Reinforcements: Fort dies Mercurii: Segmentum Tempestus.

Axineton

So I’ve had this thread moved from the wip forum to the DW forum because I have more to waffle on about here than there if you get me. 

Anyway here’s pictures of what I acquired over Christmas. Some of it’s painted some of it isn’t. I’m going to be rebasing it all eventually and I’ll finish off the primed models too. 

Not sure of total points value but if anyone wants to work it out feel free :biggrin.:

PtbHIKN.jpg

G8wqoFc.jpg

97yjKqd.jpg

kMnzoVE.jpg

dItYxzr.jpg

LfZwNwI.jpg

v9s1DvF.jpg

BEAmioW.jpg

Tl2cx08.jpg

Gt21vbf.jpg

PcpUyoX.jpg

BiVQ83j.jpg

N6BAUbh.jpg

A2VdwmD.jpg

Mff19LC.jpg

yYfwZew.jpg

Quite a bit here but I’m looking forward to getting these up and ready. In the meantime I can play kill team with some of this so that’s good for me. 

Oh and I picked up that new Dark Angel Primaris dude last week and he’s gonna be getting the Deathwatch treatment too. 

Forgot to mention I have a new Captain Artemis that’s still boxed and a few more bits from the kill team Cassius box that were also a part of this eBay buy. Didn’t photograph the other bits because I forgot about them. 

Edited by Axineton

Looking great. I love the weathering on the Redemptor. Such a cool model too. 

Every time I see the Corvus I think how it should be a good 30 points cheaper.... But you gotta have at least one. :smile.:

cheers Prot and cheers for getting the thread moved mate. Yeah the redemptor is painted awesomely! I’ll change the base eventually and also touch up the bits in the enclosure that hasn’t been painted etc. Love the Corvus too. 

Excellent works. It's obvious you put in a lot of effort in these models.

cheers Bjorn but the only effort I put into these was buying them on eBay mate. I will eventually get round to painting the rest of the primed marines over the course of the year though. 

That's a huge haul, some great stuff you have there! Are you keeping their weapon options as is?

My DW will be using the Sector Mechanicus bases from GW, I got a 3d printed one made in a similar design for my Levi, i can always rebase it later if it's an issue. I think they were a fantastic product from GW and gives a super look, but I was a bit surprised that they make 65mm bases instead of 60mm. Hadn't realised that was even a base size, but at least you get 32mm, 40mm and 65mm in the same box which suits DW very well.

*EDIT:  Just a point as I kinda forgot to write, if you do use the Necromunda bases, will you be able to base all types of models you have with their sizes available, or are you ok with custom making the larger ones yourself?

Edited by infyrana

I can probably do the bikes as custom made ones but the only trouble I’m having is sourcing a 90mm redemptor base at the moment. 

I’ll probably keep the weapon loadouts as is. I’ll obviously sort out weapons for the ones that need weapons too. This is definitely a slow burn project that I may put towards the 12 months of hobby challenge too. I will probably add more to it too no doubt :biggrin.:

• 2 weeks later...

So I picked up two Primaris Lt’s and stuck them on 32mm bases instead of the 40mm’s just so I could use them as sergeants. Assembled them the other day and added the Howling Griffons shoulder pad to one and the other will be decided at a later date as I’ll have to use a decal on his shoulder pad. Anyway here they are in all their glorious nakedness. I may prime them tomorrow 

ZQpXVp4h.jpg

Built these last night and this afternoon. 5 Hellblasters

From left to right,   A Tauran (Name to be decided), a Brazen Claw (name to be decided), a Space Wolf Sergeant (Ulfric Icefang), a Novamarine (Marcus Cassus) and finally a Blood Angel (Leonid Castivar)

I'm going to build the rest over the weekend if I get the time and my vow for March in the 12 months of hobby is going to be my two Intercessor sergeants I think.

PwC7cCph.jpg

And the other five hellblasters built today. We have from left to right: Ultramarine (name to be decided), a White Consul (name to be decided and decal added to shoulder), a Dark Angel (name to be decided), a White Scar (same as the rest TBD) and the sergeant a Silver Skull (name TBD). 

I’ll get all 10 of these primed next Friday at work. 

FtC72qRh.jpg

Cheers Lifeafter!

Bit of progress on the Silver Templar. I e got some tamiya tape and going to make some hazard stripes.

I’ve also added the lieutenants Zakariah and Tolmeron too the reinforcements. I’ve used the Dark Angel upgrade sprue on Zakariah and I think it gives him a better look. I also cut up a necromunda base to make it look like there’s a transition from the munda flooring to outside with his foot on a bit of rock that I don’t have the tools to cut.

Tolmeron was just built as per the instructions as again I don’t have the tools to cut lumps off him. I was going to give him a chainsword in his pistol hand and a pistol in his sword hand. 

3hzhfv2h.jpg

And here’s the tape gone. I love the results and wish I’d used this tape in the past for stuff. 

l6XK12hh.jpg

Edited by Axineton

Applied the decal to the Silver Templar and painted the Howling Griffons silver arm and Aquila plus the base. Also built a Black Templars Primaris Watch Captain and gave him the helmet that comes with the deathwatch upgrade sprue. I’ll prime him and the 12 minis at work on Monday. 

plDtovlh.jpg

k2R3Kiyh.jpg

EasKeSmh.jpg

fwnsWbah.jpg

BUMvqqMh.jpg

rLsscnwh.jpg

Been painting more chapter shoulder pads today and a bit more of the two sergeants but thought I’d take a break and build a Watchmaster. I’d been thinking about a Primaris one for a few weeks and I looked at the original one that’s available and I wanted his pose and spear/gun thing included. As I was sorting out my stuff I came across Lazarus and his pose is exactly the same so I thought about it and knew it would look good. I wanted his helmet included but I couldn’t be bothered trying to kitbash it so left it as it is. That meant I needed a left handed spear. I actually didn’t look at the original watchmaster spear so I’m not sure if it’s left or right handed. So I looked at the custodes. And the custodes shield Captain is ideal for it. So here I present Lazarus, Primaris Watchmaster of Fort Wednesday. 

DPOfujgh.jpg

JI5SBKkh.jpg

zP2ErZZh.jpg

9As1rkCh.jpg

I’ll prime him on Monday at work. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...