the focal point of a model, no cutting corners:)

Thanks! Always nice to get feedback from fellow converters! You've done a great job with the World Eaters, I've long been jealous of the opportunity to use the AoS Khorne stuff with them! I think you can justify it for high level hero's! More so when you are trying to replicate artwork! Strange the new plastics diminished your conversion drive, I found it spurred on mine! I'm looking forward to trying to do more with the CSM range!

Love every one of these guys. Wish i was more familiar with the card game art so I could recognize the poses, but they stand alone as great sorcerers regardless.

Thanks! I've posted a comparison of the art work! The Collected Visions book has a lot of these featured- it's a lovely book, well worth it if you are into the Heresy!

I've been posting a lot of my stuff on Instagram as I'm generally pretty lazy and it's an efffort to upload stuff to a hosting site. However, here's a copy of the post as no one here managed to guess the character, so here is the answer.... I'm also aware not everyone knows the Art that I'm referring to, so here it is.....

Behold the coming of the Rehati! Belaq Uthizzar, Captain of the Fifth Fellowship, Magister Templii of the Athaneans. My project to build characters from the Heresy novels / classic heresy art continues.#magnusdidnothingwrong

gallery_162_17168_169698.jpeg

Think I've covered off the majority of the details so he should be recognisable, although the picture isn't as well known as others. He also features in the Heresy Legions app game, which is what prompted me to make him! I'm going to attempt to do all the Fellowship Captains at some point!

Ah, now that I see the artwork I appreciate the conversion even more. That torso was a great choice to evoke the belt buckle (?) in the art, and you've done a good job of translating the helmet as well. Love seeing the comparison between picture and model!

Ah, now that I see the artwork I appreciate the conversion even more. That torso was a great choice to evoke the belt buckle (?) in the art, and you've done a good job of translating the helmet as well. Love seeing the comparison between picture and model!

Thanks! The 'buckle' was what prompted the use of the torso, it also nicely hid the damage to the loin cloth caused by chopping up Sevrin Loth. I was quite lazy with the backpack but I think it looks enough like the wings he has in a kind of collar on top of his backpack.

Here is a little more comparison - this guy is one of my favourite characters in the series! The helmet is the best approximation I've managed to come across, however if anyone else has suggestions I'm happy to hear them.

I'll add the wizards collar after painting the Metallic red, so I'm not adding needless layers

gallery_162_17168_658850.jpeg

Hmm, how about a slightly shaved-down FW Death Guard head? The facemask seems similar enough...

Thanks for stopping by Kraut! I must say I'd not considered that. I've got a spare DG head so I'll have a go. Are you thinking a straight swap? Or surgically removing the grill and grafting it to the head?! I'd hoped there'd be a fantasy Chaos head that'd fit the bill, but I've not seen anything. In the end I went something rather than never building it. I might just run him with a ludicrously handsome bare head in any event

Well, as I'd already posted a sort of comparison with the helmet I've left this one until last, but here's my interpretation of Phosis T'Kar

/]gallery_162_17168_132477.jpeg[/url]

And my latest Sorcerer.... I've unfortunately run out of Visions of Heresy art....

gallery_162_17168_243156.jpeg

My interpretation of Izzakar Orr from The Thirteen Wolf! My buddy Jackalwolf has been building some damn impressive Space Wolves, so naturally I had to build an opposing force for his 13th Company. I'm a little late, as he finished his Ashes of Prospero diorama sometime ago. I was inspired by his inclusion as a legendary card in the Heresy Legions game. I would have made him closer to the art from the Thirteenth Wolf cover but I'm not convinced it's a sorcerer!

Hm, I think I would just use the entire head, especially since you have already pulled the "mouth grille grafted to a Thousand Sons head" on one of the other models ;) If you wanted to bring the DG head even closer to the artwork, you could fill in the little triangular grille piece at the bottom and maybe try and sculpt the tiniest bit of decorative filigree directly above the eye lenses -- but only if you're feeling up to it, that is. If not, the head should work just fine without any changes to it (save for losing the spike on top).

You'll need that high collar, though, for a closer match. The WFB Empire War Wizard kit (don't ask me what the kit is called these days, it should still be available, though) has some collars that would work.

Love the new guy. He's so sleek and arrogant ;)

These are fantastic conversions. When it comes to the Son's i'm a 2nd Fellowship man so am really loving the Phosis T'Kar rendition and how close you've got him to the artwork!

Are you planning on an Auramagma or Khalophis? or is that another conversion we have to guess =)

• 1 month later...

These are fantastic conversions. When it comes to the Son's i'm a 2nd Fellowship man so am really loving the Phosis T'Kar rendition and how close you've got him to the artwork!

Are you planning on an Auramagma or Khalophis? or is that another conversion we have to guess =)

Thanks! I’m really loving Phosis on the Heresy Card game app! He’s one of my favourites too!

I’ve already done Kalophis, he’s got his red base coat down - I’m however thinking of going to town on a fiery disc for him! He’s already in the thread!

Auromagma I’ve got a plan for him and given the Pyrae nature of him I think he will be easily guessed when I get around to him....

I’ve been distracted with real life issues and a dalliance with WHFB elves for some strange reason; I guess I like lost causes, defunct game systems and races! Kind of like the sad end to the traitor legions I collect too!!

So progress has been slow; not helped by the insane amount of trim on the rubrics. I really need to figure another way to make my marines ‘taller’. Not sure if I can pull off the Death Watch legs?! That DG plastics would need a lot of work, and I’m despite having initially got the new CSMs to covert to TS I found it would be too much effort, any suggestions appreciated

But there is progress

http://i67.tinypic.com/vya51s.jpg

And one of my characters is pretty much done

• 2 years later...

Well well well, what have we hear...... This like all of my threads died a bit of a death following the loss of tiny pic, wiping all my pics. Fortunately I had most saved and have restored them on this blog now, for the sake of posterity! Sadly these sons are no closer to finishing, despite me actually doing a whole army of Red 40K Thousand Sons!

So I haven't been idle the past 2 years, i've just drifted away from the forum and been working on a lot of Warhammer Fantasy stuff, but it is time to re-boot and upload some progress pieces... somewhat ironically I decided on Space Wolves!

The Indomitus release and specifically the Bladeguard veterans gave me something to get a little on board with the whole primaries thing, I like the models but sound the phase 1 and 2 releases a little bland. Getting Assault Marines and veterans made them seem more interesting than the somewhat bland intercessors and hell blasters. I figured there would be a nice opportunity to kit bash and convert, so here we go....

gallery_162_17167_37294.jpeg

This dude is pretty basic, a few Wolfy bits to add a bit of character - and a mk7 head, I was toying about making them into larger scale original marines, but didn't feel like chopping up too much, perhaps on another project.

gallery_162_17167_211525.jpeg

Tried my hand at a little Wolf Pelt sculpting on this one, nothing too fancy but it was fun to try something new!

gallery_162_17167_68783.jpeg

This was a tad more involved, for what is essentially a Blood Claw Sgt, thought I'd try out sculpting beards and a bit of fur!

There has been a bit more progress, the plan is to Wolfyify the Indomitus set!!

Bikers all done, tried to make them wolfy but not too wolfy!!

gallery_162_17167_428362.jpeg[/url]

And the next

[url=http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/306277-2e9016c6-672e-475d-8f77-af77dc0e8850/]gallery_162_17167_341290.jpeg

Never thought I'd see the day!! Really sweet and grimdark wolves!

Well I did draw a lot of inspiration from your 30k Wolves! There is such a lot of character that you can add to the wolves. I’d probably like to add more bits and detail but they’ll never get done…..

Solid painting on these chaps, really liking the bases as well!

The snow has been a long and painful process to get right! But AK interactive snow powder is the way to go…..

Anyway I thought I’d make assault intercessors into Blood gallery_162_17167_209977.jpeg