Servitors with the Pariah gene...

What would happen to a Blank if they were converted to a Servitor? Are there any examples of this happening?

Servitors are, as we know, not true AI and as cyborgs are still human which I would assume to mean that they would retain their Pariah status. I'm writing a bit of fluff about Psychic interrogations and a Blank servitor would seem like a useful tool to an Inquisitor, being both a Psychic deterrent and completely subservient to their will. 

They retain their Pariah status, I think.

One of the Ahriman books has a scene where a Sorcerer (who was formerly a Librarian) is being interrogated in a special chamber, with several (four, I think?) blank servitors suppressing his power. 

Actually, they might have been more like Arco-Flagellants? Which aren't *quite* servitors, but are pretty close... I should look it up.

Could go either way.

Pariah gene might only manifest in a fully functioning pariah brain, and giving them a lobotomy might inhibit their ability or remove it entirely.

Betting psykers don't stay psykers with half their brain drilled out, and since pariahs are their mirrored opposite, that's what I would assume.

We certainly know that blanks don't stay that way once their dead.

And it isn't like most pariah have problems being loyal.

Being totally immune to psychic/chaotic corruption or control, and the fact that most lead really terrible lives because everyone hates them instinctively, most are more than happy being given a purpose and campatriots that don't hate them. Or at least, consider them incredibly valuable and useful.

This is actually a really cool concept, I have two separate Inquisitorial Warbands I want to do at some point in the future and I think I'd want to put something like these in them.

I wonder if it's possible to alter a servo-skull just enough to have it retain a modicum of Blank ability?

It's an interesting concept, as while there's the what The Unseen says, there's also the fact that being a blank is a passive effect, unlike psykers having to actively utilise their gifts. 

As for them being loyal, just remember that they're still human, so for every blank/pariah who stays loyal because he now fits in, there's probably a few more that would happily throw their service into cults to get back at the society that cast them out.

It could be that the Servitor isn't a traditional Servitor, and instead of the lobotomy, it's instead just tranquilised into oblivion, still being "alive", but having the mechanical augmentation following all the actual instructions. That'd get you around the "does a lobotomy ruin the ability" issue.

It could be that the Servitor isn't a traditional Servitor, and instead of the lobotomy, it's instead just tranquilised into oblivion, still being "alive", but having the mechanical augmentation following all the actual instructions. That'd get you around the "does a lobotomy ruin the ability" issue.

Or maybe just a floating, blank's live head, attached to medical and antigrav aparatus?

I can't help but assume such a "servitor" would quickly degenerate into a Morte-like jackass...

Or maybe just a floating, blank's live head, attached to medical and antigrav aparatus?

I can't help but assume such a "servitor" would quickly degenerate into a Morte-like jackass...

all im picturing now is an =][= sending a wave of blank-o-skulls racing towards his target to mess them up as he advances.

I don't even know what Planescape: Torment is, and after following the link and reading the first few sentences I instantly desired a Morte-like jackass for a retinue.

I only listened to it in audiobook form, so my recollection is not that great, but I feel like the psy-Titans of the Ordo Sinister (from the short story of the same name in Burden of Loyalty) may use pariah servitors of some sort.  The princeps is a blank and the moderati are servitors, I believe, who were either also blanks or psykers; the Titan was powered by a psyker battery of some sort, a la The Matrix.  I didn't get quite a sense of the main weapon's nature, but it seemed to be a cannon that fired "blankness".

Someone can correct my imperfect recollection, if necessary.

Archived