Primaris Chapter questions

MEDEVAC

I am wanting to create a primaris chapter that uses siege warfare and tanks very heavily. The question is with all the things about primaris not being able to use current tanks and equipment would this be easy to explain away or would i be better off creating a chapter thats been heavily reinforced with primaris. My big reason i want to do primaris is i want to hint at them being from traitor geneseed.

I generally just hand wave vehicles into my primaris army, I just imagine that if the tanks and IFV were to scale with regular space marines even if primaris were a foot taller they would still be able to operate those assets. On the table top the way I see it is, are all my infantry primaris? If so then it's a pure primaris list and just accept that this is an abstract representation going on in our minds.

So play your duders how you want to. If it looks cool to you that's all that matters.

I generally just hand wave vehicles into my primaris army, I just imagine that if the tanks and IFV were to scale with regular space marines even if primaris were a foot taller they would still be able to operate those assets. On the table top the way I see it is, are all my infantry primaris? If so then it's a pure primaris list and just accept that this is an abstract representation going on in our minds.

So play your duders how you want to. If it looks cool to you that's all that matters.

Thats kinda what i wanted to do. I really like the HH variants of tanks that forgeworld sells so my idea for my primaris chapter is that they were gifted an "abandoned" fortress monastery to assist in guarding the other side of the rift and inside of this monastery was a fleet of relic vehicles and equipment left over from the previous chapter that was wiped out/dissapeared whatever. and to explain my contemptor and leviathan that i want is that they are original legion members who were entombed in the final stages of the war and put into stasis with the primaris.

Thats kinda what i wanted to do. I really like the HH variants of tanks that forgeworld sells so my idea for my primaris chapter is that they were gifted an "abandoned" fortress monastery to assist in guarding the other side of the rift and inside of this monastery was a fleet of relic vehicles and equipment left over from the previous chapter that was wiped out/dissapeared whatever. and to explain my contemptor and leviathan that i want is that they are original legion members who were entombed in the final stages of the war and put into stasis with the primaris.
Also just so you know I think Primaris Marines are compatible with standard Dreadnaught Sarcophagui since the redemptor has one installed on its model so you can also have a whole bunch of unused relic dreadnaught's that they would be fully compatible with.

Also just so you know I think Primaris Marines are compatible with standard Dreadnaught Sarcophagui since the redemptor has one installed on its model so you can also have a whole bunch of unused relic dreadnaught's that they would be fully compatible with.

I never thought about that. Thank you for pointing that out.

I am wanting to create a primaris chapter that uses siege warfare and tanks very heavily. The question is with all the things about primaris not being able to use current tanks and equipment would this be easy to explain away or would i be better off creating a chapter thats been heavily reinforced with primaris. My big reason i want to do primaris is i want to hint at them being from traitor geneseed.

If anyone gives you grief on it, you can simply fluff it as the vehicles being operated by aspirants and serfs, which is already a thing for regular Astartes as I recall.

Archived